“Peaceful place with hard mattresses”
Review of Hilton Naples

Hilton Naples
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Pros

Complementary breakfast.
Quiet and peaceful place.
Nice rooms.

Cons

Too expensive for what it is.
Far from the beach. The shuttles could run more often, at least every hour.
The hotel really needs to invest on mattresses, we tried in two rooms and the mattresses were really hard.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Havanaguy

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This is my first time ever reviewing any Hotel, however as a Diamond member with HHonors i have stayed at many Hilton and this was an awful trip. I took the family (2 small boys) to Naples for the weekend thinking we could have a weekend away. Seeing that is the only hilton in Naples and had good reviews i decided to give it a try. So first mistake here is that this is NOT a family friendly hotel. If your there on business and just need a place to sleep it would work but here is what went wrong. First, it is very small hotel with virtually no family amenities. Upon check-in i was put in an Executive suite which you would think that would mean "nice" but it is the same size as a regular room with the same stuff no special treatment. I asked if I could be "downgraded" to any room that was at all larger and had found out that the only larger rooms are the suites with all only have one bed. So, then lets at least take advantage of the lounge area where you can have something lite in the evening. The food in the lounge was horrible, dry and not at all appetizing, along with some cheese and crackers..and the alcohol in there is not free either, that you have to pour yourself(which if you have to pay for it could be good or bad) So for us the lounge was a joke and breakfast there was not going to be used because we had a voucher for breakfast at Shulas steakhouse (the only place there). So every night starting in the evening the place is completely packed with convention events that take place right in the lobby, tons of people, lots of noise, and no parking spots left. Which is why they offer complementary valet, but when you have two small kids with you its not a safety benefit at all and it was uncomfortable. First night over, next morning breakfast at Shulas, soon as I brought out the voucher, the servers (spoke semi-broken English) attitude changed and then disappeared for the rest of the time after taking our order, i had to go to the hostess twice to ask for things. Then when she brings the bill she charged me for the kids when the front desk told me kids were free. I said " i was told kids were free" she says" hold on" comes back and says "I just asked my manager and he said that kids are not free here" I started to say something and then she cuts me off again " I can ask him again, but this is Shula, not other small restaurant" So annoyed, i said no problem, i will just charge it to the room and then settle it with the front desk later. She walks away and mutters something in another language. I pay it and go the front desk, tell her and she says it will be taken off the bill once it comes in. OK, so another packed convention, go out to eat, have to valet coming back. Forget the lounge and go to bed. Next morning, the invoice under the door says that I was charged for breakfast.....trip to front desk same girl is there, I politely say please look into this, and she looks at me like I'm bothering her......as if she just would have did what she said she was going to do in the first place......man I wish I could have my 70k points back i spent there. We were so over the hotel we left and went home early. Very disappointing Hilton..

Room Tip: If you have kids don't go here
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank merg357
Niccole N, Director of Sales at Hilton Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your unsatisfactory stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not 100% happy with your time spent here. Our guest service manager is reaching out to you directly to rectify the situation in a manner I'm sure you will find suitable.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The hotel is architecurally attractive and immaculately clean. However, except for the Don Shula steak house inside, there is no restaurant, bar, or other place to eat or drink. The clerk who checked me in ran through something fast about somewhere to go out the back door, down the yellow brick road, etc, but I was not interested in going off property after having driven in. The hotel was nice, as one would expect a Hilton to be, but not worth $300 a night. I had a conference for the next three days at the Waldorf nearby, and when I had made the reservations there, they were booked the first night and had automatically transferred me to this Hilton. Was my faulty for thinking as a Hilton Honors member they would be looking out for my best interests. Would have been much happier in a nearby Hampton Inn for the first night. Even if I was returning to Naples for vacation, there is nothing special about this hotel. You have to take a shuttle to get to the beach, there are no views out the windows. Its just overpriced. I was very dissapointed

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lala52844

I apologize that you are disappointed with how the Waldorf handled your reservation to attend the conference being held there. I am also sorry you were asked to relocate to our hotel and as such the entire experience did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you found our hotel to be comfortable and clean. It is true that we have Shula’s Steak House Restaurant on property to provide our guests with breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also have a Concierge Lounge located on the Executive Level that offers a continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres for our guests who care to upgrade their room. I appreciate your honesty and hope you at least enjoyed the rest of your conference.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

"My stay at the Naples Hilton was beyond my expectations, from my arrival to the time I left , I had nothing to worry about, the staff was very professional and friendly, The receptionist Diane and Shauna were very helpful in making my stay in the hotel a pleasant one and I was not disappointed,I also would like to thank their valet Walter and a special thanks to Carta and Clarrissa for a nice dinning experience every morning for breakfast and lunch. The rooms are very clean, beds a comfortable and pool and exercise room were just what I needed, can't wait to visit here again soon, and share with my friends and family."

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MauriceJ2
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel. I was worried because its not on the beach but the location worked out very well. They have a shuttle that drives you directly to the beach, plus they supply you with chairs, water, and towels. Excellent! Pool is nice although a little small. They have an outdoor basketball court as well which we made use of daily! Also, several bikes to use -- so glad we stayed here!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SMplus3
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Naples Hilton, was better thanI expected. Price cannot be beat, Every Hilton employee very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to another stay.
conveinant location to restarants, I-75 and of cource the beaches.

Room Tip: pool veiw, higher floors of cource overall bigger and better veiw
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cheryl l
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a dozen times in the past two years for business. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and the free valet parking is a plus after a long exhausting day.

I agree that it is near impossible to get "cold" in one of their rooms.... the a/c doesn't seem to really keep up, but this isn't specific to the Hilton Naples. I've stayed at the doubletree, the residence inn, and waldorf astoria in Naples and none of them have the ability to get very cool. I'm sure this is something set by maintenance to prevent the a/c from being set below a certain number in order to save power and $$. Given that you can't get truly "cooled down" in any of the hotels in the area, this hotel is definitely my favorite.

THe restuarant attached is AMAZING.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the concierge floor, they have excellent appetizers and snacks in the eveni...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business