“Go for the beer and wine”

TAPS Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
Ranked #348 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great selection of beer and wine, but that's the only reason to go. Food is so-so, zero ambiance. Good bartender but management present did not greet or acknowledge. Obvious cameras on all POS terminals say "we don't trust our servers". Almost empty. In Mercato in North Naples, home of probably 20 restaurants. Pub is a much better choice. This place won't make it unless there are major changes.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had lunch at Taps in Mercato with a friend. It was a Saturday and the place was almost empty. We had quick attentive service. We both ordered wines we know and like - so the wine was good.

We ordered salads. I had a bacon/turkey salad and it was a delicious, copious portion. The salad came with bread and I had a vinaigrette dressing. I enjoyed the mix of greens and veggies. My companion had the spicy Thai shrimp salad and found it delicious as well.

Overall it was a nice experience - better than average.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We couldn't wait to try this place when we got back to Naples. Not too exciting. The food was ok, but the service was terrible. We sat on the patio because we had a child with us. I think that was a mistake because we were pretty much forgotten. We had to keep looking for our waitress, who by the way seemed a little inebriated! When we asked for recommendations on some of the beers she simply tossed the menu at us an told us the beers were listed. After looking over the beer list we were less impressed. Lots of beers, but nothing extraordinary, just stuff you can find for the most part at your local liquor store. With all the hype about their beer selection we expected a more eclectic selection. Had to find her again for our bill and waited forever for her to come around with it. We probably could have just left and she would have never caught on, but we don't do that sort of thing. I would not recommend this place. Go down the street to Whole Foods and splurge on some good food and enjoy their beer selections and you will be much happier!

1  Thank Vheckler
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We enjoyed it here. Stopped in late, kitchen was closed, but the selection of beers is out of this world. Nice bartender (forget his name) but helpful, told us where to go and things to eat when we return for dinner in the future. Was open later than most places down there so..
But definitely would retrun for a nice cold Modelo!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

As a craft beer lover, my wife and I were excited to check out Taps upon returning to Naples.
Located at the upscale Mercato development, Taps is primarily targeted at a younger, sports bar demographic. We stopped in on a Friday evening, and the bar was about half full. Service was attentive. I perused the tap list, which was decent, but far from what I had hoped for. In addition, the prices were much higher than the competition. A stones throw away is The Pub Naples, with a beer list that is every bit the equal, a significantly nicer ambiance, and much more reasonable prices. I'm not giving up on Taps just yet, but they'll have to cahnge things for the better to be competitive.

1  Thank Eric B