“Hidden Gem - details in review”
Review of Hilton Naples

Hilton Naples
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Location:
About 5 miles north of the downtown Naples district. A half mile east of the beach. One block south of the Waterside Shops (Nordstrom, Apple store, Saks Fifth Avenue....you get the picture).

Room:
Average size room, above average in terms of quietness - especially the heating/cooling system, new carpet, extremely clean.

Bed:
The only weakness in the room - I found the beds too soft. The bedding was excellent, though.

Tech:
40" flatscreen TV with ~ 50 channels, incl. HBO, wireless internet was fast, and there was no charge for HH Gold and Diamond members.

Bathroom:
Very clean, a bit dark, but an excellent shower with a rainshower-type head and the highest water pressure I've ever seen. No low-flow showers here.

Pool:
Immaculate pool area - didn't really use it much, but it was very nice, including jacuzzi.

Fitness:
Fitness area was the only hotel weakness. Four treadmills, and a single universal-type weight area. Not a good setup when people are waiting for equipment.

Perks:
This is where this Hilton really excels. There was no charge for parking. I really get pissed when I spend > $200 a night for a room and have to fork over another $20 or more a night for parking. Although not on the beach, this hotel was a short 15 minute walk to the Clam Pass Beach Head. Better yet, the hotel provides complimentary beach chairs, towels, umbrellas and water, all in a nice little backpack kit that you can take to the beach daily. There's a shuttle, but ditch it and enjoy the beautiful walk.

Restaurant:
Shula's restaurant was great for breakfast each day. Complimentary full breakfast menu for two for HH gold and diamond members. All of the servers were friendly, but Debbie was especially nice. Nice selection of pastries, egg dishes, fruit plates, etc.

Executive Lounge:
Complimentary for HH Gold and Diamond members. Other than the ones I've been to internationally, this one was tops in the US. Open all day. Continental breakfast in the morning, snacks and cookies, soda and water all day long, hot appetizers, cheese plate, veggies, wine, beer and liquor in the evenings. They do charge for booze :(

Other than alcoholic drinks in the executive lounge, once I paid for the room, everything else was included - internet, beach stuff, water, breakfast, snacks, parking - I love that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank BoulderAreaTraveler
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for the very accurate, well rounded breakdown of your experience at the Hilton Naples Hotel. I loved that you were able to enjoy all the extra amenities we provide for our guests. Although our on-site fitness center sports brand new equipment, we do have a limited amount for our guests. To help keep our guests in their fitness routines while away from home, we have partnered with a full service fitness center located about 3 miles from the hotel. All Hilton Honors members and non-Hilton Honors members are welcome to use both facilities.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Not the fanciest, but fancy enough. It has all the amenities you need like good coffee in your room, free towels, beach chairs & water along with the shuttle to the beach (a half mile away). Fantastic, friendly service. Tasteful decoration, extremely nice lobby and great price. I accompanied my husband on a business trip (he had meetings in the hotel and area). I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the locale.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank BostonDiscerner

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the Hilton Naples Hotel. We think of our hotel atmosphere as casual elegance and I liked your description of "Fancy Enough". So glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

It seems that this hotel is more oriented to the business traveler, but it was a great value with close proximity to everything. It is not on the beach, but they make it easy to get to the beach providing everything you will need. The pool is nothing spectacular, but it is functional. The service was great, the staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MATravelerBOS
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. Naples is such a beautiful place for both business & leisure vacationers that we provide wonderful amenities for both types of travelers to enjoy. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary beach package which includes shuttle service to the beautiful Naples beaches, beach chairs, towels and a small cooler packed with bottled water and ice. I appreciate your comments on our staff's performance and have shared your compliments with them.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Selected hotel on trip advisor, booked STD room with one of two upgrade options, stay was 6th to 13th Dec. When we arrived the computer system was down and although I did not complain Hilton had no record of my upgrade requests and we were given executive level access! Our room was on the 2nd floor with a view over the pool area and the next door garden centre. The access to exec level provided Starbucks coffee free flow, breakfast and evening canapés. The room was a twin which for us was not ideal, next time a double. The hotel staff were warm and welcoming and when help was required were avery attentive. We used the free bicycles provided by the hotel and this allowed us to roam around Naples which was a highlight of the trip. One main problem with the cycles was that there were no hand brakes only pedal brakes which were not as responsive, which I discovered during my final day of use! Going to the beach was great the hotel provided beach transfers, towels and Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
Naples was an area where we felt like we were residents, we felt like we belonged. The drivers were courteous to us on our cycles, while walking and on our Segway tour. People would say good morning, enter into conversation and were generally friendly. The city was neat and tidy in the areas we visited with an abundance of colour in gardens and public areas, a brilliant winter break from a cold and dark Scotland in December!

Room Tip: Pool views at south and west hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gerry M

What a wonderful testament to my adopted city of Naples and my home away from home at the Hilton Naples hotel! I'm thrilled to hear how you enjoyed our city and it sounds like you took advantage of the warm weather and wonderful tours. The Segway tour is a great way to explore downtown and the complimentary bicycles at the hotel offer a fabulous alternative to seeing the area up close. We do hope you plan for another escape from the cold and come back to visit us at the Hilton Naples!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I took a 4 day getaway to the Hilton Naples Florida, Feb 4th, looking for warmth and sunshine and a relaxing short break.
I am a HHonors Gold member and we were upgraded to The Executive Floor. This proved to be very important to contributing to the quality of our stay.Room was standard with Coffee Maker, Fridge.
Positives: Hotel well situated and provides free transport shuttle and beach chairs towels/water to Clam Pass Beach, a lovely sandy beach not overly crowded. Check In was smooth and helpful. Physical environment , rated as Hilton Category 5. Nothing special but comfortable. Had a nice outdoor pool and hot tub, though we did not use it.
Naples itself laid back with nice restaurants and we enjoyed walking on The Naples Pier and watching Dolphins close to shore.
Negatives:Beds were not comfortable, the Mattress cover was pilled and I could feel it through the sheets. Needs to be upgraded.
Shula's restaurant for Breakfast was aweful. Mid week,Arrived about 9am no hostess to seat us and then after a wait, seated and served with a third of a cup of coffee. I commented I would appreciate some from a fresh pot as this was all that remained. The waiter did not get it at all!! Had a simple 2 eggs, potatoes and Toast, arrived absolutely COLD the toast was curled and hard. The waiter asked if everything was ok!!!We said definitely not and left to eat a continental Breakfast in Executive Lounge. Having access to the lounge with Breakfast and evening snacks proved to make our stay in the Hotel a pleasant one.
I would definitely recommend this hotel just not the restaurant.

Room Tip: A Room on The 4th Floor close to The Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmutgi

Although I am thankful that you enjoyed your stay and the staff at the hotel, I am concerned with your overall experience at the restaurant. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and am glad the continental breakfast provided an alternative. I have shared your comments about breakfast and we will use the comments to provide further training. We absolutely strive to nourish and exceed expectations for each guest and am sorry we did not meet these needs for you. Please let me know when you come back and I will ensure a quality experience in all aspects of your stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed four nights at the beginning of January at the Hilton with my 70 year-old parents. The hotel was absolutely great in every way. Nice, airy gym with lots of natural light, a good size outdoor pool, and the most friendly front desk staff.

We stayed in a suite, which was a real suite with two separate big rooms, a bathroom and a big separate toilet in the second room. Therefore no need to pass through the other room to the toilet at night...

As we were staying in the suite we could have complimentary breakfast and "aperitivo" in the executive lounge. This was excellent!!! throughout the day you could pass by for drinks, coffee etc. The parking and wireless internet are free as well.

One of the best steak restaurant's in the US is downstairs, my parents had dinner there one evening. They were happy with the food, but said that the service was a bit overwhelming.

All in all I find nothing bad to say about the hotel, it was the perfect end to a two week road-trip in Florida. I would return any day!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank FinnishMexican

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I am proud that the Hilton Naples helped create wonderful memories for you and your parents. We certainly would love to welcome you back next time you come to vacation in Florida.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

For a winter getaway, my husband and I spent Feb. 5-9th flying on Allegiant Airlines, with a package. We got hotel, car, and the HILTON of Naples, for a super price. Hear about this package, and get one!
We got a 2nd floor room, 2 dbl. beds, frig, coffeemaker, LG largescreen TV, free internet, free business center, free BREAKFAST at SHULAs steakhouse: Continental breakfast which included pastries, muffin, cheese, a large boat of fruit, coffee and your choice of fruit juice. Also included was the van to the beach nearby, 1/2 mile away. It went 3 times a day and picked up 3 times.
It took you to Clam Bay Park, beside the Waldorf Astoria hotel. You could see turtles and small alligators in a pond as you waited for your golf cart complimentary ride to the beach. OH......the hotel also provided a Tommy Bahama chair for the beach, with towel and cooler, plus a cold bottle of water.........all you needed was the SUN!
(and sunsreen).......at the beach you could order from the sandwich and burger place on the beach. Tables were there to eat, as well as restroom facilities. Also, a tiki hut shop was set up to sell beach toys, snorkles, etc. The staff at the hotel was exemplary. They could never do enough to help you, no matter how tired you looked. I cut my knee and they were so kind to find alcohol, antibiotic cream and a nice bandage for me. I did not pack such, and it was just an accident that could have been prevented by myself. Also, free use of bicycles were available with some helmets, and these were used by several people at the hotel who wanted to bike to the park. Even a lock was provided for safety of the bike. Shulas, the great pool and spa, the exercise room, business room, and housekeeping made this wonderful fun-filled vacation, less than 10 minutes from downtown Naples or the dock where you could find great seafood restaurants. Also, PEPE's pizza was a nearby enjoyment. CVS was right across the street and Publix grocery store was nearby, which we used for picnic items such as fruit. Randy's Fish House, The Boathouse, and The Docks were 3 other great highlights of our trip. Hilton Naples is a very beautiful hotel with great amenities!

Room Tip: Our room on the south side overlooked the pool, spa, and a large nursery. Ask for the second floor...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LeeTB53

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hilton Naples Hotel! Glad we were able to contribute to you having an awesome vacation getaway. We would love to welcome you back!