“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fish The Salt

Fish The Salt
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Tim Daugherty welcomes angles of all experience levels, children & adults, from the beginner to the seasoned pro. Southwest Florida offers some of the finest backcountry light tackle fishing in the world. The Southwest coast including Estero Bay, Naples, Marco Island, and down through the 10,000 Islands offers some of the finest backcountry light tackle spin & fly fishing in the country. This area lends us pristine bays, mangroves, oyster bars, tidal estuaries, and passes. Our paradise contains miles of shorelines and grass flats attracting some of the best in shallow water fishing. The four most sought after game fish including tarpon, snook, trout, and redfish can be targeted on a year round basis. Backcountry fishing is so popular because it typically offers protected year round calm waters. Whether it's fly fishing the grass flats or sight fishing the white sand beaches and mangroves you are sure to always have an amazing experience out on the water!
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I went on a half day fishing trip with Captain Tim in the morning. The fishing was awesome! We caught probably around 30 fish mostly snook and some sea trout, amberjack, and ladyfish. Captain Tim just seemed to know where to find them. It was a great experience. We will definitely do it again!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank cbf001

Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great fun that made our holiday FANTASTIC !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I tool my boys ages 11, and twins at 10 to fish with Captain Tim. We have visited Naples this time of year for the past four years. My boys have only every fished twice before so were excited to see what the day would bring. On arriving Tim was very welcoming and explained things in a fun way. With captains Tim's help we pulled out a total of 40 fish it was great. We all said that this trip has made our time in Naples the best ever !! We will be coming again next year and cannot wait to fish again with Captain Tim.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michelle Y
Gadsden, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Trip/ Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Captain Tim was great and put us on the fish. Our first stop Captain Tim went over how to fish the area we would be in, and while I know alot about fishing I didn't really know much about saltwater fishing so this was helpful. My wife and I were were catching fish within minutes of casting our first time. We were catching tons of snapper, snook, trout, jack, redfish, and even an occasional mackeral. I just about caught a grand slam at the first spot, if I could have gotten a tarpon I would have accomplished it. Remember we are still at the first spot and the sun is barely coming over the horizon. We caught so many fish before the day was over our arms were sore. I also noticed through the day other captains were calling Tim to find out where the fish were biting. Tim also pointed us to Capri Fish House to have our catch cooked, which was great. Cant wait to go back and try the fly fishing next time.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Malley P
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome fishing experience for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Captain Tim put my family right on the fish. Kids 10 and 14 had an awesome time, and all 4 of us caught lots of fish. Daughter's (10 years old) first time on a fishing trip, and i did not have alot of experience, but Captain Tim managed all four of us like a pro. We will book with him next time we are in Naples. At our request, he gave us several recommendations for restaurants and beaches and was right-on!! Thank you Capt. Tim-- if you are ever in the Gatesville, Texas area-- give us a holler!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mundkowsky
Huntington, West Virginia
“Renewing trust in a fishing charter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Captain Tim was amazing on our trip. My husband had a previous very negative experience with a different guide. Capt. Tim changed all that!! He put him on tons of fish and focused on him having a fantastic time. It was awesome to see the smile on his face from all the "catching"!! Very knowledgeable, friendly, pleasant, and we bet he's envied by all the other captains. Plus, I found a bunch of great shells. Wonderful day- can't wait till next time!! John and Anne Hammack, Huntington, WV

Visited June 2013