“Friendly Italian restaurant with an inventive menu”
Review of Osteria Tulia

Osteria Tulia
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Tulia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Osteria Tulia is Naples, Florida's first osteria, serving exquisitely prepared Italian peasant cuisine in the ambiance of a lovingly restored Italian farmhouse. Osteria Tulia is the vision of Sicilian-born Chef/Partner Vincenzo Betulia, a long-time Old Naples chef whose flavorful dishes have earned top culinary accolades and a passionate international following.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The interior of this restaurant is well thought out. The decor is warm and inviting. The menu has creative offerings including a pig ear appetizer that my son ordered and we all loved. I tried an appetizer of chicken liver with a fried egg and it was so rich and delicious that it could have been a meal all by itself. My wife order the grilled octopus, but said it was a little tasteless. The pizzas are outstanding as is the homemade pasta. My two boys ordered a pasta dish with braised lamb neck meat. Both kids loved it. The homemade pasta was done just right. The service was friendly and efficient. Also, the bread was so good that my daughter filled up on it before her pizza arrived. Not a problem though because the staff was happy to wrap up our leftovers.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Truly delicious! Michael was out server/bartender. He made fantastic white sangria with muddled raspberries. Great! We started off with pig ears, house made ricotta, brussel sprouts, egg special of the day, Gorgonzola deviled eggs and the chicken liver. Everything that passed our lips was cooked perfectly. My favorite was the chicken liver with the pig ears being a close second. After devouring the appetizers, the four of us ordered lunch. We had Seargent peppers pizza, short rib sandwich, lamb pasta and the sausage pasta. All four were once again cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. I typically don't order pasta dishes at restaurants, this being my second time ever, but I could resist. Homemade pasta with fennel sausage and peas. Great play on carbonnara. We had 2 desserts, cheesecake and red wine cake. Both were way above par. Michael whipped us up a couple of expresso martinis with a shot of expresso in them that everyone should try. We couldn't have been any more pleased with our meal or service. It was a pleasure to have such great service.

1  Thank Ftmyerschef
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We are new to the area and relied on foodie sites to guide us here, what a find. Nothing stereotypical about this place. Fresh local ingredients: Fiore cocktail with fresh muddled raspberries, strawberries with lardo, crispy pig ears (delicious!), flat bread and house made ragu. All delightful! Our server Fred was informative and had great recommendations.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Ossetia Tulia offers casual dining with good food. Though we had reservations, we arrived much earlier than planned. We were welcomed and seated immediately being offered inside or outside dining.

The waitress was pleasant, thorough, and upbeat. She recommended wine that we enjoyed, readily refilled the water glasses, and had a delicious bread with a homemade spread brought to the table.

I ordered gnocchi, a small portion with a great flavor, and my spouse ordered the melon salad with an Italian meat and a pasta special that was much larger than mine but also quite good.

The restaurant continued to become more busy as the evening progressed, but the service and pleasant exchanges with the wait staff and the hostess continued. I liked the rustic decor, attention to detail, and would only suggest a little more varied menu for those of us that do not care for goat cheese and wild meats.

I would happily return for another evening there.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Dined at Tulia and had an amazing meal! The fennel sausage, octopus and meatball appetizers were incredible. The pork tenderloin entree was absolutely delicious. Atmosphere was rustic and beautiful. Our server was excellent. His food and drink recommendations were spot on. The only bad point is that we were put off by the bartender. He was tall and thin. I believe his name was Bob or Rob. I don't remember, perhaps because I'd like to forget him. To be polite, he was lacking in personality bordering on rude. I will definitely return, but won't stop at the bar for a drink before dinner if he's working.