“Just the right size”

Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Naples
York, Maine
“Just the right size”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel was small enough to get good service,a nice room and good location that made it easy to connect with local friends.
The pool area is small but quiet.
Breakfast has adequate choices.
The only negative is that room cleaning happened later in the day, which sometimes is not convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gayle L
Sue S, Manager at Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience here at the Inn of Naples. We strive on great service and cleanliness of our rooms. Next time you visit just request for early service and we will make sure it happens. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed on the fourth floor room 422. The odor of the room was awful; the drapery and the furniture was very musty as was the carpeting. The hallways were even worse. This could be a great Inn if it were updated the location is super the breakfast is very nice. I don't understand how they claim their excellence of being clean with such a bad odor.

Room Tip: This could be a neat almost Boutique-like inn of they remodeled and got rid of odors. Also very nois...
3 Thank Molly S
Sue S, General Manager at Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Molly S,
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We definately appreciate all feedback both good and bad. I would just like to say that it is not only us saying that we are a "clean" property, it is also the majority of our past guests that also say this. You can verify this by just reviewing the other TripAdvisor comments. I can't tell you what caused the bad odors on your visit but, I can just tell you it is not our norm. Thanks again for the review.
Sue-G.M.
Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is out of the downtown area but within easy driving distance.
And the price was so much more reasonable. The rooms were spacious, clean,quiet and comfortable. The grounds are lovely and well-kept . Easy check-in with reservations. The handicapped accessible room that I reserved for my 88 year-old mother was everything she needed and more. The staff was very friendly and available to answer our needs and questions.
The included continental breakfast was average but adequate.
Our previous stays in Naples have been at the Bella Sera but the Inn of Naples far outranks it in value and especially friendliness and helpfulness of staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Depending on the weather the rooms with balconies overlooking the pool could be loud. Get a room wi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Sue S, General Manager at Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Cunninghamc..,
I are so glad that you decided to give the Inn of Naples a try. We are definately more affordable than some of the downtown or beachside properties. It really tickled me to hear that you feel we "outrank the Bella Sera in value and especially friendliness and helpfulness of staff" and that you will be back with us again in the future.
Thanks so much!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed four nights and it was very relaxed. The room was comfortable and the bathroom particularly good, with the wash-basins in a separate area. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, but the area it's served in was cramped and you had to choose your time it you wanted to sit at a table (its hours are generous, though). The pool area was pleasant and enjoyed by many guests; off it there's a useful laundry room. The staff were pleasant, too, making ours an all-round enjoyable stay.

Dear HughJarres,
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Inn Of Naples. I appreciate the kind and honest review. Thank you so much.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Would have never chosen this hotel without Trip Advisor but we were very pleased with our stay. Although it was just me and my wife, we chose a family suite, since it seemed to offer more privacy and it was reasonably priced at $149/night for our stay.

The family suite contained a king bed in a separate bedroom, a living room with a pull out couch, and a bathroom with a separate sink area from the toilet and shower. Roomy for two but not sure if you actually had a family of four, that this would provide enough space. The family suite also had a kitchen sink, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Neither the room or the hotel are brand new but the room was very clean and the property looks good from the exterior.

Another advantage of the family suite was that it was located at the end of the hallway and we had a very quiet night. Each room has a balcony that you can sit on but I'm not sure any of the views are worth the trouble from the balcony. Ours overlooked US 41 and I don't think the view from the back of the hotel is any better.

Really thought that the free continental breakfast was well done and I liked that they kept it open until 10:30. Also liked that the check out time was a generous 12:00. This hotel is about a ten minute drive from downtown Naples and about a fifteen minute drive from I-75.

2 Thank Jason P
Sue S, General Manager at Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear jpete02,
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn of Naples. We do have entended breakfast hours to try to accommodate most of our hotel guests. Breakfast does tend to get busy this time of year so the extended hours do help out. Please come back soon!
Canton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent a pleasant two nights at The Inn of Naples. The rooms were priced with no hidden charges.A clean room, free parking and a continental breakfast helped make our stay a pleasant one. We were not far from downtown, tin city and New home construction. Sanibel Island was not far away too.

Room Tip: Conveniently located to shopping and, restaurants this clean well operated Inn was a pleasure to sta...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Bob A,
We thank you so much for choosing the Inn Of Naples for your recent Naples visit. Thank you also for the nice review. As the General Manager it is nice to hear, "clean rooms, free newspaper, coffee, parking and continential breakfast" and of course "well operated". Please stop in again the next time you get to Naples.
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Being thrifty travelers we always take advantage of coupons offered by local tourism. We found a coupon for this hotel, it looked nice and thought we would give it a try. Upon arrival I had asked lady at reception if they had any rooms available and was told they had a few and there would be no problem getting one. While the front desk clerk was looking to place us in a room I had mentioned that I had a coupon. She asked me to wait a minute as she did not know how to enter the transaction into the computer. She told the office manager of her dilemma and the office manager told her in a very rude tone "we don't have any rooms and that we would have to come back in 2 to 3 hours and inquire again". (I actually felt really bad for this poor front desk clerk as her manager was clearly talking down to her). I thought this very strange and asked the manager the reason for this as I was just told there were a few rooms available. She said because I was using one of their advertising coupons that I would have to wait. I said that makes no sense and if you want I will pay for the room right now and come back in 2-3 hours. She rudely said to me that it doesn't work that way and I would have to come back and take my chances. I was obviously getting no where with this person and having two tired and cranky children in the van didn't push the matter.
If it wasn't for the reduced rate from the coupon I wouldn't have come back to face this miserable person again.
We came back 2 and a half hours later and sure enough there was a room. She really seemed disturbed at having to give us the room for the reduced rate. (Remember that this was their advertised coupon)?? I had asked to book the room for three nights and she almost turned purple and said "not for that rate you cant". This was on a Monday and didn't think it would be a problem. (guess it was better to have an empty room).
We ended up staying for two nights as this was all they were willing to do. Anyway, I didn't rate this Inn on the reception or it would have been a 1 out of 5. The following are the positive things the Inn had to offer:
Nice room, clean and beds were ok. Very small balcony(and I mean small) facing the pool area. They had a work out area and a nice pool which was well maintained. Continental breakfast included and had a good variety. Complementary local paper and it had a nice lobby/sitting area. I attempted to get something from the vending machine and it was broken (no sign) but they did give me my money back as well as the person behind me who had the same problem. The beach was about a five minute drive from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are planning to sit outside your room probably best to get a ground floor room as there is mo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank P
Sue S, General Manager at Inn of Naples, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Frank P,
I really appreciate the fact that even after you received a poor reception you took the time to point out additional positive items. I appologize for the problems you had during registration. I would have to say, as a general rule, our staff is usually much better at making guests feel really welcome. Sorry!