“Absolutely Spectacular”
Review of KC American Bistro

KC American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
KC American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$26 - US$42
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 41
Los Angeles, California
“Absolutely Spectacular”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

The ambiance is lovely. You can hear each other speak. You don't have to be a lip reader. Ia quite sure all the waiters are good. But if you have a choice ask for Marina. She was amazing at her job. She cared about our needs. She listened and heard our requests. My wife was not sure she would like Kale Cesar salad. Marina brought a small taste. My wife loved it. Marina never missed a beat. Being from L. A. I have become used to waiters waiting to be actors so they act as waiters. Not here! I ordered the quail with smoked gouda polenta. I am not a big fan of polenta, this was terrific. The quail was out of this world. It was plump and cooked perfectly, just the was I love it. Yes I ordered a second order. My main course was the Rosemary and mint marinated lamb rib chops. I could not believe how perfectly they were cooked. Not just as I ordered, medium rare but the outside was crisp crusty and scrumptious. I wanted to order a second but talked myself out of doing that. It was really a treat that Chef Keith Casey came out and personally served some of the dishes. I only wish Chef lived and worked in L. A. I just may have to move to Naples. Others of my family ordered other dishes and were equally thrilled. If you are anywhere near Naples you have to eat (DINE) here.

2 Thank 800FoodFanatic800

Salem, Massachusetts
“The BEST in Naples -- Period”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

OUTSTANDING food -- there is none better in this town. Good to great service. KC is a prince. His menu choices are all guaranteed to please. They doubled the size of the restaurant last year and it is usually full so reservations are a must -- but this is a do not miss place.

Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
“Second trip not as good as first”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Well, when two diners at the table very near to you send back the grouper entree, it probably would be wise to order something else. One of our party thought not, and was similarly disappointed. However, the other three--two short ribs and one haddock, were very please. Since this was our second trip and the first was outstanding, we will give it another try.

Visited November 2013
maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm really surprised this restaurant had good reviews. The meal started with still cold frozen rolls followed by rubbery scallops you just couldn't chew accompanied by frozen dark yellow corn sausage side. And it not's cheap to boot! Find somewhere else to spend your money

• Visited December 2013
Boston, MA
“Terrific Food & Dining Experience”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the second time we’ve tried KC American Bistro with friends. Both times were very good. Chef/owner Keith Casey has really labored to create a terrific dining experience, and the effort shows. Other reviewers have pointed out that menu changes frequently as Keith works with fresh ingredients by region and seasonal availability. The four of us tried two fresh salads and a soup for appetizers. For entrees we had the salmon, pork chop, grouper, and red snapper. Everyone was happy. One thing we noticed is that Keith has resisted the temptation to amp up dishes with excessive salt: everything was well seasoned but not overdone. Another thing we appreciated is the care they took with our friend’s food allergies- our server went back to double check in the kitchen regarding one ingredient. Nice selection of wines by the glass. We were too full for dessert. Throughout the dinner our server did struggle a bit with my request for no ice, but language was an issue, and she tried hard- so no complaints. This is going to be one of our regular dinner spots in Naples.

• Visited November 2013