“Wonderful food and reasonably priced.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #100 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Goodlette-Frank Road
Description: Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche invites you to experience a unique and savory selection of some of the finest cuisines from the magical lands of Thailand, Japan and Peru. Exceptional food, great service, and a relaxed atmosphere all come together for an extraordinary dining experience.
Naples, Florida, United States
“Wonderful food and reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

I work very nearby and eat here often. The food is always good (actually most of the time it's excellent).

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Michael J
adrianzen, Owner at Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Michael,

Thank you for writing such nice comments and for being a repeat customer. We work hard to make sure that all of our customers have a great experience. Look forward to seeing you again!

Naples, Florida
“Very Vegan Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

This place has an extensive menu that, to my delight, can be tweaked to accommodate vegans and vegetarians. Most of the Thai dishes can be made vegan - yes, no fish sauce- and still taste delicious. My fellow vegans and one vegetarian ordered a ginger dish and drunken noodles, dishes they and I have had in other places, and all said this preparation was the best. I, however, ordered a green curry dish that I was disappointed in. I've had curry dishes before and never was any of them "soupy." The taste was good and the veggies fresh, but the sauce was more like a soup and not to my liking. I will return, though, and try out the other dishes - there are many choices! For an appetizer, I ordered the vegan fresh rolls which were outstanding. My friend ordered the fried vegetarian spring rolls and found them outstanding as well. The service was good and happy hour at 5 offers appetizers and 2 glasses of wines for $5.00. It is kind of hidden away but the atmosphere is relaxing and not noisy, at least on a Tuesday evening. Our server was very business-like, efficient and not very engaging but sometimes that can be a good thing.
A good choice!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We take pride in accommodating guests with various needs and we are thrilled that you found our menu vegan friendly. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Berkhamsted
“Several pleasant surprises”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

The hotel concierge recommended this place or we would never have found it. We eat Thai regularly in UK and were curious as to how it would be in Florida. The restaurant is quite hidden in the far corner of a single storied square of shops and businesses off Pine Ridge Road. It was a quarter to six when we were seated in a booth by the window. It was happy hour and so our drinks and a selction of appetisers were ate a big discount. the server alerted us to this otherwise we may not have noticed.

I found the mixture of Thai, Japanese and Peruvian menus a little confusing at first but managed to identify my favourite Thai dishes. We had a Chicken Green Curry, Chicken Basil and Pad Thai Noodles. We were asked how hot we wanted the dishes and chose 'Hot, hot, hot'. The food arrived promptly and was laid out in large round white deep bowls with decorations to make them appeal even more. A bowl each of white rice accompanied the curry. They were reasonably large portions, certainly more than enough for two European appetites. The Green Curry and Chicken Basil were really very tasty and we almost scraped the dishes empty.

I drank Singha Beer and my wife drank white wine. we had coffees after the meal and the total cost per head including a 20% tip, because the service was excellent, came to under $40 a head.

I would come here again and noted how busy it was after 7pm. I would book for this time but would be tempted by the special pre-6pm deal on drinks and appetisers. The surroundings are fine but reflect the secondary location and small size of the restaurant. Clean, well appointed, background oriental music and pleasant Asian servers all add to the sense of occasion. One diner had some trouble as when he arrived he was shown to a booth but he was so large he could not fit between the bench seat and the table edge. They moved him to a stand-alone table.

I liked the look of some of the Japanese noodle dishes on the menu, many of which were familiar fro my many visits in UK to the excellent Wagamama chain of Noodle Bars. Perhaps next time I may go Japanese instead of Thai - although the Green Curry was really good.....

• Visited November 2012
“A Must Try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

We have been at least a dozen times now and they have been consisten. Love the choices - Thai, Sushi & ceviche. Very nice staff. Beautifully decorated. Gets busy during season/ wkends so be ready to wait, well worth it! Best in Naples!

2 Thank jendohair
Thank you for the kind comments and for being a frequent customer! We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.
Captiva Island, Florida
“Yummy sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

The portions were sizeable and the sushi was quite tasty. Although the service was not excessively jovial, as previously stated by a reviewer, they were friendly and pleasant. It's certainly a strange combination for a restaurant, having Peruvian and sushi cuisine, the sushi was significantly better than the Peruvian. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to it, but the papa a la huancaina was unimpressive. Overall, the meal was more than satisfactory though.

• Visited November 2012