“Happy customer”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NAPLES
“Happy customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I had received my room at a great discount with a Groupon, yet I still had a great room with great service. Most places treat you less than par if you use discounts, but I was very happily not. Our room was clean and the staff was happy to help with any needs we had.
We enjoyed a king size suite with a full kitchen and a huge flat screen tv. We played on the putting green for a bit. They also had a pool, basketball half court and even a grill out back. My son and I had a relaxing night way from home and will most likely be back for another. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

TDWhite, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear General Manager,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt that you could highly recomend us. I like to hear that because to me it means that you enjoyed your stay. I too hope you will be back.

Tom White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

My boyfriend and I just came back home this past weekend from a mini vacation in Naples, FL. I purchased a two-night stay via a deal from Groupon. We stayed in a studio room and we both equally enjoyed our stay. Please note that I am not a picky traveler; all I usually want in a hotel is a good, clean bed to sleep on, stay in a safe area and even look for a hotel with friendly staff. Hawthorn Suites of Naples fulfilled all of these and more. The hotel is just a few miles from the beach (check out Naples Pier sometime during your stay, trust me!), historic downtown, shopping mall and just a few steps away you have restaurants and a shopping plaza.

I really liked the fact that they had a kitchen, (with stove, fridge, microwave) AND dishwasher. This amenity is great for families, people who are on business for a few days, and couples who want to save a little by eating in. On our second night we actually decided to stay 'home' to eat dinner, and we were able to make a wonderful dinner on the two burners they provided. The room includes pots, pans, knives, a cutting board, cups and silverware. The cooking utensils are very cheap at best but we were able to get the job done. They also give you a one-use packet of dish washer detergent or if you rather use just the sink then dish soap and scrubby sponge.

Our studio also had a flat screen TV and DVD player. The front desk had DVDs for rent and the selection is family-friendly.. The bathroom was clean and the toiletries were replaced every day (although if you are traveling with more than one person I recommend to bring your own shampoo as they are quiet small). The bed was very comfy with the right (for us) combo of firm and soft. If you opt to have your room cleaned, the ones who clean the room are very thorough; they never touched our personal items, but the room was almost as clean as when we first checked in.

They have a gym that carries your basic equipment, not very large but then again not a lot of people visited it either. The pool is spacious and is heated at night, they also have a Jacuzzi with working jets which are great at relaxing tired muscles and such. Towels are provided to guests.

They do have a complimentary continental breakfast everyday. They have a good selection; cereals, eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes or waffles depending on the day. Also juice, coffee and tea, chocolate and regular milk cartons. Again great for families with children.

One thing I noticed is that the hotel seemed pretty understaffed. Although I was only there for two days, I would always see only one person at the front desk, lounge, etc. They handled their jobs professionally with a friendly and helpful manner, but you could tell that they were stressed at some point, handling multiple guests at a time.

I really enjoyed my stay here at Hawthorn Suites of Naples--clean hotel, friendly staff and nice location. This was our first time actually staying in Naples for a couple of nights, however, if we come back to Naples for another mini vacation, Hawthorn Suites of Naples will definitely be our choice hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a pool view, very quiet. A room overlooking the parking lot may disturb some...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea D
You weren't kidding when you said "Thorough Review" WOW! Thank you for being so candid and complimentary in your comments I am sure fuutre guests will find this to be very helpful.

I'm glad you made it over to Naples and I am delighted to hear that we are your "choice hotel" when you return. If there is anything that we can do for you when you reurn please let me know.

RAYNHAM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hawthorn Hotel in Naples, FL. It was extremely clean and comfortable! Everyone on staff from the front desk, the breakfast room, the cleaning staff and service crew were very friendly, courteous, and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
Thank you for a great stay!
Maureen & Frank Santoro

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your kind remarks. I will be letting my staff know about your kind remarks and I am sure it will delight them. If there is anything that we can do to make your next visit as memorable as the last don't hesitate to ask.

Lithia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are nice, complete with kitchens. The value is excellent, considering the social hour and hot breakfast!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

TDWhite, Owner at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with our staff with and continue to stay with us when you return to Naples. Hopefully I'll get a chance to say hello to you during breakfast or at our social hour during your next trip.

Sincerley,

Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was my second year staying here. I enjoyed it just as much as the first time even though it rained every day. Never did get a chance to go swimming in the pool or make it to the lovely beaches. Love the size of the rooms, and the cleanliness. The hot breakfast is great, coffee was great too. The staff is very friendly, from the front desk to the wonderful housekeepers who do a great job. Good size work out area. Would ask for a room closer to the elevator next time. Close to some great restaurants, and I-75 was within 1-2 miles. Highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
I wish the weather would have been better during your stay with us so you could have had more time to enjoy the pool and the beach's. That being said I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and that our staff took good care of you. On your return to Naples please make sure that you do request a room closer to the elevator when making your reservation and we will make every effort to get you where you desire.