“Great Restaurant for our Large Family”

Daniela's restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniela's restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #330 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wiggins Pass Rd.
Description: We serve authentic Northern Italian, Romanian and Hungarian cuisine. We make our own pastas, bread, sauces, marmalade and more from scratch!! Healthy home cooking!“One of Naples’ overlooked gems. Daniela’s makes Great European comfort food at equally excellent prices.– Naples Daily News
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant for our Large Family”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great Restaurant with International Flare! Our large group ordered everything and was so pleased every dish was as amazing as the next. Excellent chef, service, and place to be.

Visited June 2014

Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Two sisters run the restaurant, one in the kitchen and one in front of the house. The menu is very large, indicating the use of frozen food, and the quality is hit or miss. We've had great meals and some average fare as well. The service is not quite up to snuff. Beer and wine bar with "lite" alcoholic beverages.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 798LindaG798
Arlington, Virginia
“Middle Eastern Potpourri”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Finding myself uninterested on a Spring Saturday evening in enduring any of Naples' "destination" restaurants, I decided to try Daniela's. It's located on Naples' northern end in a strip shopping center where US Route 41 (Tamiami Trail) intersects Wiggins Pass Road.

Operated (according to the menu) by a family, Daniela's describes itself as offering Italian, Hungarian, and Romanian cuisine. Based on my first visit there, even dishes the menu categorizes as "Italian" reveal a strong Eastern European influence.

My evening at Daniela's started out somewhat contentiously. Sitting solo at the bar and ordering a glass of Merlot to start, I noticed the bartender reaching inside a refrigerator for a bottle. Pleasantly but firmly I spoke up, "Not chilled." Clearly displeased, the bartender neverfheless silently opened a fresh bottle. That extra effort benefited me with a delicious glass.

Not extraordinarily hungry, I bypassed the menu's numerous tempting appetizers, soups, and salads. Instead I ordered an entree of ravioli stuffed with pumpkin, spinach, and mascarpone cheese. Obviously prepared from scratch, the dish proved succulent without being too large to overwhelm a solo diner. It was wonderfully sauced with a concoction resembling pesto but richer and milder. At $15.00, I'll remember the dish as above average comfort food.

Accompanying my meal was a basket containing three small slices of not particularly flavorful bread. However, the slices proved adequate for dipping in that wonderful sauce accompanying my ravioli and, my only moderate hunger having been sated, I did not require any additional starch.

My server explained that Daniela's normally offers live music Saturday nights, but this particular evening (preceding Easter Sunday) the regularly scheduled musician had a prior commitment.

Daniela's impressed me as a low-key, neighborhood kind of restaurant that works if one overlooks a bit of amateurism. I look forward again to enjoying some of its comfortable home cooking.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank TAARStraveler
Naples, FL
“poor from the moment we walked in the door”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Let me start by saying we have eaten here before and had a decent experience, but tonight was unacceptable. Walked in and asked for a table and immediately waitress had an attitude with if we had a reservation or not. We did not, and were happy to take a table outside. We waited for 10 minutes. Had to ask for water and menus. We waited again for 10 more minutes-- we let hostess know we were ready to order when they were ready. We watched another table get seated outside after us, then same waitress rushed out with a bottle of wine and notepad in hand to take order immediately for these "friends" of the restaurant while we still sat and watched. This was the last straw after waiting 20 minutes. We left. They do not have enough wait staff for the "season" of Naples. We will not be back again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank easy2bkeysey
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Sister Act”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We met Daniela's sister as she was enhancing patio set-up. She encouraged us to return for dinner, knowing we had tight schedule to meet. Daniela greeted and seated us. She turned out to be as charming as her sister. The lasagna was light and absolutely delicious. Sausage and mashed potatoes were designed to meet a man sized appetite. As promised, we were seated, very well fed, and on our way on schedule. We have already recommended this quirkily little place to several friends.

• Visited February 2014