“Fabulous resort, golf or not”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Westchester, NY
“Fabulous resort, golf or not”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to this glorious resort. The golf package is amazing - room, golf with complimentary clubs and shoes. Our room was spacious and modern, even nicer than at the recently renovated Beach Resort. More economical to stay at the golf resort and take the shuttle back and forth to the beach if you want to save some money and still enjoy a top notch vacation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcia523
RCGOLFNAPLES, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Marcia523,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. We are glad that you enjoyed our golf package. On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.
Best regards, Marcus A. Loevenforst Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
philadelphia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in late April. We were upgraded to a pool view room with a great view. The service was excellent from the minute we walked in. Front desk, pool staff, wait staff were all great. My husband played both courses and had a great time. We went to the beach Ritz for drinks and apps one night and that facility is amazing. It was very easy to take the shuttle that runs on the half hour. The golf resort is much quieter which we prefer. There are taxis that are always ready, but they charge A LOT more than regular taxis. We took a taxi from the airport to the Golf Resort and it was $54. To go from the resort back to the airport was $75....we were not happy with this. Other than the Taxi fees it was great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ShannenPhiladelphia,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. We are glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities that The Ritz-Carlton Resorts of Naples has to offer! On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Within seconds the Valet Service is in your trunk, check in the same, very professional but not cold.From Valet, Bell Boy, Roomservice Barkeeper and Restaurant staff forBreakfast and Dinner, here is the world more than ok, everybody likes to treat you as a VIP, and so was the Breakfast Bufett, and the excellent Meal in the evening.Grounds are in very good shape, so the pool.We are non Golfers but I think this is one of the best Naples Golf Courses, too.The place to be

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear axel34467,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. We are so pleased that you mentioned the genuine care and comfort provided by our staff. On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.
NJ
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in March and enjoyed my stay. The hotel was a little dark for my taste, prefer bright airy lobbies, but it was still a nice place to stay. What stands out best about this resort is the service. From the front desk, to the valet, to the restaurant staff, to housekeeping, all were extremely accommodating and welcoming. The restaurant staff at Lemonia were so friendly and welcoming, you felt right at home. The food here was good, but the breakfast buffet was average (boring) for the price. The decor at this hotel is definitely suited to men, especially those who golf, as it had a dark brown, clubby decor, and the rooms had stand alone showers with no place to shave your legs (!) but the very large rooms were gorgeous with a nice airy formal decor , with gorgeous large bathrooms and amazing comfortable beds. You also can use the Ritz Naples Beach resort facilities which is about a 20 min drive, or you can use the free shuttle. A nice perk!

Room Tip: Cheaper than staying at the Ritz Beach resort, but you can still use the facilities there as well...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
RCGOLFNAPLES, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear traveloverNj,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. Thank you, also, for acknowledging our staff and the service that they provide! On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.
long island
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at hotel for a business conference and was more than disappointed. Found the decor to be heavy and a bit dated. Everything from the light fixtures to the fact that I could not find an outlet to easily plug in my phone seemed rather home depot . The bedding was excellent and the bathroom was lux but everything else seemed a bit cheapish. Had to call to have my room cleaned -they forgot to do it, asked for wake up call 2 days in a row and never received one. Asked to have products replenished in bathroom and they never were. Room was never cleaned properly. Was unable to get into my room because they made a mistake and said i had checked out when i had not. I complained to the front desk and never received a call from the manager or any real attempt to improve my stay. The manger did send up a bag with some body cream and soap but was a cheap and bad attempt without a call to apologize. One hand does not seem to know what the other is doing at the front desk. Had a fax sent to the hotel and the guy at the desk ,Sean promised the sender that it would be delivered to my room -never was.Not at all what i would expect from the ritz carlton. IF YOU ARE USED TO GREAT SERVICE AND LUXURYTHIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU-STAFF DOES NOT SEEM TO GET IT.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank hautec
RCGOLFNAPLES, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, which we certainly take seriously! Comments like this allow us to evaluate our services and facilities in order to strive for the highest standards expected. Your feedback will be shared with all concerned ladies and gentlemen and we will follow up with the same. We hope you accept our sincerest apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Executive Office. The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples are hoping to be able to welcome you back to our property.

Best regards,
Marcus A. Loevenforst
Hotel Manager
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for a business conference and have to say that this hotel was easily one of the best I have ever stayed in!

I should have realised I was in for a treat when I was talking to a guy on the plane down from New York, he asked me if I was staying in one of the high rise hotels and I said I didn't know, it was just some place called the Ritz-Carlton? At which point he looked at me, followed by a pregnant pause and then a "thats the best hotel in town". He was certainly impressed by my name dropping! :)

On arrival you drive up an immaculate drive way to an imposing reception that is sumptuous and impressive but best of all, the staff are just so damned happy and helpful!

Check in took all of 2 minutes and then we were shown to our room which was MASSIVE! The room was spotless but the bathroom, oh the bathroom! It was marble covered heaven! Everything about the bathroom screamed class, from the toiletries to one of the best showers Ive ever experienced! There was also a good selection of teas and coffees in the room and a very nice view from the balcony.

The bed in the room is easily one of the best I have ever slept in and the pillows were the best Ive ever slept on!! I find that when Im away from home I can get a really sore back on some things that pass for beds. But not here! This bed was simply awesome!

The facilities at the hotel were also first rate. The pool was lovely and the staff that fluttered around were attentive and always helpful and they certainly made one feel at home. The golf resort fitness centre met our needs for a quick work out but the beach front property has a much bigger fitness centre if you wanted to go full hardcore! There are also pool tables by the bar area and you can get your table tennis on by the pool as well...plus, I guess, if you were so inclined there was also a fully kitted out games room with WiU, PS3's, X Box 360, Wi and also a cool movie theatre (for dvd's).

The food we were served was just outstanding! I especially loved the crab chowder, it was a bowl of creamy chunky crabby love that I found myself going back for seconds, and thirds and I would have kept going back if I didn't have to hurry up and get a move on back to my conference!

We also went over to the beach property and I would suggest that if you wanted to have a quiet break away with the wife, girlfriend or mistress then stick to the golf resort side. The beach property seemed a lot more "busy" and had a lot more screaming babies and happy playing kids!

Being a non-American Im always a little iffy about tipping people so it was a relief to be advised that tipping was not expected here! Saying that though one feels only too happy to provide a tip because the staff are just so helpful and cheerful.

The hotel impressive! It is worth its five stars so if you want a break away that you will never forget then this place is easily worth what ever it is you would end up paying!

The highlight for me was dinner on the beach as the sun set, which is something I will never forget! I can't recommend this hotel enough. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: ALL the rooms rock!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mailmannz
Dear mailmannz,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future. Best regards, Marcus A. Loevenforst Hotel Manager
toronto
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Everything here from the moment you arrive is up to Ritz standard. The rooms were wonderfully comfortable, filled with amenities, great bathroom and wonderful bed and bedding. The staff were there to try to fulfill whatever you wanted. We were part of the Club level, which was an oasis of calm, wonderful service and great food offerings throughout the day. Although, at first it looks costly, it is well worth it. The Tiburon Ritz is less expensive than staying at the sister property on the beach but it is much more restful and if you are a golfer, it is heaven but you are not on the beach. Part of the deal is that you can make full use of the shuttle to the Ritz beach and use the facilities there. Beware of the outrageous prices for beach and umbrellas charged guests from both hotels. I have stayed in this hotel four times before and would never stay at the beach Ritz, it is far too noisy and busy for me. There is no spa here but a great work out room, however you van have a facial or a massage. i had a facial and it was superb. have only two negative things to say about the hotel. Firstly, if you are not Club Level, the hotel charges guests $12 for self parking and secondly this was the first time the Ritz Golf resort was full to capacity, so the pool was extremely busy and on two days, if you got to the pool after 10.30 there was a shortage of lounge chairs. The poolside restaurant is excellent and one can order food pool side. Outside of that, the hotel is truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Pool side view, you do not want to be facing the entrance or parking.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank exploraToronto
Dear exploraToronto,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. On behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.