“Great hotel in great area”
Review of Hilton Naples

Hilton Naples
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greensboro,NC
“Great hotel in great area”
Reviewed 3 October 2007

Stopped for the night traveling between Miami and North Port.

The Hotel - What a nice place in a very upscale area. A low rise hotel at 5 stories blends in to the ambiance of the area. The grounds are well manicured and the pool is small but nice. The lobby is classy without being over-the-top. Service was excellent. Hallways, elevators all looked new or just kept in great shape. Exercise room looked efficient.
There is a Shula’s Steak House off the lobby that is very upscale but did not dine here. The Executive Lounge is better than most I have seen at Hilton. Starbucks and drinks readily available.

The rooms – very nice, clean and large. Bed is extremely comfortable. Climate control worked great. Bathroom clean but not flashy. The TV was standard. Refridgerator in room. Room looks new or at least recently renovated.

Parking is free, as was the wireless internet.

The beach is several miles away but if you are looking to stay in an upscale, restaurant rich part of SW Florida, this is a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank PeterFNYNC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 2 October 2007

The pool area is beautiful. There is also a very nice exersize room and a great Don Shula's steakhouse on the premises. You can walk or ride a bike to the beach. Great! The only fault I found was with the soundproofing though the doors as you walk down the halls. You can hear everything, and I mean everything going on in the other rooms. Not something you want your kids to hear, if you know what I mean.

Stayed February 2003
Brussels
Reviewed 19 September 2007

I have to say: this was a great experience!

Everything in this hotel was quality. From the front desk till the rooms.

Room was nice, clean and good sized. And had internet access. Be sure to check out the pool, it's a beauty! The beds are spacious and comfy. I had a very good sleep.

Also the hotel is located just on the tamiami trail, so you can go easy to the everglades or if you want to do some shopping, eating there are enough opportunities in the area.

Be sure to visit naples town, beach and the pier, also very close located to the hotel.

One miner problem: the curtains can't be closed, but maybe this was just a problem in ower room.

My compliments to the staff!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Problems with curtains
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
New York Metro Area
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Normally when visiting family in Naples, I stay at The Ritz Carlton Golf Resort. It is close to my relatives and offers a typically first class Ritz experience. Recently, however, I opted to save $100 a night off of the Ritz's rate and try a stay at the Naples Hilton on Route 41. I am glad I did.

The hotel is a lovely building located in an easy-to-find convenient location several miles north of Downtown Naples. Although I decided to park my rental car myself, free valet parking is available. The front desk staff was friendly and able to accommodate my early (10:00 am) arrival at the property.

I opted to pay a bit more to stay on the Executive floor, and I was happy with my decision. The access-card-only floor features free soft drinks and Starbucks coffee all day (or as long as the refrigerator remains stocked). A free continental breakfast is available from 7:00-10:00 am and there are free light appetizers (hot and cold) available from 5:00-8:00 pm. There are also cocktails available in the evening for a nominal charge and on an honor system. This is great for executives and families alike. As a matter of fact, most of the people on the floor appeared to be with families--I was staying over a week-end in August.

The room itself was as promised--a non-smoking King bed in a nicely appointed clean room with nice sheets, towels and amenities. Other appointments include free high-speed wireless internet access, a refrigerator (but no mini-bar), i-pod compatible alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. Although not decorated to my particular tastes, everything was clean, and in good operating condition.

The only restaurant at the hotel is Shula's, a high-end chain steakhouse. While its reputation is excellent, I opted to walk across the street to the Outback Steakhouse for more affordable fare. I wasn't disappointed.

The fitness room and business center are as you would expect at such a hotel--good enough for what you need to do. There are no spa services that I was aware of.

The pool and hot tub outside were very nice, although I had to wait for fresh towels to appear on both days of my stay. There is no bars service, so if you're looking for a frosty blender drink, you'll need to go to the bar at Shula's. They are happy to put your beverage in a pool-appropriate plastic cup.

All in all, the Naples Hilton was a pleasant surprise. I will definitely return. Give it a try.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — lack of affordable restaurants/cafe
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank Vikingstad
Seneca Falls, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2007

This was our first time in Naples and the Hilton was a great choice and priced fairly for the quality. The room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom, and the lobby and grounds were lovely. Plentiful parking both out front and in a covered garage. The "beach break" is wonderful -- they give you beach chairs, towels, and a cooler full of ice and bottled water, for free. The best is the pool area, though... a waterfall built into both the pool and the hot tub provide a relaxing atmosphere and enough noise to drown out your fellow poolgoers, and a fragrant flowering bush separates the Hilton from the adjacent property. Just lovely!

• Liked — Gorgeou pool area
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank labocachiquita
Moriches, NY
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Stayed at the Naples Hilton on June 21st for just one night, so sorry we didn't book for more. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was extremely clean and the furnishings were very nice. The bed was quite comfortable and my husband and I had a great nights sleep. We were on the 4th floor which had some wonderful perks, continental breakfast included, soft drinks also.

We did not go to the Shula's Steakhouse but were sorry we didn't because the smell was very enticing. We were told about the complimentary shuttle to the beach, cooler with water, etc. we did not make it to the beach.

There was plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area as well as the zoo, museums and sights.

We stayed here on our way to Marco Island, I was so sorry I did not stay here longer than one night.

This hotel is wonderful for couples, singles and families.

• Liked — Location and how clean the hotel/rooms were.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shoelaces3
springfield, mo
Reviewed 12 June 2007

05/10/07...I do not recommend this hotel at all. Checked in for 5 days and checked out in 1 day. The people were rude. So unimpressed with everything. The pool is very small. The view looks like a dump. Not kidding. Took bike to beach and then we had to walk the rest of the way which was like a 2 mile hike. Don't do this in flip flops. We thought we would never get there. The front dest does not tell you this bit of information. The beach was not all that. We checked out the next morning. We checked into the Naples Beach & Golf Club. We had a great time. Absolutely loved our room & the beach was awesome. I called the Hilton when I got home to report the check-in guy who was so rude. They did send me a letter stating they were sorry. All I can say is that... I will never stay at that Hilton again. Not worth it.
Susan

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Location / staff
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family