We were looking forward to our 4-night stay at the Doubletree in Naples, and weren't disappointed. Factor in the lower August rates and we had a great stay for the money. The staff is some of the best people we've encountered in our travels. They go out of their way for everything, top notch.
My first piece of advice is spend a little extra and get one of the wrap around suites overlooking the river. Our suite was fantastic. The wrap around balcony was huge with 6 chairs and 2 tables. So big that you could have a small party out there. We were also impressed at the size of the bathroom. I like that there are two entrances into the bathroom. The suite had two newer LG HD TV's, but no HD channels. The king bed was comfortable and every night was quiet. Did I mention clean? The cleaning staff kept us fully stocked with everything.
There are quite a few perks with staying here:
-Nice coffee bar that's complimentary any time of the day in the lobby
-For the room, very tasty Wolfgang Puck single coffee servings
-In room refrigerator
-Parking that's close to the front door
-Nice pool area
-Very efficient small fitness center. The two EFX machines and two treadmills were brand new, each with their own TV monitor. Assorted dumbbells and medicine balls.
-Superb chocolate chip cookies every day of our stay
-Beach access is a short ride (Wiggins Park and Vanderbilt Beach both close)
The whole facility is very well maintained. When we were there the building was getting pressure washed. The curbs around the parking lot were getting painted. Sometimes things like this go unnoticed.
We had the buffet breakfast during one of our mornings for $9.95 a person. Very filling as they have many choices including eggs anyway you want them. The other mornings we just had cereal in the room. Bought a box at the store, kept milk in the fridge and borrowed a bowl from downstairs. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but there are only serving the breakfast buffet during the summer. However, the bar is open throughout the day. Another restaurant, Charlie Chiang's is connected to the hotel.
I put two things in their suggestion box. First, HD channels would be nice on those LG TV's. I'm sure they are working on it, I never did ask. Probably because we were having too much fun. Second, it would have been convenient to have some type of complimentary continental breakfast for those looking for something quick and light. Again, these are more suggestions, rather than complaints.
Overall, great experience, highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Cocohatchee River and Nature Preserve, just two miles from the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, the award-winning Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples offers 101 one-bedroom suites, two restaurants, riverside heated pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet Access and 2,300 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Naples Hotel Naples
- Doubletree Hotel Naples
- Doubletree Naples
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Naples Florida