“Amazing Day!”

Down South Charters - Capt. Mike Schmidt
More attraction details
Owner description: Down South Charters offers an extravagant experiance of fishing in the backwaters of the 10,000 Islands and Everglades National Park.
SANDWICH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Day!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Its always great to be out on the water but if your an avid fisherman it's even better to have an amazing day of catch and release. A buddy of mine came down from Tampa to see what all the fuss was about with my fishing trips with Capt. Mike. Well now he understands. Was a little choppy but made it out to one of Mikes honey holes and started right in. About 8 or 9 different species the first 2 hours then I hit my First spinner shark. After 50 years of fishing saltwater I didn't expect anything too surprising. A Spinner shark is something else! After 15 min. of fighting he jumped 6 feet in the air and we saw a huge Goliath groper after him. Tore him up. Then landed 2 large Cobia in the next hour. Always go home with tall tales and sore arms with Capt. Mike. Can't wait till next week.

Visited April 2014

Naples, Florida
“Fabulous Fishing”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

On March 22, 2014 I took my son in law and two grandsons on a 6 hour fishing trip with Captain Mike. It was a wonderful outing. He is pleasant, very knowledgeable and capable. His boat and gear were top notch. We had a tarpon on the line but a shark wanted it and took it. Brought a 6 foot lemon shark to the boat and released it. Not content to sit idle when the tide died, we changed locations and really hit the jackpot. Caught and released a ~40 lb grouper, caught and released two nice black drum, caught enough whiting, sea trout and pompano for a nice dinner. All in all a perfect day!

Visited March 2014
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Second Anniversary”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My Husband and I booked a fishing trip during our stay at Port of the Islands in December, 2013. My intention was to ride in the boat and enjoy the wildlife and my husband's was to go fishing. I considered fishing to be last on my list of things to do and my love for my husband is great as we booked the trip on our anniversary. Captain Mike had other ideas for me. He baited my hook, gave me instructions and handed me the rod. I wanted nothing to do with removing fish from the hook and Captain Mike gladly obliged. I never thought that we would be fishing on our anniversary and certainly never thought that I would enjoy it! We caught white fish, trout, grouper, and red snapper. The baby hammer head shark had to go back into the Gulf! We caught enough fish for three very large meals. If you like the out of doors, wildlife, and adventure, I recommend Captain Mike as a great guide! We had a beautiful day and a beautiful time fishing on the Gulf!

Visited December 2013
Toronto
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Earlier this week we had a six hour charter with Captain Milke. He is a very knowledgable and patient guy. ( Got a line caught in a tree). His boat and tackle are first class and he knows where the fish are. We caught about 40 of which 22 were keepers. We fed 8 people the next day and had a fantastic day on the water. He wont disappoint you.

Visited January 2014
Lehigh Acres, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Day on the Water”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had a great day fishing the inland waters with Captain Mike. He put us on Red Fish and Snook and we even had a hook-up on a Tarpin.Captain Mike's boat and fishing gear are very clean and well maintained. We look foward to the next charter we take with Down South Charters.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction