“Great experience!”
Review of West Coast Ranch

West Coast Ranch
Ranked #10 of 15 Sights & Landmarks in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a non-profit organization, and we try our very best to ensure that our horses are trained and suitable for the kind of work we ask them to do, each one is assessed on a regular basis and kept up to date with training. Trail rides are given by appointment only. But that is only the beginning of your fun; we have many other animals such as chickens, goats, bunnies, cows, lamas, emus....and more
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

We went there a few days after our wedding, along with my niece and nephew. We really enjoyed being with all the animals and seeing how a real ranch operates. Cowboy, the dog, was great...he followed us everywhere. The ride on the horses on the edge of the Everglades was great. We will return on our next visit to Naples.

4  Thank Revtec
"trail"
in 4 reviews
"florida"

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Don't expect on of those dude ranches you see on the travel channel. And don't panic when you start driving through the bushes looking for it. You are NOT lost. What this ranch is is a wonderful couple who rescue animals and horses, clean them up, nurse them back to health, and invite the public to come visit. My husband and I went for a nice trail ride with our guide Medina. The horses were beautiful and well behaved. There is a donkey, lama, goats, emus, chickens, roosters, dogs
(pat cowboy and he'll follow you anywhwre), cats..... Stop in for a visit and bring the kids!

6  Thank squirtlapenna2014
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Being from the Tri-state area we do not get many authentic farm experiences. Our visit to West Coast Ranch felt like we were visiting friends at their ranch instead of customers who called for a horseback ride. When we arrived we were told we could just look around at our own leisure. We walked around and saw the chicken coop, a baby lamb, baby goats, llamas, donkeys, horses, cows & emus, to name a few. We had been to the Naples Zoo the day before and this was a much more hands on experience! The owner (I can't recall his name) came out with a bag of lettuce and gave it to my daughter to feed to the baby lamb (not thru a fence, with the lamb in it's pen). Then his 2.5 year old daughter came out with her grandpa, grabbed my 9 year old daughter's hand and said "come one". She took her to shed to find 6 week old kittens, picked one up and said "here". We all held kittens and enjoyed her company too! By then our horses were ready for our ride. I am not an experienced rider at all and these horses were very well-trained. Besides our guide (the owner) we were joined by his daughter (on his horse) and their 3 dogs (purebred australian cattle dogs). We had a great ride through a beautiful trail. When we returned, we went to visit the goats (a mom and her kids which were born in February). The 2.5 year old and my daughter went inside the goats little shed & played chase to catch them. We visited the emus and fed them leaves off of the tree. They took us to the donkey pen and showed my daughter how to lead a donkey and get on and ride one! While we were they the owner came over to show us a 1 week old emu baby! He took it out of the incubator just to show us. Needless to say, what we thought was going to be a 1 hour horseback ride turned out to be an almost 3 hour experience! In conclusion, if you want a laid back visit to a farm and enjoy a horseback ride you must visit West Coast Ranch. There is nothing contrived or commercial about this place, it is the real deal. So if you feel the need, bring your own Purell and enjoy the experience!!!

9  Thank CurlyGirlyLI
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My 8 year old daughter wanted to horseback ride, what we got was so much more! The friendly, approachable owner of the ranch immediately made us comfortable, inviting my daughter to enter rhe huge chicken coop to observe the hens laying eggs ( sent her home with a fresh dozen) never mind the emu's, baby goats, mini donkeys, cows, llama's ponies and her favorite- the friendly cats and dogs! The owners gracious teenage son took us out on the trails and taught us all about the horses and their specialties (roping, rodeo, etc.) The horses were beautiful, gentle and well- cared for. I only wish we knew about this place when we first started coming down to Naples years ago. Such a treat to do something other than the standard beach, zoo and water park. Total Score! A+

9  Thank JeanniedeM
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We are from the East Coast. I wanted to do something different for my son who was turning 14. So when I found this website & the review I was curious. We were a rather large group too. Six adults & six 14 year old boys & a 16 month old. Naturally the boys were alittle put off at first. Being SOOOO cool for their age & football players back on the East Cost they thought they were gonna have an awful, boring time. Naturally right? But all 6 of these boys LOVED IT!! They walked around the farm, looked at all the animals & when we went they had puppies running around. The boys & some of the adults were taught how to ride the horses. They thought it was the coolest day ever for them! When it was time to leave they didn't want to!!! We really enjoyed it & the family was super friendly & nice!! At the end of the day when your 14 year old says, "Mom this is the Best Birthday ever!" well.......what else can I say??!! But Thank You! Oh I recommend you bring cash because the nearest ATM is alittle drive away & you don't wanna miss a minute!!

10  Thank Esperanza B