“4th Consecutive Year - The Naples Bay Resort never disappoints!”
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
“4th Consecutive Year - The Naples Bay Resort never disappoints!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My travel this past year included Boston, San Diego, Las Vegas, Orlando, Dallas, Phoenix, etc. etc. for business purposes...so when I walked through the doors for the 4th consecutive year of the Naples Bay Resort, we were greeted as "old friends.” I felt myself exhale, and my vacation became immediately. After being on the road at many high end properties, to feel like I am home and pampered is nothing less of immeasurable to myself and my dear friends that travel with me. Marilyn Soffer, the star concierge once again outdid herself (if it is possible for each year to be better, I just did not expect that it could get better with each visit). She anticipated our arrival, and was her gracious knowledgeable self, with advice that added so much to our getaway. At every turn we were greeted with smiles and an extremely high level of service. Aaron, Lee and Tom were so gracious, each time we asked their advice or if they could work with us to get to other locations in Naples, they did it with what seemed to be heartfelt enthusiasm. I am sure the Naples Bay Resort is pleased to have their high level of standards pulled through to the guest. We were treated like princesses, and have already decided on the week that will be our 5th consecutive year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
mrivers79

Thank you very much for writing a review on your return stay with us here at Naples Bay Resort. We are thrilled to know that you have visited with us multiple times in the past and plan to continue the Naples tradition.

Marilyn is the best at what she does, utilizing her wealth of knowledge and generous heart to make our guests' stay memorable. It's wonderful to learn that she has left a positive impression. We are equally proud to learn that Aaron, Tom, and Lee did a spectacular job providing what it was that you needed in a way that exemplifies our Naples Bay Resort spirit! I will make sure to pass on your kind words!

We're very much looking forward to seeing you again, as I am sure Marilyn is too!

Phillip Starling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Polish first
Islamorada, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a three night four day break at Naples Bay Resort in May of this year. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful and our one bedroom apartment was like a very relaxing home from home. The tennis centre arranged both lessons and some competitive matches for us and we met some delightful local tennis players. We could not speak highly enough of Ido, the tennis professional, or Edda at the tennis reception. The local dining was first class and the proximity to 5th Avenue was very convenient. A huge thumbs up ! We will return again later in the year.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment was very spacious and exceptionally comfortable.
James D

Thank you very much for the kind words in your review for your time here at Naples Bay Resort. We are always so happy to play host to fellow Floridians.

What a fun time you had here. We're glad that you were able to take your love for tennis and turn it into a vacation. Ido and Edda are fantastic at what they do, taking their passion for the game and sharing their knowledge with our guests. It's fantastic that you were able to play with and learn from them.

While dining here in Naples, Florida, we do hope that you were able to take advantage of Mereday's here on property. Their cuisine is top notch. But we don't blame you for venturing out on 5th Avenue; those restaurants are mighty enticing!

Very excited to see you again later this year!
New york
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here in winter 2012 and it was lovely, not one complaint. It's a beautiful hotel with amazing grounds. Great service and food. I booked on a discount site and it came with breakfast vouchers. I feel like we got a lot for the money. The pool is beautiful, first time in a lazy river! Lunch at the pool was good but pricey, not really worth it. 5th ave is super close and there are delicious restaurants there, very elegant little city for Florida!
The beach is nice, especially in the evening when the sun is setting. But it's a public beach. I was happy to have the privacy and peace and quiet of the pool. There is a spa and gym as well.
Our room was big, beautiful bathroom, no view but agin we didn't pay much for our room. If you can afford the beach front resorts, go for it. But if you're on a budget this place is perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia P
Natalia P

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for Naples Bay Resort. We really appreciate that you took the time to do so after all this time. Equally as happy to know that we made such a great impression!

How fun that you took your first dip in a lazy river here on our property! It is certainly a relaxing feature here that I wish I could spend some more personal time in! We are glad that you appreciated the grounds as a whole. The spa and the gym help diversify how you spend your time while on vacation. But always drifting back to that lazy river!

Next time you come back to visit, make sure to book a marina view. Watch the sunset at the beach that you love then come back and spend the evening with a bottle of wine on your private balcony overlooking the boats and water!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The employees were professional, helpful, and very friendly. The environment was very relaxing, clean, and quite. We experienced some of the best sleep ever. The resort offered a number of on-site activities.

1 Thank Ketema A
Maggie O, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Ketema A

Thank you so much for your review regarding you stay at Naples Bay Resort. We are glad that you found the property relaxing and clean. I certainly think the true mark of a good resort is the quality of sleep that a guest gets, and I am exceedingly pleased to hear that you slept well while staying with us.

Next time you need a good night's rest, our beds will be ready to help count some waves.

Cincinnati
Reviewed 12 May 2014

After reviewing several properties in Naples for a five night stay, we chose Naples Bay based on the amenities offered and the value for the money. I think many past reviewers have been unfair in their assessment of this property and simply failed to do their homework when evaluating the best location for their budget and needs.

WEBSITE and PRE-CHECKIN EXPERIENCE
The website was easy to use, the photos fairly depicted the resort and the rooms. The map shows the layout of the entire resort so you understand what you are booking and where. The resort fees were disclosed and I was able to request a room on a high floor which we were given. We received an email from the property several days in advance of our stay to advise us of the concierge services and to offer personal assistance with reservations prior to arrival.

ARRIVAL AT RSW
Checkin is at 4:00, but due to our flight we would arrive closer to 3:00. I called the resort from the baggage claim area to see if our room was available and after waiting a few minutes was told it was available and we were welcome to check in anytime we would like.

CHECK IN AND ARRIVAL
Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly valet who offered baggage assistance. We were greeted at the front desk by Britton who inquired about our journey, welcomed us and helped to orient us to the resort. Our keys were provided in a folio which listed all the amenities available to us. It included business hours for pools, restaurants, spa and gym, as well as information about beach chairs, umbrellas and the shuttle times were listed. I really can't understand how other guests claim they didn't know what was available to them when all that information is given to you WITH YOUR KEY. There was no towel lecture. We chose to self park and appreciated the underground garage to keep the car cool.

We opted for a one bedroom suite with a marina view and were very pleased with the choice. It was clean, well-appointed, and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Coffee and tea were provided, along with kitchen linens, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, and paper towels. Ice and water dispenser in the refrigerator door tasted filtered which was appreciated. The kitchen also had a blender, microwave, smooth cooktop and plenty of counter space. Impressed to find a wine chiller in the cabinets! The only kitchen item I didn't find but could have used was a pair of scissors.

The washer/dryer were Duet front loading stackables and laundry detergent was provided. It was difficult to find since it was placed on top of the dryer. The 6'5" husband found that one.

The balcony was generous and had two padded, sling style chairs with ottomans and a small cocktail table. The ceiling fan helped to keep the balcony cool. No issues at all with biting insects in the evening out there.

The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. Bath linens were of good quality. The bathtub was a bit on the small side, but would be nice if you have small children to bathe. The shower had a rainshower style head. A hook for towels closer to the shower might have been helpful.

The room was quiet at night. No hallway noise or noise from the marina.

THE SHUTTLE
I won't go into detail about where the shuttle goes because if you do your homework you'll easily find this information. Our driver Tony was kind, smiling and friendly. He loaded beach equipment in for us and dropped us one easy block from the pier. He picked us up exactly when he said he would. On the day we drove ourselves to the beach, he gave us all the same items to load into our car. The shuttles always ran on time which was appreciated. Naples Bay uses Mercedes shuttles and they are clean and comfortable. You can also book these shuttles to locations other than the ones included in your stay for a charge. The zone map is at the front desk. Yes, this property is about a 5-10 minute drive to the beach, but if you did your homework you would know that. A room with just a bed and shower at the Ritz Carlton, which is on the beach, is at a minimum 2.5 times more expensive.

THE CLUB
The walk to the club is very easy. You can opt to walk along the main road which is the most direct route or take a walk through gardens which is a little less direct. We chose the main road. Some reviewers have complained about this walk which we found amusing. If you are under the age of 75 and find this walk difficult, then perhaps you should evaluate your fitness. It is along a divided road with three lanes on either side. I believe the speed limit was 40 or 45. There is a high curb, and the sidewalk is flat, wide and in good condition. The people who are intimidated by this road must hail from Mayberry. You do have to cross a street, but there is a light and a crossing indicator. It takes LESS than 5 minutes to walk. Even if you are carrying a tote bag, it is not difficult at all. If you can't walk, the shuttle will take you to the club and all you have to do is call the front desk when you want to come back and they will pick you up anytime.

We used the gym facilities which were clean and in good repair. The standard cardio (ellipticals, bikes, spinning bikes, stairclimbers, and treadmills) were available along with weight machines, three adjustable benches and dumbbells to 65 pounds. There was a Smith machine with a total of four 45lb plates and also cables with attachments that I believe went to 110lbs. No power rack or Olympic bench. Pilates, spinning, yoga and other classes were offered but we didn't use them. The locker rooms and showers could have been cleaner, but lockers were available as were a sauna and steam room. Towels and water were available, but take your own bottle.

THE POOLS
Pool area was clean and maintained. Chilled water was available in various locations around the pool and there are some seats that are shaded if you desire. There are a few noodles and pool toys to share. The waterfalls help to drown out the sound of the kids screaming. I felt that the grill staff should have circulated more often to remove dirty dishes and offer drinks. The whirlpools are not hot. The pool water temperature was comfortable.

TOWELS
I can't even believe I'm writing this. Towels are provided and not policed. Towels are available at the front desk, the valet station, the club pools, and even at the ship's store if you rent a boat.

BOAT RENTAL
Excellent experience here which I'll review on their page. If you have interest in this, do not hesitate.

WHAT'S NEARBY
We found a nice little grocery called Oakes Farms Market for our food and beverage supplies for our stay. Lots of beautiful, fresh local produce, gourmet food items, and over 600 wines to choose from. If you need something to nosh with your balcony cocktail you can find it here along with lots of options to prepare an easy dinner or breakfast. It is walking distance from the hotel, but since it was 90 degrees and we had dairy items, we opted to drive.

Tin City is also easy walking distance. If you become weary of dining with the swells on 5th, you can get a decent meal here for a much more reasonable price. The ambiance couldn't be more opposite though.

CHECKOUT
One day prior to our checkout, I visited Britton at the front desk to determine if we could check out at 12:30 instead of 11:00. She told me that the owner of our unit was coming on the day of our departure so we couldn't do that. She did offer us a key to the club so that we could use the pools and locker rooms there prior to our departure for the airport. Upon checkout, we were provided with an itemized bill to review prior to the charges being applied to our credit card.

My suggestion to Naples Bay would be to follow up with guests in the form of a survey at departure. Other similar properties we have enjoyed have done this in electronic form which is helpful. Other than that, the only additional service I've appreciated at similar resorts is evening turndown service. I didn't request it, and I don't know if it would have been made available to us.

We appreciated Naples Bay Resort and all of their smiling, helpful employees. We look forward to our next visit!

7 Thank Cincytrips4fun
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Cincytrips4fun

Let me personally take a moment to thank you for writing what must be TripAdvisor's most thorough and well-written review ever. We are so glad that you took the time to write this lengthy report about your stay with us at Naples Bay Resort.

There is honestly no room to add to this incredible review. You did such a spectacular job detailing every facet of the property in a way that helps me understand how guests experience their time here on a whole.

So instead, we would like to speak with you privately off of TripAdvisor to discuss your return visit. Please email me directly at pstarling@naplesbayresort.com so that we may begin this conversation.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed there for 5 days - right on the bay, with very nice rooms and staff. Close to 5th Ave restaurants/shops and the pier/beach, with hotel shuttles to take you back/forth. We stayed in a room with living area and full kitchen. Worked great for a longer stay. Other side of hotel had larger cottages for families. Quiet and pleasant. Would have been nicer if walking distance to beach, but otherwise worked great.

1 Thank Marjorie B
Maggie O, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Marjorie B

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Naples Bay Resort. And thank you for spending a week with us! What a great vacation, indeed.

We think that it is great that you found the rooms well appointed. The in-room kitchens and living rooms certainly help make it feel like a home away from home, but better! There is just something about coffee on your own personal balcony overlooking the marina that really starts a day off right. We are glad you found the freedom to do that here so pleasant.

Next time you hop down here for a lengthy stay, try renting a couple of our bikes to get to and from downtown and the beaches. Brings a whole new level of adventure to your vacation!