“Tiger Tail”

Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Naples
oak lawn
“Tiger Tail”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I can't say enough about the owners, they are awesome hosts. Very friendly place. Very Key West atmosphere. They gave me an awesome suggestion for dinner and sunset with my 15 year old. It was such a great place I came back from the East Coast twice in 2 weeks with another visit with my granddaughter who is 7 for another comfortable night at Naples Courtyard and an another God given beautiful sunset. The rooms are very quaint and homey. The bedding was extremely comfortable, the morning continental breakfast poolside was so nice. I am definitely going to be coming back to the NCI for another visit. The ONLY complaint I have would be to get rid of the carpet in the rooms. I don't like carpet, and its just a personal thing. It sure won't stop me from returning though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
atlanta
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a motel. Looks old. Rooms are small. Clean, but that's about all i can say about it. Good location. Breakfast was pitiful, ate out after first day. Won't return, nor recommend.

• Stayed April 2012

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The price is decent considering the location, cleanliness, and ammenities. The only two complaints I have is that the front desk clerk couldn't find our reservation but eventually found it after some minutes; And the mattresses are a bit too hard. But it was a very clean room in a great location for a good price.

• Stayed March 2012
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently vacationed at the Naples Courtyard Inn, and I was the least bit satisfied. The room amenities made me feel as if I stepped into a time machine back to the 1980s. The beds were very uncomfortable, and I woke up each morning with back aches. Also, the pool hours were very unreasonable, and the employees were not very friendly. Lastly, the continental breakfast was hardly a breakfast at all, consisting of bagels and cereal. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Matthew U
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We came in town for a wedding and the only modest priced hotels looked dingy so we decided to try this one out. It ended up being a great hotel for us. The hotel had that family owned feel to it that you dont get anymore with these big hotel chains. They let you take out beach chairs umbrellas etc and just trusted you to bring them back whenever. The pool area was very nice and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and even encouraged us to call them if we got lost while site seeing...which we did. They were very helpful to us finding our way. I really wish I could find nice little hotels like this at every vacation spot i go to. Also if you're down in Naples I highly recommend an airboat tour of the everglades, its worth every penny. Also go to Tiger Tail beach on Marco Island. You have to wade through a lagoon up to your waist but its totally worth it. Its like an untouched beach. We found 3 huge conch shells there. Didnt care for the beaches in Naples to be honest though. They seemed kinda murky and crowded.

Room Tip: best rooms face the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was under the impression that this would be a hotel but I was disappointed that this inn was a motel instead. The rooms were rather dingy and humid, the bed made me itchy, and the room amenities were the bare minimum (a tiny pouch of of shampoo and conditioner and a bar of soap; enough for only one long-haired person to use). I was disappointed that my room didn't have a microwave, but I noticed another room did have one when I peeked in.

On that note, all of the rooms have windows facing the parking lot (or pool) and everyone who walks by can peek in, which can be awkward when you're just lying around watching TV and you make eye contact with a passerby walking through. Closing the curtains makes the room very dark, so you're either completely shut out from sunlight or on display for the world to peer at.

The wifi signal was weak in my room, and to my dismay I discovered a baby gecko running across the wall behind my bed when I came back one night. You might say, "oh but it's just a gecko and they're everywhere in Florida!" as the gentleman at the front desk tried to explain to me, but to me finding that in my room is as disgusting as discovering a cockroach run across the floor or a frog in my toilet. Fortunately the front desk clerk sent the maintenance man, who was very nice, to capture it and remove it, but the experience left me wondering what else I'd discover in my room.

Breakfast was poor: not-so-fresh bagels and English muffins, cereal boxes, and watery coffee. And I also disliked that the front desk closes after a certain hour at night. This was annoying the first night when the smoke alarm in our room started to intermittently beep for no reason at 2 AM, and there was no way to get it to stop. Even removing the battery did not help. We had to call a remote manager on duty, surely waking them up, but obviously they couldn't do anything not being there on location. The thing kept beeping intermittently several times throughout the night. The hotel staff didn't change the battery in the device until much later that morning.

Room Tip: Pick a poolside room for a nicer view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We have been staying at the Naples Courtyard Inn for 5 years and look forward to many more years to come. Lovely pool, friendly staff! Location is perfect! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012