“Worst expierence ever.”
Review of Seashell Motel

Seashell Motel
Ranked #54 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My boyfriend, my one year old, and I are easy going, fun, and young and thought even though it was a cheap motel since it had good reviews and was close to the beach why not. But I will never be staying at this hotel again. I've also never reviewed a hotel before and I'm still actually here. It was that crappy. Our shower had hot and cold water so I took cold showers mixed with scorching hot spurts it was on and off the whole time. The three doors in our room didn't shut properly we had to push it a few times for it to fully shut. There were dryer sheets in the bed when they made it so I'm not sure if they actually washed them or just stuff them with dryer sheets. There was a lizard in our tom when we came in. The worst part was we were by the pool and I guess a family was staying in the rooms next to is while we were in the middle no joke these cruel human beings were slamming their doors screaming at each other knocking on our door lighting fireworks at 1am, like I said I have a one year old. I was not happy AT ALL. So I will not be staying there ever again. I will be going back to Gulfcoast Inn down the street when I come back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Blakeisthebest

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This motel has a great location. There are many good things about this place first the floors are of tile so it is clean. The rooms are spacious and the bed sheets are not seem that they use ones that one would use ate home. You can walk to fifth street or to the beach. For the money it
cant be beat. There is a gas bbq that can be used on the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank cazu247
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Very cheap motel, booked through booking.com and had some confusion with the address as it took us to Bonita Springs! So we got lost!

The room reminded me of a log cabin and the beds were tiny! We politely asked for internet on the booking but we were put in room 17 with no internet access meaning we had to go sit in the reception area :(

The bathroom was very shabby and could do with a refurbishment, but for the excellent price it was all we needed!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Pixbon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you love "old Florida" motels then you'll love this one! We stayed Memorial Day Weekend. Fancy its not, but it is in a perfect location - right on Route 41, 5 blocks from 5th Avenue South stores and dining, 1 mile from the beach, 1 hour from Sanibel, 30 minutes from Fort Myers and Marco Island. It was clean and a great value! We stayed in room #8 and the wifi worked perfect. The only cons were the flatscreen TV is a bit small for the room size and bring your own shampoo and conditioner as none is provided.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-11 supposedly are the only ones that get wifi. I had room #8 and it worked just fine. Othe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for. If you want wifi in your room then ask for rooms 1-11. If you have any other room you will have to go and sit it the 'lanai' off the main road to use it. The rooms we're clean and the bed was big. The best thing about the motel is the location. It's about 5-10 walk to the start of 5th Ave and a 5 min drive to the beach. There are no coffee making facilities which we've had in other motels but there is a fridge and small microwave. Starbucks is just across the road.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs overlooking the pool to start with. It had no wifi and was a bit nasty, the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This motel is walking distance from the Historic District of Naples, pleasant, clean room, free wifi, laundry facilities, and under $70 a night. No coffee making facilities, but it's just across the street from Starbucks. A great find in such an expensive town. Recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Chimchimmeny
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are looking for a good value within walking distance of downtown Naples - this is it. This is an older unit (our dock lock broke and had to be replaced it was so old) with very basic service and a small pool. Beach was about 8 blocks west and the downtown area was 4 blocks south of the motel.

Room Tip: Get a room as far back off the main street as possible - on the west side
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple