“Good Golf Course - Very Rude Starter - making it a bad experience”

Naples Grande Golf Club
Ranked #69 of 168 Outdoor Activities in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: The use of numerous water features and dramatic elevation changes allows architect Rees Jones to provide golfers with a rigorous, yet beautiful course.
Naples, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good Golf Course - Very Rude Starter - making it a bad experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great golf course too bad the Started was such a rude individual. He screamed - I mean screamed- at me for hitting my ball from 200 yds away while the group(slow) in front of us were on the green. Really! I cant even hit my driver that far not to mention my 5 wood. Not only that but at one point he actually stopped our cart to tell us that our friend had an attitude problem...she asked where the 10th tee box as we had stopped briefly after 9 holes ..and was lectured by him about stopping off at the snack bar (the group behind were 3 holes back and not at the 10th tee yet) He made us wait until they teed off! He also told us he had no problem with women (really who asked?) and when he was a kid he preferred to plays with his sisters and their dolls instead of toy soldiers. Like we cared. We were 3 women and played the first 9 in 1 hour 20 mins - yes we play fast so should never have seen the Starter so often during play.
Personally I will not go back there again.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Charlotte D

Sylvania, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice golf course-rude member”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We looked forward to a nice golf outing during a recent convention in Naples. The gentleman who drove us to the range was very informative and kind. When we were ready to tee off, a member, very rudely interrupted us. He questioned our tee time and actually told us to "wait, don't tee off until,I call the pro shop". Not a very nice welcome. The course was very pretty with plenty of water!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Brenda L
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great condition”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

The course is in great condition 9 and 16 are great cant forget holes the rest just regular Florida sand and water holes great service no clubhouse hurts good greens will return

1 Thank usedcars1
Newnan, GA
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Layout”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

First time I have played and will return every time I visit Naples. Challenging course but very playable

Visited October 2012
Leawood, KS
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Very Nice Golf Club”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

It'd be nice if they had a real clubhouse, but this is a very nice golf course in a convenient location. Don't miss the bald eagles!

Visited February 2012