“Our home away from home!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Our home away from home!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We spent two weeks in early November at the Hawthorn Suites in Naples, Florida. I can't imagine staying anywhere else! This motel is spotless. The property is beautifully maintained and it is close to several beaches, nice restaurants and all sorts of things to do.
I first selected this motel because of the kitchen (we like to eat in more often than go out) but I return because of the staff. The staff at this hotel is friendly, professional and so good at their jobs that they make it seem effortless to tend to the needs of everyone staying there.
I have met at least 3 front desk clerks, each is cheerful, helpful and always smiling and accommodating. The manager leaves his office to mingle, and greet guests, and ask if you are pleased with your stay.
Dawn keeps the breakfast buffet stocked and makes you feel welcome every morning. Cindy is always ready with a smile and a glass of wine or beer at Happy Hour (and munchies to go with your beverage). Juan makes sure the grounds are beautiful and treats you to grilled burgers on Wednesday evenings and the housekeeping staff is the absolute BEST! Our room was cleaned, fluffed, and polished to a mirror shine every single day without fail. There is nothing you could want for that they will not try to provide for you.
We really didn't want to leave! If there had been a room available on the day we checked out we would have stayed a few more days.
We try to get to Naples at least once every year but we won't spend a night anywhere else. We have come to feel as though this is our home away from home.
See you in 2013! I can hardly wait!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I will make sure to tell Dawn, Cindy, Juan and the housekeeping staff about the kind things you have said about them. We all look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My stay was good. There were only 2 issues with the room....1. the a/c wasn't working very well as i had it set on 55F and the room was still 70F, 2. the sheets need upgrading as they felt like "100 count"...sand paperish.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry that you experienced problems with the a/c in your room. I trust that this issue was resolved prior to your departure. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Naples.
SEAFORD
Reviewed 30 November 2012

All staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast station always looked clean and tidy even at the end of service. Room very clean and comfortable great bed and lovely white towels. Thanks to all

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Thank you for your kind words and the 5 star review! It is good to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and breakfast area. We are all glad that we could provide you with a little R & R after cleaning up from Hurricane Sandy. We wish you the best after such a disaster in your hometown and hope to see you again for more rest and relaxation in the near future.
Malta
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Peoples dog beside us barked at everything. I gave it some time and thought it would settle down but it never did so I called the front desk and I was told the problem would be taken care of. It never was taken care of and to make it worse the dog would come clear up to the the door and bark at the bottom wich was an inch and a half off the floor wich made it even more loud. This went on for two days and two nights. I turned on the fan to help dampen the barking. I can't believe the dog owners had no respect for others. I could not imagine doing this myself. Bad smell of dog crap outsde both in front and back of hotel. Made my wife sick to smell. I'm a dog owner and love dogs but I never would do this. Also no place to sit at breakfast. Was a large area to eat but I guess not big enough. Everything else was ok.

1 Thank Garrett W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I would first like to apologize for the noise coming from a pet near your room. We typically try to keep pets in a certain area but this is not always possible. I would also like to apologize for the smell outside of the hotel. I assure you that the smell was not coming from animal feces. We are a green hotel and regularly use organic fertilizer. This fertilizer does have an odor that is unfortunately similar to pet feces. I hope that you will come back to Hawthorn Suites for your next trip to the Naples area.