We stayed at the Doubletree Naples for 4 nights at the end of November, mainly due to the excellent reviews we had read on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed.
It is at the Bonita Beach end of Naples so a few miles outside the city and the location would be our only criticism if you especially wanted to spend your time in Naples itself. Saying that, if you have a car a few minutes drive will find you at the pier, on 5th Avenue or dining at Tin City.
From the minute we arrived, we understood why this hotel is number one on the Tripadvisor website. We booked a great rate on the internet ($104 plus tax including breakfast) only a few minutes before arriving at the hotel and were greeted by RobinJill Hochmeyer. She immediately offered us an upgrade to a pool view room with balcony and gave us loads of information about the hotel and the surrounding area.
In a country known for its excellent service, RobinJill is outstanding. We could not have wished for a better welcome and we set off to find our room delighted we had chosen this hotel and with the added bonus of a yummy cookie in hand!!
Our room (No.320) was very nice. Bright and spacious with a sitting area, separate bedroom with King bed and a beautiful bathroom - large and well appointed. The living area had a door onto a large balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the pool and river. All in all, we thought it was excellent value for the price and as with other hotels in the Hilton chain, we found we always got a better deal by booking on the internet.
The hotel provided free internet, 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby and a gym. The pool area was very nice, but the weather was a little cold so we didn't get to use it.
We booked a bed and breakfast package and the breakfast was excellent. We were served fruit, yoghurts, cereals, juice, waffles, pastries and breads as well as a hot buffet of potatoes, corn beef hash, sausage, bacon and eggs cooked to order. It was of an excellent quality and all washed down with a large pot of coffee - by far the best breakfast we had during our holiday.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree Naples and without exception, every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful - they have definitely got it right so if you are in the area, give it a go.
To RobinJill and the rest of the staff, many thanks and hope to see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Cocohatchee River and Nature Preserve, just two miles from the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, the award-winning Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples offers 101 one-bedroom suites, two restaurants, riverside heated pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet Access and 2,300 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Naples Hotel Naples
- Doubletree Hotel Naples
- Doubletree Naples
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Naples Florida