“A fantastic vacation at Bellasera resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellasera Resort

Bellasera Resort
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Naples
NY
“A fantastic vacation at Bellasera resort”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

My husband, toddler daughter and parents just came back from a 7 night stay at Bellasera. This was a long overdue vacation which I had planned a while back and chose Bellasera based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews after extensive research. In short, we were not disappointed with our choice. Everything about this place is excellent - from the beautiful decor to the immaculate grounds, spacious suites (ours was a huge 3-bedroom located on the 3rd floor) to the very friendly and highly professional staff. Both the check-in and check-out process were a breeze and the concierge staff was extremely helpful. Hotel location is superb - you can walk in 5 minutes to 5th Avenue south for some great dining options - we ate at Chops City Grill and Vergina and both were amazing in terms of both food quality and staff service. My Mom and I got facials and massages at the resort's spa and thoroughly enjoyed our experience there too. I highly recommend Bellasera to anyone looking for a care-free retreat at a truly wonderful resort!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KatfromNY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Manchester
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Ok where do I start - I'd done my research on this hotel so I knew what to expect however when I arrived I did have a few niggles so i hovered in between giving it 4 or 5*, i asked my extended family who travelled with me and they said 5* so 5* it is.
I'll get my niggles out of the way first....
When i checked in we were kept waiting a short time, the lady who dealt with us seemed pre-occupied and in the middle of checking us in, the previous customer returned so she left me to carry on serving the previous customer which annoyed me a little.

We had a 3 Bedroom suite which was very well equipped, very clean and roomy. The rooms as previously discussed on here are very dark, so dark we had all lamps on during the day, however in all honesty it didnt bother us as we were out most of the time. The first night I didnt sleep a wink as the beds are quite firm and I thought Oh No !, but after that i got used to it and all the family slept well for the rest of our stay, which i think is important. Also having the option to have your room serviced Morning or Afternoon is a great idea.

The pool I knew would be small but I sacrificed this minor annoyance because of the location & rave reviews - Please can anything be done about playing ball games in the pool, i know i sound like a killjoy but theres only enough room for a few people to swim nevermind ball games !!?. The cabanas are a great idea, plenty of towels and waiter service a nice touch when you cant be bothered to walk a few feet to the bar ;)

Only ate at Zizi for breakfast the food was good as was the choice.

Ok the best bits:

The location was perfect for us, walking distance to 5th, beach a few blocks away, free shuttle (with lovely friendly driver, sorry forgot your name), lots of our fave restaurants and shops within a few miles, fishing on the pier for my OH.

The Restaurant/bar staff - You guys are a credit to the hotel
Jann, Amy, Tracey, Wayan & Penny we got to know pretty well and in all my many visits to the USA I can honestly say these guys were the most welcoming friendly hotel staff I've met, we had so many laughs and they made our holiday - Thankyou !

I feel sorry for the people who only stay for a couple of days because the staff make this resort and you wouldnt get the chance to get to know them....

Thanks Bellasera - we'll be back next year .....and if you build a bigger pool and buy some pillow top mattresses we'll be back EVERY year :)

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank hellsbells42
London,UK
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We were a little startled when we first arrived at the bellasera as it is right on the US 41 - and just behind a row of shops - not quite the location we had planned for our beach getaway.

However location became irrelevant as we discovered tha twe coudl hire bikes at no cost all day enabling us to cycle along the quiet residential streets to the beaches, and at nnight the hotel minibus woudl take you anywhere you wanted within 2 miiles - and pick you up - location issue solved!

The room was great - facilities were good and in our one bedroom suite we had Aveda toiletries.

Breakfast was included on our package which all in all made the hotel great value. Wayan and his knowledge of the English premier league was a a great start to the day - nothing was too much for him.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Two couples stayed in a 3 bedroom suite +fully stocked kitchen + dining room +living room +screened patio. Had plenty of room. We were "wowed" with the incredible hotel staff . Great pool, with plenty of lounge chairs and even cabanas. Hot tub too.
Decor in this "condo" was very beautiful without feeling stuffy . Our first time in Naples and we just loved it. Hotel is near "Old Naples:-5th Avenue shops and Bayside and not too far from the beach. We had a car (free parking at the hotel) and did plenty of exploring and had still had time to see the sunset from Naples Pier and swim at the pristine beaches.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2009

This was our second trip to Naples, FL and with two children (age 9 and 13) we only look for lodging that offers 2 bedroom condos. In addition, we like to stay at places that offer a certain degree of comfort (our backpacking days are over...). So the Bellasera was a fit for our 5 night trip.

Our stay at the Bellasera was booked directly on the hotel website (Sunstream resorts) as I had received a promotional email, having stayed at their Park Shore Resort in Naples two years ago. The price was about $305 per night. This was somewhat higher than the Expedia rate (about $120 total for the 5 nights), but included free breakfast for 2 at the ZiZi hotel restaurant. I checked the Expedia rate after I had already booked the stay directly and called Sunsteam's booking office to see if they could possibly give me the same rate. The agent was very confused and not very knowledgeable, so I gave it up and kept my original booking since I liked the idea of having breakfast at the restaurant. I expected a total of 10 free breakfast, but they actually gave me 14 free breakfasts, plus 6 "buy one get one free" coupons. This was a very pleasant surprise, and we ate our breakfast at the ZiZi every morning. Excellent, both in terms of food and service!

The apartment was nice and roomy. Both bedrooms had TVs, and so did the sitting room area. It also included a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. Detergents were also supplied. Master bedroom had a king bed, and attached large bathroom with walk in shower, and walk in closet. Second bedroom had 2 oversized twin beds, and its own bathroom with tub/shower. The only thing to be desired would be better bedding (my favorite is the Hilton), but it was no big deal. We also had a large balcony with table and chairs.

The pool is not the largest, and was at times crowded. However, it was as expected and the patio area around it was neat and clean. There were plenty of towels provided for the pool area. In addition, there were 8 cabanas available on a first-come first-serve basis.

The hotel provided shuttle service on demand, and we used it to go to the beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas were available from the hotel for a nominal rental fee.

Overall, an excellent stay at a first class hotel. I would definitely recommend it, and would not mind coming back for another stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Boynton Beach, FL
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We are 3 long time friends all celebrating a big birthday together and the Bellasera was perfect! Staff was all extremely accomodating, from the concierge to the restaurant staff to the shuttle drivers (a great convenience!). We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a very modern fully equipped kitchen, dining area, living room, lanai. This was so much better for this kind of trip that 2 regular hotel rooms. Location is terrific. Walking distance from 5th Avenue South's great shopping, restaurants, etc. Pool area is delightful, as was restaurant (Zizi's) and there is a spa and health club. This was our first time there but not the last. We all agreed that it was everything we wanted in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Specifically chose to stay at Bellasera after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. Our one bedroom suite was elegant, comfortable and very clean. The decor, furniture and fittings were all of an exceptional quality and the kitchen was amazing with first class appliances and everything you could need for self catering. Our screened balcony overlooked the lovely courtyard garden and we had a very enjoyable evening meal in the restaurant with very friendly, efficient service. The location is very central and although not on the beach there is a complimentary shuttle service which you could also use to be taken to a particular local area such as the marina for example. Free bike loan also a great idea and very handy for getting to the beach which is gorgeous. We had the pleasure of seeing dolphins by the pier and the diving pelicans are amazing! Loved everything about this hotel, our suite in particular. The only minor downsides for me was that the large jacuzzi by the pool was crowded with young kids (which surprised me as there is usually a minimum age limit) so no relaxation there then. Also, there didn't appear to be a turndown service in the evening so we had to make up the sofa bed in the living room. No big deal to do that myself but the ornate table, whilst beautiful, was back breakingly heavy to move! Returning to our room after being out for the day the sofa bed had been left as a bed so we did not have use of the living room unless we folded it back ourselves. We no doubt could have asked to have this done but in my experience of high star hotels this is usually done as a matter of course when the room is being serviced. Minor downsides as I said and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay somewhere a bit special and out of the ordinary in Naples.

• Stayed March 2009