“Better suited to younger children”

Golisano Children's Museum of Naples
Ranked #25 of 126 things to do in Naples
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited the museum after reading favourable Tripadvisor reports but our 10 year old and 6 year old were bored after an hour or so here. The science classroom on the 1st floor was interesting with extremely friendly and entertaining staff however overall not worth the entrance fee for us.

2  Thank Melanie B

Reviewed 8 May 2014

It's gotten a bit warm out so C'mon is a great way to keep the kids out of the sun during peak sun hours. We have twin girls who are two years old and they love this place. They are young enough to stay in the toddler play areas when there are a lot of older kids in the museum and old enough to enjoy the main attractions too. Their favorites are the igloo, the farm, the supermarket, and the train station. They also really like the mini strollers by the supermarket (toddler play area) and they can stand and feed the birds for a really long time in the summer area.

1  Thank yangky_5
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I read the reviews and had my expectations set properly. Thanks to the postings I knew the museum would provide few options for my 11 and 7 year old. With that said, we stayed for 90 minutes and enjoyed the attractions that provided older children entertainment. We enjoyed the recycling center, tree house, water maze, building rockets and the rock wall. I have to agree that the staff was not very engaging with the children. It didn't seem they really enjoyed children.

3  Thank Pkjewell
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The museum is great for kids and adults. You can go through the whole place in about 1-2 hrs, perfect for an morning out with the family.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We went with a group of children and the staff was very rude. The entire area was geared towards toddlers with very few things of interest for a child over 4-5. The individuals they had presenting science shows were not teaching age appreciate skills confusing the children and making them feel inadequate. The skill sets were a total 180 between the lessons and the free play areas. The man teaching chemistry was very harsh and kept giving the kids unsettling looks like they were bothering him. The woman teaching kids about the artwork was wonderful! She was the only nice person there who seemed to like children and wanted to inspire them. I'd take my kids back to see the exibits only because of her. Her passion was evident in the way she spoke and wanted to keep them engaged. The topics she discussed were also age appropriate. The play area had a few young workers who seemed afraid of kids. So upsetting! I had high expectations of this place. My advice is to go to the Calusa Nature Center or the Imaginarium in Fort Myers.

2  Thank Christina098123