“Superb!”
Review of Mereday's Fine Dining - CLOSED

Mereday's Fine Dining
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fort Myers, Florida
“Superb!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Southwest Florida boasts many restaurants with fine dining prices and mediocre delivery. Mereday's breaks this stereotype! This restaurant is in competition with James Beard award winning recipients around the country. The service is impeccable-possibly the best I have experienced in this area. I highly recommend the wine pairings with the courses. Each pairing complimented the plate perfectly. My four favorite dishes (several of us shared) were the escargot, seared foie gras, duck breast, and filet of beef. Two courses is more than enough, but you will want to order three and take some home. The ambiance of the restaurant will not disappoint either. I will return and recommend this establishment to all who appreciate true fine dining.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank RaynayLo

Washington, DC, United States
“Great food in superb setting”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had an outdoor table overlooking the marina at twilight. The view and ambience could not be better.

We each ordered the two course prix-fixe menu, and desert. Many fine dining restaurants have small portions so we were a bit concerned that we might not have enough food. We were definitely wrong on this point. The scallops ordered as an appetizer were almost large enough for a full dinner and they were superb. All of the other dishes were equally outstanding, as was the service.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Robert C
New York City, New York
“Nice but in need of menus adjustments”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Meredays is located on a nice canal in downtown Naples and by all indication was to be a most enjoyable Mothers Day dinner. The restaurant is beautiful and the Waite staff is excellent. I must admit that I didn't really research the menu ( I didn't think I needed to). The menu is a price fixed 2 or more course dinner menu....two full courses which for our group is way too much food. The shrimp creole (full portion) was really good but enough for me. Then they brought out the steak, a full serving which I tried but couldn't really eat. Being full really doesn't lend itself to judge the quality of a dinner so the steak was just ok, nothing more. The deserts were complimentary and were pretty but again for me and having eaten too much were just ok. I usually don't eat appetizers and deserts so the experience was very disappointing and not really fair to the chefs. I would highly suggest that Mereday's offer more than their price fixed 2 or more course dinners to their guests and they will find another type of customer to continue to return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JIm V
“Wow! World Class Exquisite Cuisine in Naples”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. Chef Mereday and his culinary staff are not recognized enough. Their menu is small and yet full of decadent dishes that you will only find in the most upscale world renown restaurants. From Diver Scallops to the Steak Tartare, we tried all the dishes on their unique prix fix style menu and were more than satisfied with each dish. I will be back as fast as the weekend will come. I want to thank Chef Mereday, his culinary army, accommodating Manager Rob, Our servers Madison & Ian for making our first experience more than exceptional. I strongly recommend this establishment to anyone who appreciates fine dining and great a cuisine. Thank you!

1 Thank GustatoryScience
Fort Myers, Florida
“Fantastic food paired with wonderful service!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is by far some of the best food I have had in Southwest Florida. This was my second visit and the first for my group of girlfriends. I appreciate the tasting menu that changes depending on what is fresh and available. The food is superb - I highly recommend the scallops, foie gras, and filet. I also suggest the wine pairing options as the matches were on point. The service was excellent and attentive. I cannot wait to go back and see what amazing creation Chef Charles has developed next!!

• Visited May 2014