“Spectacular!”
Review of The Escalante

The Escalante
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 3 August 2008

This is a beautiful, small boutique hotel at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Third Street. It's a 2 block walk to the beach and a short walk to the shops and restaurants on Fifth Ave. It's quiet, romantic hotel. The accomodations were wonderful, extraordinarily clean and the rooms were a nice size. The rooms are modern/up to date and the shower is fabulous. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that had a lanai that led straight to the pool. This is a great hotel for people who do not like a huge, busy, loud resort. There are only 11 rooms and a small staff which is nice b/c even if it's full to capacity, the pool isn't crowded and the hotel is still quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a romantic weekend. I can't say enough about this hotel - we can't wait to go back! Try eating at Bice and Chops City Grill during your stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Escalante

Reviewed 18 May 2008

My girlfriend and I satyed at the Escalante for a weekend in mid May through one of their web-specials. Bottom line, the place is VERY peaceful, nice rooms, AMZING location. If you want to read more, indulge yourself further.

Pros: Big rooms, privacy, only 10 rooms so pool and jacuzzi always empty and quiet, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION (end of historic downtown 5th ave and 2 blocks from beach), comfy beds, amazing showers, living room and bedrrom and lanai.

This place is PERFECT for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle. It will not satsify those coming from way out of town who expect to be pampered with 100 hotel employess at your beckon every minute. It WILL satisfy your need for peace and quiet, tranquillity, relaxation, quiet, and romantic vacation. This hotel does not have a restaurant or any real ammenities, though it may have a spa package? It is perfectly situated though next to 50 or so restaurants and shops and nightlife so you will be fine to entertain yourself. Good place for a group of friends looking to hang out together and want their privacy, or a romantic getaway. Your not going to find a business center, room service, etc, so don't go there looking for that and then complain. The place is in a tranquil lush tropical garden surroundings, and is very quiet.

I was very happy we booked there, and very happy we got the special May rates. Go enjoy a weekend at the Escalante in Naples.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bman577
Reviewed 23 April 2008

I scoured Expedia to find an exceptional hotel for my two night romantic escape to Naples. I thought I found such a hotel when reading about Hotel Escalente, so I decided to splurge and book two nights for $900. Imagine my dismay when I learned, on the very the evening we were to check in, that they did not have a room for us. I booked my room 5 days prior but no one contacted me to let me know that they had overbooked. Instead, they tried to move me to another hotel that was more than $150 less per night than I was paying and acted like they were doing us a favor. When it became obvious that Hotel Escalante was in a position to profit almost $400 from their own mistake, I decided to fight for a full refund from Expedia.

In the end, it took us over three hours of our very short vacation to sort out the details and make sure I would be refunded for my $900 Expedia reservation, and we still didn’t have a place to stay at 9pm on a Sunday evening.

No reputable hotel would ever seek to profit from a patron’s inconvenience.

5  Thank SusanWBoston
Anna K, Public Relations Manager at The Escalante, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for visiting The Escalante and thank you for taking
the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of
our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

We would like to inform you that we are under new ownership
as of January, 1st 2013. Providing our guests with
the highest hospitality service is our mission. A multitude of
amenities are included in our resort fee which is listed on our
website under Rates and Reservation pages. WiFi is available
for our guests convenience around the hotel property and in each hotel
room. We also offer a fully operational Spa and heated pool.
Spa services are available and our new Asian inspired-with a French
flair restaurant, Veranda E is now open for dinner-we do serve wine,
beer and champagne. In the morning we serve Continental Breakfast.
We hope to see you again in the near future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 28 March 2008

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Hotel Escalante very much. Our room consisted of a bedroom, a living room and a small patio.
Everything was spotless clean. The stuff very friendly and helpful.
The location is great, a little walk to the beach and a little walk to the cafés and restaurants;. I can fully recommend this nice little hotel.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 March 2008

Stayed three nights at the Escalante. Very lovely place. Rooms are surrounding a beautifully maintained pool area. Staff was very attentive & available for any of our requests. Fantastic location! Walking to the beach was less than two blocks away. Hotel gave us beach towels & chairs to use. Walking down to sidewalk cafe dining spots were just minutes from the hotel. We rented a car but wound up only using it to go to a couple of spring training games. When in Naples, walking to Campiello's for lunch, any of the 5 Ave. restaurants for dinner, or sunbathing at the beach, no car necessary.

Breakfast was simple but fresh. Bagels, pastries, lots of freshly squeezed OJ & fresh blueberries, strawberries, etc... all displayed at their intimate restaurant. Espresso available, too. Lots of tables set up pool side with white linens for guests to enjoy breakfast al fresco. Starbuck's was nearby on 5th Ave, too.

Afternoons, there were always a couple of open bottles of wine displayed for us to enjoy by the pool or jacuzzi after a day at the beach.

Staff is small but always seemed visible to take any request we might have needed. Viro, the valet/porter, used to work at the Ritz Golf resort in town & was uber-professional & accommodating... and around from breakfast until night.

Did not try the spa. Our room was the traditional room. Small but fine for a couple. Bedding, linens... excellent. One of the best showers you'll experience. No bath tub in our room. Hotel is very quiet day or night.

A beautiful place to spend a vacation.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank elsal
Reviewed 11 March 2008

As we were in Miami for a business trip we decided to tag a few days on to see the Gulf of Mexico. We saw the Escalante on an internet site & thought it looked fabulous but we were concerned about some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. We decided to take a chance & were so pleased that we did - when you drive into the entrance you are confronted by a beautiful, red-brick courtyard with a tree-lined "roundabout" which is lit up at night. It has a very Mediterranean feel to it. The pool area is also brick-paved, with sun-beds (complete with towels) & a great spa-pool. We had a closed-in patio, which was v. private & our room was large, with a fabulously powerful shower. The breakfasts were also fine. The Escalante is in a very quiet position, but conveniently placed for everything - it's 2 blocks from the beach (the hotel will lend you chairs to take) & easy walking distance to all of the shops & restaurants on 5th Avenue & 3rd Street. My only gripe was the noisy air-conditioning.

Reviewed 6 October 2007

I am very sorry to say that my daughter and her finacee were going to have their wedding at this hotel. Their website shows all kinds of pictures of wedding places but when asked about having the ceremony at them we were told "that place is only for the condominium owners". Well okay, that's all fine and wonderful but then why were these places on the website and not told they arent for the public? The owners wife was supposed to call us in August to make further plans as we were planning on buying the entire hotel out for the event, week before and days after, but we have never heard from her and its October. My daughter called and called and left messages and, nothing. She was very disappointed but we have recently put a deposit down on another place. I am glad becasue they wanted the ceremony site to be held in the driveway....that's right. I just want to get the word out that if you are looking at this hotel to hold a wedding, think again. Its a lot of headache and I guess their phones dont call out... Please understand I did not get a chance to stay at this hotel. I cannot post however without a date.

Stayed: August 2007