“DONT STAY HERE”

Ranked #57 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, Florida
“DONT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

If this hotel got any good reviews it was from the owner. From the moment you step in its like staying in a third world country. Its better to stay in yor car. The hotel is a place truckers stay for a couple of hours if you know what i mean. Stay next door at the Best Western, I had reserved at the Spinnaker at 10pm after a long drive to Naples and immediately left I am not a picky person, I travel alot for work and this is by far the worst. I went next door to best Western and told them my story and they gave me a discount.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mceperojr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2010

On the advice of a friend, I decided to stay here for a couple weeks until my apartment came through in Naples. Bad idea.! No A/C! A neccessity in Florida, Well, it has A/C, it just doesn't work. There's no one here but I was told there weren't any rooms available. HIRE A MAINTENANCE MAN!!! I'm 5 miles from my job, but this was the closest place. It has a pool, but I wouldn't swim in it unless you like malaria. The showers are "low flow".The pictures they have online must been taken 40 years ago, because it doesn't look like that now.I would have been better off at a state park living in a tent. Also, the entire place is lined with semis blocking the road, I guess it's a popular place to sleep because it's right next to the interstate. Next time, I'll stay at the Best Western a block away. Oh, and good luck finding anyone who speaks English, I guess thats a thing of the past. 0/5 please don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Anonymous34467

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2009

It's an old-style park-in-front-of-your-room motel, although much larger than most of that type. Quite close to the freeway. The room was servicable and reasonably clean. No sign of vermin. There was a refrigerator. The AC worked well, and they had turned it on prior to our arrival (we had reservations).

The bed was bouncy, and too soft. The pillows (one per person) were so thin as to be suggestions. The ice machine required a quarter to operate (!). Definitely a frugal owner.

All in all, very cheap, and fully acceptable for the price. We've stayed in much worse.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
dylan303
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This hotel has impersonated a great hotel that is across the street. When we arrived we were greeted by a hot, sticky lobby, clearly the A/C was not running and a trainee who called their trainer to check us in. Upon checking in we were told the TV doesn't work, but your a/c is on...Uh, okay I guess if you have to live with out one the TV would be the one to go with out. Then we get to the room - Oh, goodness gracious the bed was clean, and the a/c was on, but it was a place where I didn't take my shoes off. The bathroom had an offering of soap (no lotion, shampoo) and the towels, well they were pitiful. Next morning! We rise to take showers and move on (thankfully we only booked one night). Guess what! Turned on the hot water and well it was redder than the Red Sea! And didn't clear. See picture. Upon check out we rang the bell and nothing...five minutes of waiting the maintenance man came in and we showed him - he shrugged and said I will tell the owner. We didn't even see the 'amenities' but I can tell you the grass in their courtyard was at least 2' tall. In any case do not stay here!!! Stay at the place across the street - Port of Islands Resort and Hotel and Marina. It is beautiful, wonderful and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2009

The hotel is located just off I-75 and close to restaurants and shops, but not close to the beach. It's a simple, old-style Florida one-story tourist motel with few amenities but low cost. Hotel was old but room was clean. No internet, no refrigerator and no restaurant at hotel. Plenty of free parking. Air conditioning worked well, plenty of hot water for shower, bed was a bit soft, very basic television.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MisterWombat
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Stayed at this place due to the location to the Everglades. However we regretted it from the moment we stepped into the hotel. There were 2 receptionists at this hotel. One was helpful and friendly whilst the second one was totaly opposite.

The room was dirty and smelt musty and had holes in the walls. Breakfast was coffee and left over muffins with a certain vintage, so we quickly gave that a miss.

However it is a nice building with lots of potential but un desperate need of lots of TLC.

• Liked — location - close to the everglades
  • Disliked — was dirty
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travel-walli