“Very Special....!”

Mereday's Fine Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This evening we had an exceptional meal at Mereday's. After reading so much about the generous portion sizes, we opted for just the three course meal and were glad we did. The foie gras was delicious, my wife's Moroccan lamb was authentic and delicious and my duck confit with mushroom risotto was absolutely spectacular, one of if not the best I've ever had, plain and simple. The desserts are unique and very special ... from start to finish this is an absolute "must go to" Naples restaurant

4  Thank Lee L
There are newer reviews for Mereday's Fine Dining

Reviewed 8 December 2013

It seems hard to get great food in Naples. I don't expect great food but at this price, maybe I was expecting more. The rolls WERE great! The wines were average. My husband had the duck which he said was and the lamb, which he said were very good. I had the grouper which was very good. The salmon was recommended to me by the waiter and I thought it was very plain and a little dry. Not sure if I can even say that it was good. We both had the banana strudel which came in three sections. The strudel portion was really good. The ice cream portion was average and the ganache was ok. The service was extremely attentive (too attentive?) We had 5 servers and they all asked us about our meals throughout the meal... A little much for me. I normally share an appetizer with my husband and skip dessert but that was not possible here. I decided I don't need to eat/order this much food (I did take the salmon home... it is good enough for a second day lunch). So overall, the restaurant was 'very good' but not great. In this price range, I expected better. I am more price conscious than my husband so I would be reluctant to go back. He would probably want to.

2  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This place is fabulous. The crab cake and tomato salad were excellent. The grouper in sweet potato purée was to die for. We did the wine parings that matched up perfectly with every course.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had the Chef’s garden tomatoes. The tomatoes had no taste, similar to the ones you buy at the grocery store. One of my favorite dishes is steak with green peppercorn sauce (a european classic) but what a disappointment ! The sauce was very light and runny, similar to gravy. This was the worst "steak au poivre vert" I've ever had. For desert I had the chocolate mousse napoleon which way too much creme fraiche and the mousse itself was of a lower quality!
My wife started with the garden salad which was good except that the dressing was too vinegary. She had the grouper for a main course and the panna cotta for dessert, both of which were very good.

2  Thank spinekope
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The staff go out of their way to make it an exceptional dining experience. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back. Pricey? Yes, but you get what you pay for and this is top quality food and service. They start you with the best roll/ biscuit ever and everything we had was great. You choose a 3,4,or 5 course meal and there are many many options for each course. Something for every taste. This is perfect for a special occasion.