“Affordable for high season Naples lodging”

Fairways Inn of Naples
Ranked #41 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Manassas, Virginia
“Affordable for high season Naples lodging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in February. Most of the name brand economy or moderate hotels were either full or very expensive. I liked the vintage charm of this hotel. It is an older property, built in 1966. The room was clean enough. We were gone most of the day so it was adequate, affordable lodging. The landscaping is beautiful surrounding the hotel. The breakfast is described as light. All in all, just about what I expected. If I had more funds, I'd stay closer to Naples.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ekehl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel was an incredible deal for Naples, especially if you are traveling with children or one of your family pets. The location is easy to find just off a main highway, even in the dark, and just after landing in Naples! The place is quiet and comfortable and the pool area is lovely, surrounded by palm trees and shady areas and tropical plants (some even named with plaques). Free parking, free continental breakfast in the hotel's pavilion food area are great bonuses. Our room 231 had a full kitchen and good sized bathroom which was also fitted for handicapped users. A nice place with friendly staff. One of Naples' few pet friendly hotels!

Room Tip: Poolside room was quiet and lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Madeline V
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Fairways three times. We've opted for one of the spacious, well-appointed efficiencies. The included Continental breakfast used to be generous and satisfying. It was much less satisfying during our last visit, however, so we started bringing our own fruit and other healthy items to eat with our coffee in the pretty garden gazebo where breakfast is served. There is a lovely garden area and a pool. The Inn has a sixties feel but it is generally well-maintained, and the staff are friendly and responsive. I also like the fact that it hosts many international visitors.

Room Tip: If you need a dark room to sleep, avoid a room that has the old-fashioned aluminum blinds.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DrPatty2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is straight out of a 1950's movie. You're given an actual key to open your door. My room was on the second floor and I had to drag my luggage up two flights of steps. The room faced the parking lot and there were no drapes, just slotted blinds so people walking by were able to see into my room.
Very small room with a table in the middle of the room. The bathtub has dispensers for shampoo and soap.
I had to book here because I booked late for a work trip and other hotels were full or very expensive.
Pros: they let me check in very early. I had to check out at 7 AM and the front desk wasn't even open yet. You put your key in a box. It's that old school.
The pool seemed nice but I didn't get to use it.
Cons: too many to list.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FairwaysNaples, General Manager at Fairways Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We receive many compliments from guests who appreciate the nostalgia of our property when they receive the key to their room. When our facility was constructed, shower head height was much lower and elevators were not a part of code enforcement; however, there is always a staff member willing to carry bags upstairs for those who are unable to do so. Please consider returning and we will make every attempt to make your stay enjoyable.

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Adequate when alternatives are few. Some rooms are quite small, especially with King Bed. We found room 102 to be small but clean. Cons: loud neighbor noise, glad we have a sound machine, shower head at neck level. Pros: Price , pool and location

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The rooms are absolutely tiny. The property is run down and filthy and customer service is horrible. We checked out early. This place is like a dumpy old place that hasn't been updated or remodeled since the '50's.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MollyWolly22
Our old Florida charm is what draws many travelers to us. It is always our goal for guests to find our accommodations comfortable. All of our rooms have been updated with flat screen televisions and most of the flooring has been updated to ceramic tile. Our conscientious and courteous staff makes it a priority to insure our facility is clean, maintained and in proper working order at all times. The moment we are made aware of maintenance issues or issues of any kind, we are sure to address them promptly. We’d be delighted for you to visit us again so that we can make your visit and pleasant one.
Mendham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

From what I could tell there are 2 sections of this hotel - The one by the road that we stayed in & got to listen to the people in the room that our head boards were against screwing all night & the section in the back. This is how they determine price. I have property down the road that I was looking for a decent hotel to stay in while I looked for builders but wouldn't go back. The front desk people were nice but were Not able to help ?? It's you get what you pay for attitude. Had I known this I would have paid the difference which was only about $10 or so but when I booked this over the phone it would have been nice to know!!! Continental breakfast not very good either.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms by the road especially the ones that back up to another room!!!! Unless you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples
Hampton Inn Naples I-75
Hampton Inn Naples I-75
#23 of 59 in Naples
BEST WESTERN Naples Plaza Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples East (I-75)
Comfort Inn and Executive Suites
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
#7 of 15 in Bonita Springs

Been to Fairways Inn of Naples? Share your experiences!