“Still a nice place to have a drink and eat.”
Review of Bambusa

Bambusa
Ranked #371 of 986 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Ottawa, Canada
“Still a nice place to have a drink and eat.”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We always make a trip to Bambusa particularly on a Thursday evening when the crowd is older and friendly.

We were sad to hear that Trish is leaving the restaurant as she is relocating to another state. We will miss her very much as the quality of her service was beyond reproach.

Did not eat this time but noticed plates being served in the dining area. All looked so very good.

Bartenders at Bambusa are tops; very professional and very human, approachable.

Two thumbs up!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank CharlesSeems

Lakeville
“Good food”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Good food and moderate pricing in the restaurant. My husband and I enjoyed this gay bar and found it welcoming as well as serving a nice selection of dinners.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Terry M
Ottawa, Canada
“Gay Bar & Restaurant with Excellent Food”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Bambusa on a Thursday evening is a delightful place to be. It's a neibourhood bar and restaurant where most people know each other. The decor is plain but effective.

Had dinner and drinks at Bambusa's two weeks in a row. Drinks were cheap: (2.75 for a vodka tonic - probably a Happy Hour special). Fresh popcorn is made daily and is self-served in large baskets (always popular with the group I meet there).

I met up with 10 other friends and we ate in the dining area. We all ordered different meals and everyone was satisfied with the food. I ate a chicken wrap with sweet potatoes fries (at 8$ this was a bargain) which were very tasty. I ate half and they boxed the remainder to take home.

There are no tablecloths and expensive art on the walls but it's a great place to eat. The owners Steve and Rick are both extremely friendly and are hands-on. The helped Trish (our waitress) get the food to the table in record time so that we could eat together.

Ample parking as the restaurant is in a plaza.

Restrooms are large and clean.

Outdoor tables accommodate the smokers.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank CharlesSeems
UK
“welcoming gay friendly place”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

we went here after looking for a gay friendly place and we weren't disapointed - the bar tender was very friendly. it's definitely gay friendly as opposed to strictly gay - there were many straight groupes and couples as well but you could have sat and held your bf's hand and not felt self consious. The food was good to eat and good value. I would definitely come back!

3 Thank asqrad
Venice, Fl
“SURPRISE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I was meeting friends at Bambusa. I thought it was going to be a chinese restaurant. I was so surprised when it turned out to be American Bistro type and gay friendly at that. I'm not crazy about the high tables and chairs. It just isnt very comfortable after an hour or so to be sitting up like that. I would have had everyone move to a lower table and stayed much longer and had lots more to eat and drink if we had been at a low table. Our table decided to get lots of appetizers. I will start with the crab cake sliders because good crab cakes are hard to come by. There were absolutely fantastic. Almost no filler, just honest to goodness blue crab and lots of it. No crunchy veggies in there either. They came 2 on a plate and I could have had 4. I ordered mine with cheese and they came with some kind of remoulade which was quite tasty. App #2 was deep fried stuffed olives. Hard to screw that up. The giant olives were stuffed with asiago cheese, breaded and fried crisp. Tasty little mouth explosions. Unique and fun. We also had the pot stickers, plump and tasty, the Bam Bam shrimp , reminiscent of Bonefish Grill and really good, coconut shrimp were light and toasty, spring rolls were average with a very nice dipping sauce, and nachos which was an enormous plate of food for an appetizer and could easily feed 4 people. I also had a Black Martini, Chambord and Blackberry Vodka which was unusual and effective! I only needed one. I had to ask for some bread to soak up the alcohol or I was afraid I would fall off those high stools. I didnt get to have dessert having been completely saturated and satiated with dinner. Our group meets their monthly so I will be sure to post more reviews as I work my way through the rest of the menu.

2 Thank Annmarievenice61