“Terrible Experience”

TAPS Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
Ranked #304 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited Taps yesterday while we were in Naples. We were excited to try it because they had a solid craft beer selection and the food menu looked good. The first thing we ordered was brie and honey "bruschetta". I used quotation marks because it was basically 6 tiny pieces of toast with a small piece of brie on each and honey drizzled on top. They were good, but not worth $8 (something I'll get to in a moment).

My wife ordered the Asian chicken lettuce wraps and I got the BLT&A. My sandwich was good, but a little overpriced at $11 considering it didn't come with a side. The lettuce wraps were pathetic. There was maybe 1.5 ounces of chicken to go with 4 pieces of romaine lettuce. I'm not exagerrating. It was the smallest portion size we'd ever seen. Not a huge deal, but considering what happened next, it definitely means we won't be back.

When we asked for the check, I noticed that the bill showed the bruschetta was $9. I clearly remembered it being $8, so I grabbed a menu and verified that I was correct ($1 isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd point it out so it could be corrected for future customers). A different waitress came back to take our check at this point. I politely said to her "I noticed that I was charged too much for the bruschetta." Her reply shocked me. She very arrogantly said, "No, the bruschetta is definitely $9." I then proceeded to point to the menu and said "Actually, the menu says it's $8." She responded in a condescending tone, "Well, that's wrong. It's definitely a misprint. I'll go ahead and change your bill and give you your $1 back" as she rolled her eyes and stormed off. We couldn't believe it. I was so infuriated, but left a standard tip since it wasn't our waitress who treated us this way.

Because of the small portions and the way we were treated, we will never go back to Taps. I would recommend that you avoid it as well.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Adam N

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Last Chance Visit”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I've previously reviewed Taps and must say that again it lived up to the poor service I expected. I met two friends there on a Tuesday night where there were maybe 30 people in the entire place. The service was mediocre but the manager on duty, Justin, was absolutely horrendous! It was just another indication that poor customer service comes from the top and must be acceptable.

This was my third and final visit to an establishment with a proven track record of terrible customer service.

1 Thank chgoguy1971
“Ok”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere good, service needs improvement... definately needs improvement. Waiter brought our check without us asking for it and we weren't done with with our drinks. He consistently kept check books in the back of his pants... gross.

2 Thank carri3marie
“Great beer selection”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have only been here to sit at the bar and hhave some drinks, so I can't comment on the food. But the beer selection is great, with a good revolving selection of draft beers and also a huge variety of bottled beers. The bartenders have always been attentive and courteous, even when busy. The atmosphere is nice too. Kind of a modern vibe.

• Visited October 2013
“Really good”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Not sure why there is so many bad reviews,my girlfriend and I attended on a busy Friday night but were lucky enough to get a seat at the bar,our bartender was very attentive and knowledgeable about the beer and recommended the meatballs which were out of this world we also had the Asian lettuce wraps which were also very good and full of flavor,we will certainly return

• Visited August 2013