Hands down, the most unexpected stay at a Holiday Inn I have ever experienced. As the doors open into the lobby of the newly renovated hotel, you wouldn't guess you were at a Holiday Inn! During high peak season in Naples, FL (March 2014) we were desperate for a hotel, especially one that wasn't $400-500 a night! The prices around town were ridiculous. After driving hotel to hotel, we stumbled upon the Holiday Inn, located close to Tin City and a moderately close walk to 5th Avenue shops and dining. The receptionist gave us the price and saw that we were IG members, which knocked off a few more dollars. All of a sudden we were staying for two nights at the Holiday Inn for what one night at a hotel with less friendly staff and amenities would offer.
We were upgraded to a suite, during peak season!!! The room was well equipped with a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom was clean and the water heats up SUPER FAST (be prepared). The shampoo and conditioners were of quality and didn't leave my long hair sticky and gross like other shampoos and conditioners can do. When we woke up for breakfast, we were greeted by a USA Today outside of our door. I can't tell you how excited I was. The breakfast was what you would expect for a hotel accommodating the needs of many people of four or five hours. Juices, milk, yogurts, toast, bagels, english muffins, cinammon rolls (get there early for those), and pancakes. The sitting area looked over the pool and got you excited to explore Naples for the day. The general manager cleared the dishes for us, which was refreshing. I love to see the employees who run the show get to know their customers. I could feel his excitement about running this awesome hotel.
The check-in and out went smoothly. We didn't arrive at the hotel until around 10 pm and called to let them know and they said no problem at all.
The only downfall of the hotel was the key cards. Ours would get demagnetized and we would have to go downstairs to get a new one. I ended up with four new cards by the end of my 3 night stay. The concept is novel, just putting your key up to the door, but I did not enjoy that I had to go down and get them recarded all the time.
My favorite thing about the hotel, which I realized was an underrated amenity was the 24 hour coffee and tea station. No matter what time you came in, there was always fresh coffee at our disposal. Not to mention it was really good coffee, not the acidic stuff you find at gas stations.
I can't rave enough about the experience here, I am already planning my next Holiday Inn hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples Downtown offers 124 well appointed guest rooms and suites. Amenities are abundant with a relaxing pool/ hot tub, fitness center, business center, Free Wifi, and complimentary hot breakfast. The property is conveniently located less than one mile from the Historic Naples Downtown district and the pristine Naples Gulf beaches. Abundant shopping and dining located within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Naples Downtown Hotel Naples
- Fairfield Inn Naples
- Fairfield Naples
- Naples Fairfield Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples Florida