“Good location; food mediocre and expensive”
Review of Capri Fish House

Capri Fish House
Ranked #144 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Four of us dined here a few nights ago - it must have been the "good" chef's night off! This is a rustic place, located on the beach with great views. Be prepared to wait a while for a table. None of us really enjoyed our meals - all seemed overcooked in old oil and not too warm; not cheap, either....We also didn't feel the service was very good, plus they add 18% automatically to the bill. The saving grace was the nice evening and the singer (Jimmy Buffet/regae style).

1  Thank bridgenut

Reviewed 6 March 2011

We happily stumbled on the Capri Fish House after driving to Isles of Capri to go to the Pelican Bend restaurant. There was a long line at Pelican Bend, and whe we looked at the menu, we were not impressed. It was almost exclusively fried fish, which we don't eat.

So we went next door to the Capri Fish House, which was also busy, but after looking at the menu we knew this was the superior choice. Lots of choices of seafood fixed many different ways. My husband at snapper vera cruz, which had a delicious sauce of tomatoes, olives, peppers. I had baked grouper with tomato and artichoke. It was baked cleanly and perfectly, not smothered in fattening crumbs or swimming in butter. It was superb. Also, they include fresh vegetables as one of the side options. I got a mix of broccoli and zucchini, which was perfectly steamed. Any restaurant that offers fresh vegetables gets an extra star in my book. We felt very fortunate to have found the Capri Fish House.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

TripAdvisor, not for the first time, has this in totally the wrong place. It must be at least 15 miles from Naples. It is really on the road to the Isles of Capri, off Marco Island. it has the best location in Marco , right on a beach looking towards unspoiled small islands. You can also rent kayaks or boats here and watch local dogs swimming in the ocean.

Did I mention that the restaurant is on the beach? I mean RIGHT on the beach ; our table and chairs were actually on the sand, but you could eat indoors or in the tiki hut if you prefer.

Food pretty well standard Florida vacation stuff; grouper, shrimp or burger but well done and at a fraction of Sanibel/Naples prices.Service (Feb 2011) excellent but, for us, it always has been. We make a bee-line for it every year. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

I'm not sure why this is rated as being in Naples -- its about a mile from Marco Island just north of the Bridge. Naples is a good 20-30 minutes from the spot. BUT, without a doubt, this is a GREAT restaurant. We went to the Sunday Brunch and had some of the most amazing seafood we had over the month we were at Marco. Someone called this a key-west spot near Marco and I'd say that is right. Very low-key, but awesome, awesome awesome food. And you simply cannot beat the waterfront spot. We ate at many Marco spots and this was our favorite.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

This is "Old Florida" at its finest! For a short 25 minute drive from Naples, you find the BEST grouper fingers and seafood chowder you can get anywhere! But the food is just the beginning! Spending time at the Capri Fish House is like time-travelling back to an era of the simpler times, times with less stress and more happiness. Every time I go to the Fish House I know what to expect...the opportunity to enjoy an amazing meal right on the beach with my toes in the sand, savoring the peacefulness. Or I might choose to sit in the Tiki hut, listening to the guitar music and enjoying that same view with that same delicious food... all the while knowing my children can swim or comb the beach looking for shells without a care in the world. Sometimes we rent kayaks to explore the hushed nature along the many lush waterways. This place is like going to a friend's house and feeling so comfortable, you never want to leave!
Living in a beautiful place like Naples is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But my family and I would not get this experience at any of the perfectly manicured restaurants and beach resorts that Naples is famous for.
Thank you, Capri Fish House, for giving us so many wonderful memories!