“Nice but not fantastic!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Naples

Fairfield Inn & Suites Naples
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Beaverton, Oregon
“Nice but not fantastic!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

My husband and I stayed for a week in this hotel. It was very nice, I mean the room (tiny but good), the lobby, breakfast service, etc was ok. What we didnt like was the internet connection, and it was because we were having trouble connecting from the room and my husband asked for some help...nobody knew what to say. The front desk girl told her that she couldnt do anything about that and that it was 'weird' that his connection wasnt working at all. Then my husband asked for a spare ethernet cable, because maybe the one in the room wasnt working and she said they didnt have one :S.
Anyway, we also wanted to do some laundry, and we didnt have any change for the machines (dryer and washer) so my husband asked again the same front desk girl, if she can change him some bills for coins...she said no. He asked if he bought something (snacks-sodas) from the them, if he can get any change...she said no. No, no and no...no for everything. So we had to drive to the only gas station for change...that's not nice. I mean, we don't expect to have everything the easyway, but we were asking for a normal service that hotels always provide (even in 1 star hotels!).
The other thing that we didnt like so much is that the only acces to the room is from outside of the hotel...and there's not privacy at all out there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lachifa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

My husband and I got married in November of 2010 and went on our honeymoon the weekend of Thanksgiving. This hotel was in a perfect location for us. Everything we wanted to see (including downtown) was just a short drive away. We did not explore much of the hotel, but the rooms were amazing and the hotel staff was very kind and helpful! The only thing we didn't like was while we were staying there, a basketball tournament was taking place and one of the teams stay in the same hotel and by the time my husband and I were ready to go downstairs and get breakfast, it had been wiped out because of the team.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
The Jersey Shore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

We normally stay at higer end hotels in the area but decided to give this a try because the price was right! Stayed in a one bedroom suite at $110 a night, although it was not super large it was well set up w two televisions (bedroom and living room), a mini fridge and free wifi. This hotel is relatively new - perhaps a year old, all is clean and well maintained but not too many frills (smallest shampoo and conditioner I ever saw and not really enough for two people for one day, towels were scratchy and small, no newspaper under the door, no balconies, no restaurant or room service) not bad, just no frills. Includes breakfast however the same prepackaged limited items everyday so after a few days we just skipped it - they do leave coffee out all day. Also the area where breakfast is served is packed with people trying to microwave, get coffee etc, so you have to have some patience. There is a pool although small and plain. The staff is very friendly, there was always someone at the front desk every time we passed and always gave a nice friendly greeting. The location is right off 75 but a few minutes drive from the action and activities in Naples - it is quiet and was convienent for us. Would stay again as long as the price remains attractive.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelinsomewhere
hunter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

Despite assurances at checkout, the hotel double charged both my credit card (required at check-in) and the Marriott travel/gift card I provided as payment for my two-night stay. The hotel's general manager seems unconcerned that this error occurred -calling it a training issue with the staff- when he finally deigned to return my inquiry about this problem following prompting by Marriott's customer service staff at headquarters. I am not convinced this franchised Fairfield Inn has proper oversight of its staff and appears to function with absentee ownership. Don't try to use your Marriott travel or gift card at this facility unless you are prepared to undertake extravagant monitoring to ensure only proper hotel charges are applied.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank amgHunter
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Great place to be for few days, NIce amenities and very good location in Naples. Less than one minute from I75, easy access to Marco Island and less than five minutes to Rte41.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Cathey's Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

Nice new hotel on the outskirts of town. Just off I-75 but away from all the noise. Very few people on the night I stayed, but I asked for top floor when I reserved and they gave it to me. Friendly person on check-in, very nice and called me by name every time I passed, probably she could remember it since not many other people were there! Everything seemed so new, clean, and fresh. Room was spacious, but the black marble in the bathroom kinda was different. The TV even had many HD channels, hadn't seen that in a hotel before. Bed was soft and comfortable and the AC was quiet and worked well. Not much around the hotel, traffic light getting in and out took forever. Breakfast area was nice and efficiently laid out, but Fairfield has to do something about those soggy Jimmy Dean microwave sandwiches. And extend the breakfast time a little, closing up at 9 seems earlier than most.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ynp-CV
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Nice, clean, almost new hotel (10 months old). The girl at the front desk was very nice and it was a quick, efficient check-in. The room was very clean with a nice, big bathroom. It wasn't a suite, but it was big enough. I prefer having a frig and microwave, but this room did not - but that was okay for just a 1 night stay.

Then wifi was very speedy which is a big plus considering at some hotels it is slow. There was wireless and wired in all the rooms.

Lots of clean, fresh towels and, again, a very spacious, comfortable bathroom. I like it when the bathroom is big with the sink, toilet and shower all in one area (rather than sink outside the toilet and shower). My first shower, the hot water was a little sluggish; but, in the morning it was fine.

This is a great place to stay when visiting Naples or Corkscrew Swamp. It's convenient to I-75, but about 8 or so miles to downtown Naples. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends