“Quick visit for older children”

Golisano Children's Museum of Naples
Ranked #20 of 122 things to do in Naples
Mason, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Quick visit for older children”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews and had my expectations set properly. Thanks to the postings I knew the museum would provide few options for my 11 and 7 year old. With that said, we stayed for 90 minutes and enjoyed the attractions that provided older children entertainment. We enjoyed the recycling center, tree house, water maze, building rockets and the rock wall. I have to agree that the staff was not very engaging with the children. It didn't seem they really enjoyed children.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Pkjewell

Naples, Florida
“Great Museum!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The museum is great for kids and adults. You can go through the whole place in about 1-2 hrs, perfect for an morning out with the family.

Visited April 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We went with a group of children and the staff was very rude. The entire area was geared towards toddlers with very few things of interest for a child over 4-5. The individuals they had presenting science shows were not teaching age appreciate skills confusing the children and making them feel inadequate. The skill sets were a total 180 between the lessons and the free play areas. The man teaching chemistry was very harsh and kept giving the kids unsettling looks like they were bothering him. The woman teaching kids about the artwork was wonderful! She was the only nice person there who seemed to like children and wanted to inspire them. I'd take my kids back to see the exibits only because of her. Her passion was evident in the way she spoke and wanted to keep them engaged. The topics she discussed were also age appropriate. The play area had a few young workers who seemed afraid of kids. So upsetting! I had high expectations of this place. My advice is to go to the Calusa Nature Center or the Imaginarium in Fort Myers.

2 Thank Christina098123
Newton(Boston), MA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“New and innovative”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This museum is relatively new. In building it, they took the best from all existing children's museums around the country and improved on what they had learned. Every experience is first-rate. Don't go on a rainy day or school vacation. It was jammed, but our granddaughter was able to do everything and loved it all. We however found the crowds, noise, and navigating stressful.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sun&sea lover
Bethpage, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fun for all!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We took our 2 year old and 11 month old. Two year old had a blast. Awesome outdoor water play area. My 11 month old couldn't do too much (except toddler play area) because she wasn't walking yet. Cute grocery store set up too.

2 Thank Cmetz3679