“Nice restaurant but Quirky”
Review of Fish Restaurant

Fish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Nice restaurant but Quirky”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well, let's start buy saying this is a VERY pretty restaurant, done up nicely in whites and blues. The atmosphere is very inviting as was the food.Most everyone excluding myself had a fish entree of some variation and i had the Kobe burgher with fries.
All raved at how good it was!!! The Kobe was just perfect and though the frieds lacked seasoning, they actually had none, a little salt cured that.
The only problem we had was the grilled calamari appetizer.
The large portion of grilled calamari was presented over a bit of baby spinach, lightly seasoned and with a fair pinch of garlic,. Tasty? Yup but way over done. One guest remarked it was like trying to cut rubber bands.

To the quirks.
The kitchen is outside and across and open area as are the men's and ladies rooms. Not too much of a problem lest you need to use the facilities and it's raining. You'll need to don your coat and umbrella, leave the table and walk about 30 feet or so out the front door to the restrooms.

As to the kitchen being across the walkway.
Well, during a rainstorm a a fair sized blow, I wonder how the servers get your meals and themselves to and from without becoming soaked? An interesting arrangement.

Out server was VERY nice though he did mention that he wasn't too fond of Naples residents.Hmm, we'e Naples residents.
He also mentioned that the kitchen staff couldn't be understood. Hmmm, Spanish speakers perhaps?

Well, despite those gaffs, we had a pleasant time with a great view from out table.
Would we go back? possibly but only in a thunder storm the likes of which Naples can have,. i wanna see how they run the food back and forth. Just hope i won't need the facilities till after the meal. :)

1 Thank TheGrumpyChef_SWF

Newbury, New Hampshire
“Awesome vista...buggy after dark”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first visit...my wife wanted choppino, and I wasn't real hungry, so I ordered sushi & sashimi which was the special. More about the food later.

We chose veranda seating on the waterfront. It was about 7pm mid-July and a nice evening. We enjoyed the view over a glass of very good house Chardonnay and while we knew what we wanted, took time to look at the other offerings.

Service here was no better than average, sub-par for a venue in this price range. Had to ask for bread(served right out of the oven-very good), and some mid-meal requests waited for some time for accommodation

My wife reported the choppino as very good, I thought it could have used more garlic and more wine, a little bland for my taste. The sushi...don't order sushi in a fish restaurant...go Asian! I ordered shrimp (OK, but ordinary), spicy tuna (not) , and octopus which never arrived, but that was fine with me.

Don't sit on the waterfront if your visit will last until after sunset. The gnats or whatever those small biters were are fierce...I'm still itching.

I would have given this place an"average" rating, and comment not worth the money, but my wife's rave about the choppino was enough to give it the benefit of the doubt. She is never wrong!

We ordered a cappachino Creme brûlée which was large, but lacked definition in taste. If there was coffee flavoring, it was subtle.

My wife would return tomorrow night...me? Not so much.

1 Thank peterrmans
Levis, Canada
“Gluten free diet people (Celiac), avoid!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife who is celiac and I had lunch at Fish. The food was good, the service was careless.
We had the feeling that the waiter and the Maître d'O were not considering gluten free seriously enough. The feeling was right. My wife who is celiac got badly sick.
So, Fish is no more on our list!!!

3 Thank edith t
Naples, Florida
“Dinner last night”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Four of us had dinner at Fish last night. In short, the food was way over priced and the service was average at best. We will not be going back to Fish.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank parbuster1
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“The best!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Beautiful waterfront views. Had the 2 course lunchtime special @ $13 Soup or salad. Then cod and chips. Not huge portions but just right at lunchtime. Plenty of tartar sauce, ketchup and malt vinegar, all conveniently in separate dishes. Perfectly cooked. Complimentary iced water refills.
Staff were very attentive and friendly but not intrusive. If only all restaurants were like this.

• Visited June 2014