“Beautiful Hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 12 September 2007

Beautiful hotel with fantastic service. On arrival we were upgraded, which was a great start.

Hotel was under occupied as it was out of season, but this made the day times by the pool great as it was so quet. It got busier towards the end of our week as it was a holiday weekend, but it was nice not to rattle around the hotel and hear some laughter after it having been so quiet!!!

Having never been to Florida, other than Disneyland as a child, we weren't prepared for how sprawling Naples was. So a car was compulsory.

We drove to Everglade city, it took little over an hour and was a worthwhile trip.

We only ate at the hotel at lunch times, which was reasonable at about $16 for a (HUGE) chicken wrap with fries/chips/salad, which we often shared. However there are plenty of places to eat at any time of the day nearby...Yabba is recommended (5th Avenue).

Drinks were expensive at the Hotel, which we expected, but was a shame as we'd definitely made better use of the bar had it been slightly cheaper ($14/glass red wine). We did notice a lot of people bringing their own food and drinks into the hotel through the reception area, so I assume the Hotel don't mind this happening!!

One shock on checking out was that we'd used the Hotel phone to make an International Call (our mobiles woudn't work for some reason) and 8 minutes of call cost...............$70!!!!...lesson learned!

One final comment is that we were glad after spending a day at the Beach Resort, that we'd stayed at the Golf, far quieter, more relaxing and in our opinion and better hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2007

I booked online for Labor Day weekend. $169/night for three nights which included a $100 resort credit to be used on food, etc.

The facilities were beautiful as was the room. It was decorated in a very traditional way that may appeal to older people.

The front desk, concierge, and wait staff were all excellent and helpful.

We were in an adjoining room and did catch some noise from the room next door but it wasn't too bad. Also the sink in the bathroom made intermittent noise at night as did the air conditioning unit. These were minor annoyances.

There is twice daily housekeeping service which is nice if you come back to your room for an afternoon break and then go back out for dinner.

We used the pool at the golf resort which was very nice and much less crowded than the one at the beach resort.

We took the shuttle to the beach resort which is also beautiful and spent a day on the beach. There is a $25/day charge to rent an umbrella which is pretty much mandatory when the sun is very strong.

We ate room service twice, and once at the oceanfront restaurant at the beach resort. The prices are about two times what you would expect to pay at a regular restaurant. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive and nice. The food seemed to us to be ordinary American food, nothing spectacular.

If you have a car there are a variety of chain restaurants around, if not you'll mostly be relegated to the on-site dining options.

Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend this hotel to people looking for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank norotek1
Reviewed 27 August 2007

We stayed a week in Aug.07. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. Rooms are nicely furnished. Free self parking is available and its a very short walk. You really need a car as there is nothing around that is walking distance. There is a great water park a short driving distance away. Good for all ages, even adults. There is a free Ritz to Ritz shuttle every 30 min (always on time) to their sister beach resort. See my separate review for that resort.

Pool - large, clean and not crowded. Food and service at the pool were both excellent. There is only a small part that is shallow for small children. Deepest part is about 5 ft. There were a mix of families and older couples. Much more quiet than the beach resort. On the weekend, there was a guitar player playing soft music. Nice touch.

Housekeeping - exceptional. Any minor issues were quickly resolved. Our first night we noticed the down comforter had a reddish brown stain/smudge on it and it was quickly replaced. Always had plenty of towels. Very clean bathroom. Our first night turndown service came at 5:30 pm. Way too early for us. We asked for a little later and it was taken care of.

Fitness center - my husbands went everyday and said it was pretty good. Also very clean. If you have a later flight and want shower up before you head home, there are lockers and showers located in the fitness center. One large shower and bathroom for men and one for women. They are large enough to bring your children with you. The lockers are a little small, but you can fit an overnight bag in them. The facility has everything you might need. Shampoo, soap, razors, combs, toothbrushes, hair spray.

The not so perfect --- We arrived early (12noon). I had called the week before to confirm our rooms and that it was our 24th wedding anniversary . I requested an early check-in and connecting rooms. We booked 2 rooms, one for us and one for our children. The man at the front desk was very business-like, not too friendly or welcoming. No mention of our anniversary. Ok, there will probably be a card or something in the room. The rooms were ready. They weren't connecting, they were 4 doors away. I certainly didn't want my children 4 doors away. I asked about connecting rooms or something a little closer. He said yes, but only one room was ready. I could wait or he said I could upgrade for $400 more and those rooms were ready. I declined the upgrade and decided to wait. It appeared to be a real bother for him. I got this gut feeling that somehow he was going to punish me for this. He said he would call my cell when the other connecting room was ready. We got to the room (no anniversary card or mention) and my son opened the connecting door and sure enough it was ready. I waited until 6pm and no call from the front desk. I went there and asked about it. The same gentleman said it just that second became available. Sure. I thought, ok, minor. Move on. Still no mention of anniversary. The next day I asked another person at the front desk if the anniversary was noted on my reservation. Yes it was. She would take care of it. Third day, no mention, same story. I decided one last time to ask the front desk about it. They were sorry and would take care of it. That night in our room there was a small plate of 4 pieces of fancy candy left for us. I guess 2 for each of us.

As some previous reviewers stated----maybe they move their top front desk personnel to other properties in the off season. Many of the other staff members are just exceptional, from housekeeping to the gal in the gift shop.

We spent more time at the beach resort as there was more to do there. They have a teen center from 5pm - 10pm, movie nights at the pool, and generally more action. And more people. It was nice to come back to the quietness of the golf resort. You really can't compare them. A whole different ball game.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank boysrus
Reviewed 21 August 2007

We went away with 2 other couples for a weekend at the Ritz golf resort in Naples. One of the couples remarked that Ritz patrons are like a cult. And from some stand points I guess thats true. We're willing to pay extra to have a better experience. By a better experience, I mean having a bigger room, nicer ammenities in the room and a far better customer service experience. Every member's of the Ritz's staff is simply exceptional at what they do. At other resorts you might expect the pool boy to be some flunky or a kid working for some extra cash, the Ritz has people at the pool, beach, valet stand, bag drop who are happy to be doing their job, who know that people value what they do, people who will interact with you at a meaningful level. At every turn, at this Ritz and any other Ritz we've been to, we have encountered the highest standards of aggressive effort.

We liked the intimacy of the Golf Resort over the Beach Resort. We found the the Beach Resort to be too crowded with too much going on at the same time. There is a free shuttle between the 2 resorts every 30 minutes and it takes about 15 minutes door to door. All of both resorts ammenities are available to guests of either resort. You can charge anything to your room at either resort. Viewing sunset from the Beach Resorts bar is not to be missed.

It would have been easy for the starter at the golf course to have just given me directions from the bag drop at the club house to the hotel at the end of my round, but instead he gave me lift in his cart and chatted with me about my game. The concierge could have just told us that the restaraunts in downtown Naples were X, Y and Z, instead she had menu's and she knew that our group was celebrating a couple of meaningful events, so she made sure the restaraunt she booked for us was going to treat us like VIPs. We didn't have to make any special reservations or arraingements, the guy at the pool knew we were coming down the next morning and he set us up with the best spot around the pool and had the umbrellas positioned perfectly for our group, simply because he remembered that we said we were coming down early the day before. I just have not experienced this consistancy, depth or breadth of service at any other resort.

The rooms and suites were far more spacious than other comparable rooms at other hotels. The high thread count bedding and down pillow top is nice, but other hotels are catching up, but than again so are their prices. The Bulgari toiletries are extremely nice and generously parceled out. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable work space, sitting areas and marble bathrooms. The rooms are stocked with a coffee/tea selection that rivals many restaraunts and a coffee maker along with anything else you need to make the perfect cup of tea, including bottled water. Evening turn down service is standard chocolates and water left at the bed side.

The bar is extremely well stocked. And by well stocked, I mean well stocked. There are healthy selections of jsut about every kind of liquor you could think of. Macallan 1946 and Millenium are definatly the best bottles on the bar. The sitting area outside the bar is excellent for an evening cocktail & cigar or sitting in the afternoon watching groups come up 18 on the Gold course @ Tiburon. The pool side grill has small selection of sandwiches and salads which are available there or at your chasie by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank psuross
Reviewed 9 August 2007

The golf resort is a great place for those who wish to relax, sit by the pool , or play golf. My husband and I are not golfers but wanted a quiet and intimate place to stay. This resort is a lot quieter than the Ritz beach resort. We ate at Lemonia and the service and food was wonderful.

Go to the spa at the Ritz beach resort. The decor is lovely and grand. We had a great day of treatments and just relaxing at the spa.

To be honest, we didn't care for vacationing in Naples too much. The area is lovely but just wasn't for us. We're in our late 20's. Regardless, I would recommend staying here because the hotel staff is very friendly. The atmosphere is quiet. More so than their sister property at the beach resort.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Atl-Lily
Reviewed 6 August 2007

This "golf" resort was a great property; very new and much more intimate than the Naples Beach resort. The pool was great, the rooms were great, and the food was great. The shuttle to the beach resort was quite handy, and a great way to enjoy the amenities there without having to deal with the crowds. With that said, I think you either love the Beach Resort or the Golf Resort -- so best to sort that out before you book. The Beach Resort is huge and very traditional (old world) Ritz-Carlton decor; the Golf resort is smaller and newer.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank hlrubin
Reviewed 29 July 2007

Stayed at hotel week of July 23, 2007. Can not say enough good things about the hotel. The service is first class as is the hotel and rooms. Golf course is excellent and we took advantage of the golf specials. Golf resort more laid back than beach club, but had full use of the beach club and its ammenities. The staff is unbeleivable and I would recommend the Ritz to everyone. The food is great and the staff perfect. I stayed with my wife and 3 children and everyone had a great time. The golf resort lacked teen programs but we were able to find things to do in the Naples area.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family