“Wonderful stay, wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Wonderful stay, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I selected this hotel for a one-night stay for a traveling group based on its high environmental rating, but quickly realized that it was an exceptional choice all around. The rooms were luxurious and had full kitchens. The common areas were spacious and elegant. There was a complimentary hot breakfast, a complimentary cocktail hour, and a beautiful pool. But the highlight was meeting the staff - from Michelle who helped me to book the trip and handle the logistics of a group of nine with diverse needs, to Kate who put together extremely thoughtful goody bags for the group, to Tami who helped me trouble-shoot last minute challenges with a smile. I felt like I had an entire team on my side! You will not be disappointed if you select this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Amy F
TDWhite, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Amy,

I love to hear that you selected us for being a good environmental steward and was delighted that my associates took such wonderful care of you. If there is anything more that Ican do for you on your next trip to Naples please let me know.

Tom White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights, arriving on May 22 and checking out on May 25. We don't usually stay with this hotel chain, but since we couldn't find Country Inn & Suites nearby, we took a chance. The property is easy to get to and has some beautiful grounds, both in front and in the back. However, we noticed some disturbing signs upon entering. First, the doors do not open automatically. This makes it a two-person effort to get luggage on the cart into the lobby. Checking in was fine, but we were told there was only one elevator; normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but our suite was a long walk from where the elevator let us off---about as far from the elevator as you could get. The room itself appeared to be roomy enough, but we soon noticed that the bathroom was filthy. There were hairs visible on the floor and on the tub! And, to make matters worse, the toilet was not working properly. Add to that a slow-draining sink, and we called the desk to complain. We were attended to promptly, and offered an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite at no extra charge. We accepted this offer, and moved in to a much cleaner and nicer room. One added benefit to this hotel was the mid-week nightly free wine, beer, soda and hot hors d'oeuvres. We didn't particularly care for the hot food, but it was popular, and the wine was a nice touch. The hotel is an easy access to I-75 and to all points in Naples. The staff was pleasant and accommodating, but all-in-all we would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John A
TDWhite, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our grounds. I do hope that you'll give us another chance and stay with us on your next trip to Naples. If you decide to stay with us in the future and would like help with your luggage please call us before you arrive and we will make every effort to assist you with your luggage when you arrive. When making your next reservation if you would like to be near the elevator or on the first floor please let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you. We normally receive rave reviews on our housekeeping so I was surprised to see that you had such an unfortunate experience. Rest assured I spoke with our Executive Housekeeper, Inspector and the housekeeper that cleaned your room and let them know what you encountered and reminded them how we need to be diligent in our cleaning. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and do feel that this was isolated incidence.
west atlantic city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

spacious rooms and great time. pool was nice. i personally loved the room and the area around it. will be back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. We look forward to seeing you when you. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive remark
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked through EXPEDIA and stayed at Hawhorn Suites in Naples on May 2nd and checked out May 3rd. I traveled 9 hours and arrived exhausted. I was told the entire hotel water was going to be shut off at 8 am on May 3rd for about 4 to 5 hours!!!!. I was really upset because my plan was to sleep in because I had to work late and then drive another 9 hours the next day. I had to get up extra early so I can shower and brush my teeth.

Nothing was mentioned on the website of EXPEDIA stating water shut off nor did EXPEDIA bother contacting me. I have requested some compensation for this and EXPEDIA said they would not compensate me, but they would get with the hotel for compensation. It has been almost two weeks and I have not heard anything!!!! This really bothers me that EXPEDIA does not follow up with a courtsey email or call!!! I will never Book through EXPEDIA Again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Beach S
TDWhite, Owner at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I am sorry to hear that you did not get a good nights sleep when you stayed with us. The night before you arrived we noticed a leak in a pipe on the first floor. Our plumber informed us that the leak could not be repaired until the next day and that it should be fixed as soon as possible to prevent water damage. The plumber informed us that in order to fix the problem all the water would have to be drained out of the pipes. We then scheduled our plumber to come back out the next morning and drain the water out of the lines so it could be replaced. I hope that you’ll stay with us the next time that you are in Naples so you will be able to see that this was an isolated incidence.

Sincerly,
Tom White
General Manager and Managing Partner
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We had three adults and three shildren staying with us. The room had plenty space for all of us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Upon arriving to the hotel note that it is set back off the highway between 2 restaurants(Hooters and an Italian place). If you are not really looking or are in the far lane you will miss it! It is quite far from the beach. We picked it due to the location we needed during this trip, fair rate and our usual hotel was booked. Front entrance features push-pull double doors, not automatic ones and at various times I seen many people, including elderly, struggling to get their luggage or huge bell carts through these doors which was definitely a challenge. There is only 1 slow elevator at the property. As we entered our 2nd floor, 2 bedroom suite it smelled fresh and looked clean. Dining area featured a table with 4 chairs off the fully equipped kitchen. There were 3 closets and the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The couch was very uncomfortable with a rough type fabric and one of the lights in the sitting area didn't work. TV reception wasn't great but we didn't go for TV time. Bathroom was not as clean as I prefer (saw some hair upon arrival on the floor) and needs some major upgrading. Separate sink area had nice vanity counter space but obnoxious fluorescent lighting.

Settling down for night 1 was an absolute nightmare. AC unit was turned on after putting the baby down in master bedroom. Unit is located in master bedroom closet type area and the noise coming from it made it literally impossible to use. We realized that the windows opened and settled for that. Only to hear clinging and clashing of washing plates from the restaurant in front of the hotel all night. Our windows were located directly behind restaurants back door.UGH!!! After laying down again, master bedroom toilet ran loudly, needed to keep the door closed all night. Once again laying down 5 minutes later the ice maker in the freezer started making some crazy sound! Needless to say I needed a set of earplugs to sleep a wink in this place!

I asked maid for towel service only on the second day, which was not done when we returned later in the day. I needed to call twice after that to have towels exchanged. Phone rang at 10pm that night with no one on the other end! What is going on here?

Third day our key card would not let us in the exterior building doors. We had to walk to front entrance to front desk and they said it was not programmed correctly at check in. So it had to be done again for the rest of our stay. UGH!!

Pool area is nice and the kids enjoyed it. Plenty of lounge chairs. Basketball was located at front desk as were the pool towels. The woman at front desk was not very good about giving us extra pool towels. With kids you always need extra towels. Fitness center looked great though we didn't use it. There are bathrooms located outside near the pool area which was definitely a plus with the little ones. Other guests around the pool area were friendly and seemed to enjoy watching my kids have a good time!

Breakfast area was very small. Different hot choices every day. Lady that was tending to breakfast was always refilling promptly and seemed friendly. Food was not great. We ate 2 days in the bar area because there was no tables open and it was too chilly to eat outside. We did not attend happy hour.

We are frequent visitors to the Naples area and most likely will not be back to
the Hawthorn.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Butterfly0729
kctnaples, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
I apologize you experienced so many problems during your stay. I am sorry the Air conditioner was too loud, we would have been glad to move you to a different room had you asked so you could sleep with the windows open. I will definitely speak with housekeeping about your towel service and bathroom issues. I would be glad to speak with you at any time directly my direct number is 239-593-2408 or you can email me at kevin@hawthornnaples.com. If there is anything I can do for you please contact me. Kevin J Short hotel Manager
Dexter, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have stayed here for the past 7 years. We love it. The same people are working there and they make us feel like part of their family. It is a wonderful place to spend 2 or 3 months in the winter.
We will return this comming year and so will some of the friends we have met there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John L
kctnaples, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
John L thank you very much for your kind words we will share them with the entire staff. I can honestly say it is a pleasure to see you every year. Please keep in touch and we hope to see you again in 2013. Kevin Short Hotel Manager