“Two words- Customer service !”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently enjoyed a 4 night stay at the Naples golf resort.

From the moment we arrived we knew that we were going to have a great experience, the bellmen were amazing, check in took 5 minutes and we enjoyed a complementary glass of champagne on our way to our room.

The rooms were very nice, the only complaint we had was the lighting in the living area of the suite was too dark and there were no adjustments which made it impossible to read. Housekeeping was great, and for the first time ever we received a thank you note after leaving our daily gratuity on the pillow.

Our favorite area were the fire pits over looking the golf course, the first night we had dinner sitting around the fire and returned nightly for a drink.

The pool area was nice but I'm not sure the heat was working, it was defiantly too cold to spend time in the water and other guests were making the same comment.

Our package came with breakfast which was fine, the only issue we had was I ordered a waffle and it never came, every time I would ask the waiter he would rudely say "a few more minutes" finally after 30 minutes we had to get going and the manager brought out the waffle which I declined and explained that the waffle maker was not working properly, this would have not been a big deal at all, I could have ordered anything but she did not give me that option and let us continue to wait.

The last thing was when we were on the way to the airport, I realized I left my phone in the room, I called hotel security, they got my phone and the GM, Derrick was kind enough to bring it to me at the airport! Now that is custom service at the highest level!

We will defiantly return this spring!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2013

To start, this is one of two Ritz Carlton's in Naples. This one is part of Tiburon golf community and is, overall, a wonderful property. It is connected to the other Ritz Carlton on the beach by a bus service, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. We spent an week and enjoyed ourselves very much. For the most part staff were excellent and the service was, for the most part exemplary. There were a few hiccups. We arrived late in the afternoon and ate at the hotel's pool restaurant. We ordered some fish sandwiches and found the fish to be old and not up to the standards we associate with a Ritz. On the other hand, the breakfasts we ate at the beach location were excellent. We would advise bypassing the restaurant at Tiburon and enjoy the food at the beach.

With one exception, the staff and service were exceptional. The one exception was a bartender who was either too harried or perhaps too focused on who would pay the best tips to provide the level of service expected. I sat at the bar and order a glass of wine and she actually started to pour it when a table of several gentlemen ordered beer. Rather than finish and serve me, she stopped, and focused on filling their order. When she finished that task, she seemed to have forgotten me and instead of serving me, she started to put up glass ware. I just shook my head and left. That aside, the staff and service was subpurd.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This resort is everything you would expect from a Ritz Carlton property. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. The service is outstanding, every employee we have had contact with during our stay has been professional, extremely friendly and more than helpful. Rooms are very clean and comfortable - meets all the expectations of a Ritz.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stay at the Ritz Tiburon for a night or two every eight weeks or so, often with other family members, visiting my grandmother who resides in an assisted living facility nearby.

The Ritz Tiburon is the sort of high quality establishment you’d expect from the Ritz Carlton brand – rooms are well-designed and clean, facilities are high quality and in good repair - but as with most places, it’s the people who make the difference. Starting with the valet staff, who make a special effort to greet and chat with my 94-year-old grandmother each time she visits, to the restaurant staff who we have come to know over several years, to the front desk and concierge staff who are always helpful and attentive – I really can’t say enough nice things about the people here.

Most recently, I spent a couple days here over Thanksgiving, enjoying the Lemonia restaurant Thanksgiving dinner buffet along with my mother and grandmother. We really had a wonderful time – the buffet was excellent and the staff couldn’t have been nicer or more accommodating.

I stay at a fair number of hotels each year, some quite a bit pricier than the Tiburon, but I can’t think of any that provide a more consistently satisfying experience.

Room Tip: A tip on packages - the Ritz/Tiburon website often offers packages including valet parking, wifi, br...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just stayed at the The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida with our friends and the experience was not close to what you would expect from Ritz Carlton, 100 year of tradition.
To make a long story short, customer service skills are gone and making the customers happy is not the motto of the hotel at all. The facility is beautiful, the rooms were nice and clean, but the service was terrible.
On Saturday night, we went to walk around the property, we had our glasses with wine from the room and decided to sit down in the lobby to listen to the 3 people band playing there. We were the only audience to listen and cheer to the band. Few minutes later, the food and beverage supervisor reprimanded us that we are not supposed to bring our drinks. He treated us completely not welcomed even though there was nobody else in the lounge/lobby. The common sense is gone also as well as empowerment for the employees in this establishment.
To top things off, the day we were leaving, the cafe downstairs served us cold coffee/cappuccino. Totally unacceptable!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank iwonarmus
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Perfectly run. Very nice people. Well appointed common areas and beautifully furnished rooms. We checked in late and were give a suite, since they were sold out. Stayed there to attend a golf tournament. Nothing better than walking out of the hotel into the golf course. The course looked at best ok to play. But nothing special. Lots of traffic notice.
Only complaint, for this much money it is just cheesy to charge for the in room wifi.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Upon arriving I was delighted with the beautiful entrance and lobby' I was cordially greeted and was delighted to learn that I had been upgraded to a balcony suite. The room was very spacious and lovely.

I was disappointed to learn that their main restaurant was not open for dinner during my stay, so I opted for a late lunch. While my lunch was tasty. the menu choices were limited. Breakfast and service were excellent at their Luminere Restaurant, but since it was not open for dinner, the following day, I made reservations for dinner at The Grill Restaurant at the Ritz Naples Beach. Dinner there was outstanding. Hourly run complimentary shuttle service was provided; however after completing dinner, I was five minutes late for the shuttle. Rather than wait for 55 minutes I paid $15 for my ride to my hotel.

Since lunch menu choices were small at my hotel, I once again shuttled to the beach hotel Gulf side restaurant, where by comparison the menu choices were plentiful delicious, and the service was attentive. I rushed through lunch and di manage to catch my return shuttle without a lengthy wait.

The pool setting which was surrounded by palm trees, was spoiled by brown spouts around the drains and was very unappealing, so I chose not to enter the water. In addition the tropical view was spoiled by what appeared to be a near by grandstand.

All in all, it made my stay there disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo