“Terrible place, with a potential to get better”

Swan River Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Park Shore
Description: A cozy New England restaurant & raw bar, Swan River Seafood consistently brings the freshest varieties of the sea in delicious ways to happy Naples' locals and visitors. Enjoy wine and oysters at The Lobster Boat Raw Bar and dine on the largest selection of fresh market fish in Naples. The New England vibe continues out to our newly renovated patio booths. Enjoy Florida breezes as you savor the freshest fish with the friendliest service. The seafood market is open daily providing the home cook with pristine fresh fish and delicious prepared delicacies. Visit Swan RIver Seafood for local Stone Crabs October to May.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

So my family and I went there a few weeks ago on a Saturday to have dinner and we had such a terrible experience! Let's start out with the food, my crabcake and the oysters were awesome but the the rest of the food was terrible, my dad's burger was burnt, and the my moms fish tasted like plastic! The rice looked good but had no taste what so ever! The sweet potato was so abnormal can't believe the would serve such thing. The presentation was terrible. Abs to top it off Our server named haily or something like that was terrible, the restaurant was nearly empty but somehow she managed to take forever to approach us and ask us if we wanted drinks. Although she kept a smile on her face, she manage to give us attitude and made us feel stupid. Later after we paid and tipped her, her and a short brunette girl stud next to the bar and gave us dirty looks ! Made us feel extremely uncomfortable. And to top it off there was so much screaming and singing coming from the kitchen! Management should really step up ! .... Couple days later I tried to give the fish market a shot and and the Spanish women was really helpful along with sunny, but there was this other women that worked there that was so loud, laughing and screaming. Terrible ! I honestly feel like management should really have a serious talk with their employees.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I come here strictly for the RawBar. Same order every time. 2 dozen top neck clams as big as they have. Wash them down with a good white wine or beer and I'm good to go. I find the rest of the offerings to be average. Everything is super fresh, which is awesome, but the prices don't match the quantity of the food. I always leave hungry. So after eating the clams, the wife and I usually head right next door to USS Nemo, then Norman Love Chocolate. In that specific order.

3  Thank Eatthisnow
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It had been a long time since I came to this restaurant but an Associate wanted to meet her for lunch. They had a couple great lunch special options that didn't break the bank plus an excellent lunch menu. The place is New England cozy and my lunch was pretty good. The only complaint was the time it took to get refills on my ice tea and to get the check. In that sense service was a little slow. I always hate that the last thought I have in a restaurant is how long it took me to get out after eating! With all that being said, I did have a pretty decent lunch.

1  Thank BlueMarlinDave
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My guest and I looked forward to a late lunch at Swan based on favorable comments by friends. They must have meant a different restaurant. I had the Fisherman's platter. ...extremely small portion (one lonely scallop and other very deeply fried unidentifiable substances bringing new meaning to the word "crisp".) My partner's scrod was of similar quality. Unprofessional service and a party of 10 seated beside us completed the picture...until the bill came...with tip it was over $60...no alcohol was imbibed.

1  Thank lambda43
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a large party of 10, including a two-year-old and four-year-old. Swan River accepts reservations for parties larger than six, and they had our table ready in the back corner of the restaurant. Just about everyone ordered some kind of seafood, and everyone thought it was very good. The only slight downside was the service. Our waitress started off well, offering everyone a drink when we arrived and delivering them quickly. We ordered in a timely fashion and our food came out hot. From there, our waitress apparently lost interest, as drinks were not refilled (including asking for water/tea refills three times). When we all finished, she went over the desserts and didn't come back for 15 minutes, despite several members of our party indicating they were going to order. We decided against dessert due to the delay and the fact that our little ones needed to get home. The place is a local's favorite, and I would imagine our service situation may have been unusual. All in all, though, it's definitely worth a visit.