“One of Naples' finest from the exceptional service to the impeccable greens!”

LaPlaya Golf Course
Ranked #39 of 168 Outdoor Activities in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: This Private Golf Club with Resort access features an 18-hole, par 72, 6,907-yard championship layout with driving range, practice area and beautiful views of the course from the clubhouse veranda & patio areas.
Naples, Florida
“One of Naples' finest from the exceptional service to the impeccable greens!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I’ve played my fair share of golf courses in Naples and La Playa’s golf course is definitely one of the elite courses in the area. The course is put together very well and is fun to play. The course is conveniently located and it is a nice and quiet place to have a fun afternoon. One thing that I immediately noticed is that the course is in very good shape and the greens are well kept. The sites on the course also make it fun as you may see some wildlife. The service at La Playa is truly top notch and very helpful-especially to first time visitors of the course, like myself. As a experienced golfer, I recommend it not only for the exceptional service and the great golf course, but also because of the ability to play in 4 hours. A must play! I can't wait to go back!!

Visited October 2013
Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Kipp1Ma
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit and review of your October 2013 golf experience.
We are delighted to learn about your keen observations especially pace of play, and the fun you had playing the course.
The entire LaPlaya golf team, will be ready and looking forward to your return visit soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back.
GM Golf Club

Orlando, Florida
“Traditional Florida Golf Experience with Impeccable standards”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This golf course was in great condition from tee to green, and provided a traditional Florida golf experience. The course is set amongst a housing community that dates back to the 1980's, but the course has been renovated to bring it up to the standards of its sister property, The LaPlaya Beach Resort. Accuracy, not length is key to successful navigation of this golf course with many scoring opportunities if you can keep it in the fairway from the teeing ground. Small greens requires accuracy to be paramount on the approach and water comes into play on at least 13 of the 18 holes, and more, if you tend to be rather way-ward! The rate schedule is very competitive when compared to other high-end golf facilities in the region. The staff were very hospitable, and with an on-site David Leadbetter teaching academy, this is a great location for one round of golf, or a golf retreat for husband and wife, of a group of your friends.

Visited October 2013
Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Alex,
We are delighted to learn about your keen observations about the property and the fun you had playing the course.
The entire LaPlaya golf team, including all the 'goldfish,' will be ready and looking forward to your return visit soon.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.
Fishers, Indiana
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“A very fun and challenging course”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised about this course. It was immaculate and the grounds were well kept. The greens were fast but not "Hawaii" type fast .... There is lots of water with awesome wildlife (gators, egrets, even a eagle) and at times it can be a bit frustrating. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I would love to play this course again time permitting.

Visited August 2013
Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Tracey,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit and review of your August 2013 golf experience.
We are delighted to learn about your observations and of course the many challenges this wonderful game can present.
The entire LaPlaya golf team, including all the wildlife mentioned will be ready and looking forward to your return visit soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

G.M. Golf Club.
herts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Although the course was not in tip top condition with the greens being aerated whilst we were there, I couldn't fault the friendliness and warm welcome offered by all the staff. We received a friendly greeting from the cart staff, the pro shop staff were very helpful but a special mention should be given to Anne and Debbie in the bar/restaurant.
They made us feel at home as soon as we arrived and the food was of a very high standard. Our trip was not just about the golf and the 19th hole is certainly one we would recommend. We even made a point to stop off on our way to the airport on our last day for lunch and a friendly farewell.
This was our second visit in two years and when we come back to Naples we will definitely return to LaPlaya.
Jeff and Julie Grimes plus Trevor

Visited August 2013
Dear Jeff, Julie & Trevor,
We are delighted to hear about your time spent here; the positive sense of welcome, and for naming Anne & Debbie to the All-Star Hospitality team! I will glad to pass along your kind comments to the entire team.
We look forward to your return visit soon, in the meantime wishing you great golfing for the reminder of the year.

G.M. Golf Club.
Hollywood, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“PERFECT Mix of Challenge & Beauty”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Every aspect of my experience with this course could not have been more perfect. From booking, to bag drop off, to pro shop greeting, and naturally...THE GOLF COURSE! I've never been so eager to get home to a computer and leave a review then I have after playing La Playa. I live in South Florida and golf once a week at countless courses from rinky-dink exec courses all the way to the Blue Monster and I can honestly say that La Playa is the best course I've ever played.

Amazing service. Beautiful course(even during aeration!!!). Oh, and I played pretty well too :)

Thanks La Playa!!!

-Dave M.

Visited July 2013
Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Dave,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit & review.
Delighted to hear about your time spent here; and you shot well too, always a bonus!
We look forward to your return visit soon, in the meantime wishing you great golfing for the rest of the year.
G.M.