“Delicious Italian Food and Interesting Conversations”
Review of Ristorante D'angeli - CLOSED

Ristorante D'angeli
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Old Naples
“Delicious Italian Food and Interesting Conversations”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We could not have a more pleasant night on our one day visit in Naples/Florida than we had at D'Angeli. The food was very good and It was easy to tell that the pasta was homemade and the pizza was just as tasty as it would have been in a good restaurant in 'real' Naples/Italy.

Service was excellent and we had a very nice conversation with the lovely owner Angelina.
Sitting outside we had a good view over the 5th av.

Thank god we did not read the partly bad recommendations here as we would not have had such a great night. However I am honestly wondering where these come from. Maybe they must have mistaken a lousy restaurant in Naples/Italy with the D'Angeli in Florida/USA ;-)

2 Thank JennyLK
2wonderwhy, Owner at Ristorante D'angeli, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you so much for the excellent review. It is for people like you that we are in business. The pleasure was mine that evening. I wish you happiness and many wonderful trips and dinners together. :)) Herzlichen Dank!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nightmare on 5th”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Quiet night not many tables to cover but service was lousy, got the wine wrong twice, the Fish tasted like it had been heated up from the night before, the sauces where greasy sorry it was just a bad night. My duaghter loved the orange juice though. To add insult when paying the bill the waiter wanted to know if i wanted change from $200 of travellors cheques i gave him a tip 'smile more'

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Markw1965
UK
“Really good friendly restaurant.”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We cannot beleive we were in the same restaurant as the previous reviews.
We had a wonderful meal, great wine and very friendly staff. No sign of dried hard pasta and frozen vegetables. The lady on the front desk (we presume Angelina) was very friendly, helpful and efficient. She was taking photographs of the restaurant, meals and diners. She took a couple of photographs of us eating and leaving, we asked if she could email us with copies, a few days after we arrived home the photgraphs were there.
If we were in Naples again we would go back and recommend the restaurant to friends.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank patsylandin
Thank you for your review. I remember you very well and I hope I will see you again. I wished more people would be happy like you two! Love across the ocean! Angelina
“Love the food & friendly staff!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I found the food excellent! Fresh ingredients done in tasty dishes. David the owner greeted us warmly. Recommend it. Have eaten there many times alone & with family & friends. Will go again

Thank you you make us happy! :)))
florida
“Avoid Restorante D'angeli”
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Callled around town Friday for Saturday night reservations over President's/Valentine's weekend and was unable to find slot until D'angeli, where the owner said "yeah sure what time" -- and 8 o'clock was no problem .... should have been warning sign.

my wife and son checked us in while i parked, and when i got in, they were at the bar. i asked whether they had checked us in and my wife said yes, but had no confidence that it had registered with the owner.

We had a drink at the bar, and i went over to double check with the owner that he had us down, and he assured me that he had, and i asked about 2 open 4-top tables and he said he wasn't sure, but thought they were for some groups at the bar and he just couldn't get them to sit down (?). I said no worries, just so you know we are here and had 8pm reservations. He said, yeah, well they have been here longer than you have. I said fine, just so we are in queue. It was by then probably 8:25-30.

At nearly 9pm a 5-top round got up and left and my wife asked the owner, if that would be for us, and he said no, that there was a smaller table behind it and the people at that table would be leaving soon --- there were no longer any other people waiting for tables other than ourselves, so he just did not want to risk that a group of 4 or more might come in at some point.

this is when we left and walked down the street for a nice Italian meal at Vergina. i told the owner that we felt mistreated and would never come back. he just looked at me with a sort of distant look and said nothing.

we spend a lot of time in naples and there are dozens and dozens of excellent restaurants with good food, service, and atmosphere. there is just no need to take the risk of going to this restaurant --- which may be why it was the only one i could get "reservations" (remember the Seinfeld lesson, 'any one can "take" a reservation, but the whole thing really is to "keep" the reservation) at.

we had eaten at d'angeli last year and the food was good, but my memory came back about what an odd dude the owner seemed at the time. i went on-line today to see what others had experienced and was not surprised to see a recent review speak of rude treatment from the owner.