“Good but pricey”

Cross street: Pine Ridge
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had checked the Menu on line prior to arriving and was disappointed to learn that what I wanted to order was on the winter menu. The website menu needs to be updated.

Visited August 2014

Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Healthy Innovative Plant-Based Vegan Extravaganza!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our four course plant based vegan dinner was over the top delish at Waldorf Astoria's "Aura"! The refinement of our food parameters (a whole food plant-based vegan diet without any added oil) did not cause Aura's team of chefs (Chef Jose Rivera and Chef Joshua Marshall) to miss a beat with our lifestyle for eating for nutrient density first and taste a first too:-). Each course was filled with highly concentrated flavors and textures without using a drop of oil, dairy or animal protein. So many tasty memory moments:-) Their creativity and effort made this special occasion memorable and the dining experience was beyond our expectations. Aura's enthusiastic forward thinking culinary approach was a foodie grand slam!!

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the Waldorf Astoria will take this Green Scene challenge in the future to our culinary club...Naples Green Scene Vegan meet-up!!

Cheers to preparing foods for inner twinkle and outer shine!!

Linda Berson
Green Scene Vegan Foodie

• Visited July 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Not what it should be”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Service slow. Décor not up to Waldorf standards which is what you expect. Floors dirty and in horrible condition. Seating limited and is the only main dining room in hotel at this time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WilliamWPB
florida
“How do you destroy pork belly”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Naples for a golf vacation in May and are at this restaurant one evening for a nice romantic dinner. The ambiance is nice and our server was very pleasant, but the food was just really bad. My husband got the filet which tasted like lighter fluid although it was cook ok the taste was just not good at all. I got the scallops and pork belly over risotto with key lime butter. I was so excited, what a let down I don't know how you turn pork belly in to rubber but they did. And there was no hint whatsoever of key lime butter. We also ordered the beef Carpaccio the flavor was not fresh and it was barely two bites. I got the beet salad just no flavor at all bla bla bla. The truffle fries....every 5th or 6th fry had some truffle flavor. If you love fine dinning .....you will not enjoy this restaraunt

Visited May 2014
1 Thank blushingbath
Guelph, Canada
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Reserved for lunch. Arrived and there was no one there. Hostess appeared and said we could sit anywhere. The place is very 'cold' in it's ambience. right beside it is a take out coffee bar and the open bar across from it. We elected to sit at the bar so we could see something in the distance outside.
I am not reviewing Aura except it lacks ambience. Very wide open and impersonal and dark although the decor is cream.
Food at the bar was pretty good. Cocktails pricey. Got splashed by bartender shaking mix of cranberry. She handed me a glass of club soda. I asked what was I supposed to do with that, sprinkle it all over the dozens of dots of cranberry spots? Offered to dry clean, was I to wait 3 hrs for this? Manager gave card to follow up. Felt they should have paid the tab. Weird place.overall the Waldorf is a very pedestrian place. Kids crying, busy with pool guests etc. they should delegate a nice spot for the dining.

• Visited March 2014