Having read the rave reviews on TripAdvisor perhaps we were expecting too much.
The hotel is situated a short distance from the Interstate highway on a very (very!) busy road. Its very near neighbours are a Perkins restaurant, a Hooters bar(!) and a Harley Davidson Motorcycle centre.
Nowhwere to walk to.
The Hotel is primarily a business hotel and I am sure would be an excellent choice for those on business, I do not feel that it is a holiday destination. It is some way out of Naples and it is not an easy journey due to the traffic and numerous sets of junctions which you have to pass through. The nearest beach is at the end of the forementioned road and costs $8 to park there.
Back to the hotel, reception was somewhat laid back with no help offered with luggage (although after the very casual first impression they were friendly enough). Our suite was fine, it overlooked the swimming pool and outdoor area (I guess 50% of rooms do so). The pool area was occasionally noisy at night. The bedroom had a king sized bed and an area containing the wash basin etc. off it, leading to the bathroom. The wash basin was cracked.. The toilet seat was of the 'rest room variety' -horseshoe shaped, no lid.
The kitchen area was reasonably equipped but lacked items such as a bottle opener and the quality of the cutlery left much to be desired.. The electric hob had a broken ring which could have been dangerous.
A particular annoyance was the room servicing person arriving just after 8am in the mornings. Again maybe OK for business users, but not for those on holiday.
On weekday evenings (not Friday) there are free drinks plus food from 5-7pm. The food tends to be of the mass produced burger type but appeared popular. One evening there was an outside bar-b-que which was good. Breakfast included some hot food, was OK but not great. The usual disposable everything.
Really good features included a little used gym and free internet access including a printer.
Definitely not a hotel we would return to, but as already mentioned good for business overnight stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm and Welcoming the Hawthorn Suites Naples is sure to delight guests near and far. Newly Refreshed and resigned in 2017, our all-suite hotel is perfectly located in Naples with easy access to pristine beaches, upscale shopping, and fantastic dining. Feel valued and cared for the moment you arrive and most of all depart a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Of Naples Hotel Naples
- Hawthorn Suites Naples
- Naples Hawthorn Suites
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Naples Florida