“On Game”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
“On Game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is very well run resort hotel that makes your stay an epic treat. Staff is right on the spot to help in any way possible. The valet teams sprint to get your cars, the front desk team always wants to help and turn down service is always completed.

The rooms are well maintained despite the age of the facility. Food was very good and the service in the bar outstanding. My room on the top floor of the hotel faced the golf course. Great view.

Third time I've stayed here and favor it over the Ritz on the beach. Less crowded and more of a relaxed pace. If you want to go the beach the hotel has a shuttle that will take you to the other property.

These folks just really have their act together and it shows!

Room Tip: Get a higher room facing the golf course.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at this property for a weekend to visit my friends for a surprise birthday party.
At the last minute, my husband could not make the trip, so I traveled alone. I enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the property. The staff were all welcoming and extremely helpful, making me feel like I was truly welcomed. The property is pristine clean and the rooms are well appropriated. The beds were so comfortable and the room was so quiet, I slept like a baby. The pool was beautiful and I was lucky enough to have good weather the entire weekend. I was able to take a shuttle to the Ritz Beach Resort from the Golf Resort and enjoy the beach, beachside restaurant and pool area. This was a big plus being able to use the amenities at the
Beach Resort and stay at the Golf Resort (it was a lot less expensive but still with the same Ritz quality and service). This is my place to stay when I visit my friends in Naples, at least until I retire there.
Do not hesitate to book a room at the Ritz Golf Resort. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I traveled to Naples for a long weekend away. The hotel was wonderful from the moment we checked in, until the moment we left. The property itself was beautiful, but it was the service that made the experience fantastic.

Every single staff member we encountered, from the valets, front desk, pool staff, golf shop, housekeeping, waiters and waitresses, could not have been better. I am not easy to please when I am on vacation - I expect a lot, and this place delivered.

The only negative, which was not the fault of the hotel - is that I didn't love the location. It seemed that we were frequently driving back and forth to downtown and other areas for restaurants and shopping, but if you want to stay closer to the hotel, that is an option.

We also made use of the beach resort one day, and that was wonderful as well. If you are looking for a scene, this is not the place for you. If you want a quiet and beautiful place to relax, you will be pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently enjoyed a 4 night stay at the Naples golf resort.

From the moment we arrived we knew that we were going to have a great experience, the bellmen were amazing, check in took 5 minutes and we enjoyed a complementary glass of champagne on our way to our room.

The rooms were very nice, the only complaint we had was the lighting in the living area of the suite was too dark and there were no adjustments which made it impossible to read. Housekeeping was great, and for the first time ever we received a thank you note after leaving our daily gratuity on the pillow.

Our favorite area were the fire pits over looking the golf course, the first night we had dinner sitting around the fire and returned nightly for a drink.

The pool area was nice but I'm not sure the heat was working, it was defiantly too cold to spend time in the water and other guests were making the same comment.

Our package came with breakfast which was fine, the only issue we had was I ordered a waffle and it never came, every time I would ask the waiter he would rudely say "a few more minutes" finally after 30 minutes we had to get going and the manager brought out the waffle which I declined and explained that the waffle maker was not working properly, this would have not been a big deal at all, I could have ordered anything but she did not give me that option and let us continue to wait.

The last thing was when we were on the way to the airport, I realized I left my phone in the room, I called hotel security, they got my phone and the GM, Derrick was kind enough to bring it to me at the airport! Now that is custom service at the highest level!

We will defiantly return this spring!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

To start, this is one of two Ritz Carlton's in Naples. This one is part of Tiburon golf community and is, overall, a wonderful property. It is connected to the other Ritz Carlton on the beach by a bus service, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. We spent an week and enjoyed ourselves very much. For the most part staff were excellent and the service was, for the most part exemplary. There were a few hiccups. We arrived late in the afternoon and ate at the hotel's pool restaurant. We ordered some fish sandwiches and found the fish to be old and not up to the standards we associate with a Ritz. On the other hand, the breakfasts we ate at the beach location were excellent. We would advise bypassing the restaurant at Tiburon and enjoy the food at the beach.

With one exception, the staff and service were exceptional. The one exception was a bartender who was either too harried or perhaps too focused on who would pay the best tips to provide the level of service expected. I sat at the bar and order a glass of wine and she actually started to pour it when a table of several gentlemen ordered beer. Rather than finish and serve me, she stopped, and focused on filling their order. When she finished that task, she seemed to have forgotten me and instead of serving me, she started to put up glass ware. I just shook my head and left. That aside, the staff and service was subpurd.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

This resort is everything you would expect from a Ritz Carlton property. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. The service is outstanding, every employee we have had contact with during our stay has been professional, extremely friendly and more than helpful. Rooms are very clean and comfortable - meets all the expectations of a Ritz.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stay at the Ritz Tiburon for a night or two every eight weeks or so, often with other family members, visiting my grandmother who resides in an assisted living facility nearby.

The Ritz Tiburon is the sort of high quality establishment you’d expect from the Ritz Carlton brand – rooms are well-designed and clean, facilities are high quality and in good repair - but as with most places, it’s the people who make the difference. Starting with the valet staff, who make a special effort to greet and chat with my 94-year-old grandmother each time she visits, to the restaurant staff who we have come to know over several years, to the front desk and concierge staff who are always helpful and attentive – I really can’t say enough nice things about the people here.

Most recently, I spent a couple days here over Thanksgiving, enjoying the Lemonia restaurant Thanksgiving dinner buffet along with my mother and grandmother. We really had a wonderful time – the buffet was excellent and the staff couldn’t have been nicer or more accommodating.

I stay at a fair number of hotels each year, some quite a bit pricier than the Tiburon, but I can’t think of any that provide a more consistently satisfying experience.

Room Tip: A tip on packages - the Ritz/Tiburon website often offers packages including valet parking, wifi, br...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family