“Comfortable, clean, and a few extras”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Comfortable, clean, and a few extras”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The Hawthorn is a Wyndham-branded suite hotel. It is a clean efficiency and quite spacious and comfortable. It is off a major boulevard, but far enough back that there is no noise intrusion, and it is within a half mile of I-75, so quite convenient to get to, and the proximity to the various strip malls can be convenient. It's a suburban environment.

Cost is not rock bottom, but quite reasonable. Here are the extras. The breakfast is quite substantial and is included. This would be buffet style scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, coffee/tea/juices/milk. Also, waffles, cereals, various bagels, breads and muffins, fruit. This is not much different from some more upscale hotels I have patronized. Every evening, there is a hospitality service: complimentary wines and beers, and some hot food. One evening, they had fired up the grill and were doing dogs and burgers, the next, it was meatballs. Nothing to make a big fuss over, but it's a nice extra, especially if you have kids who like their comfort food. Given the extras, I'd suggest that the cost compares well with anything in the area.

I have to say that we ran to this place after a very poor night at a nearby competitor, and were appreciative that the desk showed us a room and allowed us to check in early. I'm guessing that as a Wyndham-branded hotel, they have a reputation to uphold, even as a suburban economy suite hotel. The extra care shows. I would have no qualms about spending several nights at a place like this again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Montreal-Mathman
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thorough review! I am pleased to hear that the staff took great care of you after an unfortunate experience at another establishment. Every employee takes pride in taking care of our guest's needs. We all hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Friendly helpful staff, spacious well equipped rooms, high speed internet, nice pool, free welcome drinks at bar 5-7pm M-Thurs. The manager even worked the room at breakfast asking about our stay. An all round good value base.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry A
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for your kind words! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all hope to see you on your next trip to Naples.
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We spent two weeks in early November at the Hawthorn Suites in Naples, Florida. I can't imagine staying anywhere else! This motel is spotless. The property is beautifully maintained and it is close to several beaches, nice restaurants and all sorts of things to do.
I first selected this motel because of the kitchen (we like to eat in more often than go out) but I return because of the staff. The staff at this hotel is friendly, professional and so good at their jobs that they make it seem effortless to tend to the needs of everyone staying there.
I have met at least 3 front desk clerks, each is cheerful, helpful and always smiling and accommodating. The manager leaves his office to mingle, and greet guests, and ask if you are pleased with your stay.
Dawn keeps the breakfast buffet stocked and makes you feel welcome every morning. Cindy is always ready with a smile and a glass of wine or beer at Happy Hour (and munchies to go with your beverage). Juan makes sure the grounds are beautiful and treats you to grilled burgers on Wednesday evenings and the housekeeping staff is the absolute BEST! Our room was cleaned, fluffed, and polished to a mirror shine every single day without fail. There is nothing you could want for that they will not try to provide for you.
We really didn't want to leave! If there had been a room available on the day we checked out we would have stayed a few more days.
We try to get to Naples at least once every year but we won't spend a night anywhere else. We have come to feel as though this is our home away from home.
See you in 2013! I can hardly wait!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I will make sure to tell Dawn, Cindy, Juan and the housekeeping staff about the kind things you have said about them. We all look forward to seeing you in 2013!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My stay was good. There were only 2 issues with the room....1. the a/c wasn't working very well as i had it set on 55F and the room was still 70F, 2. the sheets need upgrading as they felt like "100 count"...sand paperish.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry that you experienced problems with the a/c in your room. I trust that this issue was resolved prior to your departure. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Naples.
SEAFORD
Reviewed 30 November 2012

All staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast station always looked clean and tidy even at the end of service. Room very clean and comfortable great bed and lovely white towels. Thanks to all

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Thank you for your kind words and the 5 star review! It is good to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and breakfast area. We are all glad that we could provide you with a little R & R after cleaning up from Hurricane Sandy. We wish you the best after such a disaster in your hometown and hope to see you again for more rest and relaxation in the near future.
Malta
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Peoples dog beside us barked at everything. I gave it some time and thought it would settle down but it never did so I called the front desk and I was told the problem would be taken care of. It never was taken care of and to make it worse the dog would come clear up to the the door and bark at the bottom wich was an inch and a half off the floor wich made it even more loud. This went on for two days and two nights. I turned on the fan to help dampen the barking. I can't believe the dog owners had no respect for others. I could not imagine doing this myself. Bad smell of dog crap outsde both in front and back of hotel. Made my wife sick to smell. I'm a dog owner and love dogs but I never would do this. Also no place to sit at breakfast. Was a large area to eat but I guess not big enough. Everything else was ok.

1 Thank Garrett W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I would first like to apologize for the noise coming from a pet near your room. We typically try to keep pets in a certain area but this is not always possible. I would also like to apologize for the smell outside of the hotel. I assure you that the smell was not coming from animal feces. We are a green hotel and regularly use organic fertilizer. This fertilizer does have an odor that is unfortunately similar to pet feces. I hope that you will come back to Hawthorn Suites for your next trip to the Naples area.