“Best Vacation Ever-Can't Wait To Return”
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I found this resort and recommended it to friends for their 25th anniversary. They were there at the same time my husband and I were vacationing elsewhere in the state. They raved about it and loved it so much that we cut short our stay on the Atlantic Coast and moved to spend the balance of our vacation at this property. From the minute we walked in the door we loved it. It's visually stunning and impeccably manicured.

Every staff member was friendly, warm, inviting, and went out of their way to be helpful. My husband and I are hooked on staying at suite/condo type facilities when we do extended stays so our one bedroom suite fit the bill perfectly. We had a spacious balcony with a canal view.

I never thought I would rave about a bathroom, but this one was one of the plushest and definitely the most spacious I've ever seen in a one bedroom unit. It has a stand alone shower, in addition to a full tub (also with a shower). There are two separate sinks and two separate toilets. There is also a full sized stackable washer/dryer.

It's just over a mile drive to the beach and there is plentiful parking on all the beach access roads. We are already thinking ahead to our next visit to Naples during which we will definitely choose Naples Bay Resort for our accomodations.

The only constructive criticism I have is that they should disclose the resort fees up front on the phone at the time of booking. The agent with whom I booked neglected to mention it, and while I was fine with the charge, I would have liked to have known this BEFORE booking. The information DOES appear on the confirmation invoice that is emailed after booking, but at that point, you've already paid a deposit and obligated yourself for the stay.

This was not and will not be a dealbreaker for me---just a helpful hint so that customers don't get surprised by unexpected fees AFTER booking.

Overall --- I loved it and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Ollie501

We are so glad that you recommended us to a friend who then in turn recommended us to you! What excellent advice you all give! We are thankful for your support and for the time you took to write a positive review of your stay with us at Naples Bay Resort.

That bathrooms available in all of our rooms and condos go above and beyond to make guests feel at home here. The washer and dryer are a personal favorite touch, allowing guests the opportunity to keep up with all the outfit changes needed for a day at the pool, an afternoon at the beach, an evening on 5th Avenue South, and dinner at Mereday's.

I apologize that the resort fees were not made more obvious during the reservations process. We will reevaluate how that information is disclosed to prevent confusion in the future.

Looking forward to your return visit already!

Phillip Starling

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My girlfriend and I came down to the resort for a few days to celebrate both her 25th birthday and the 4th of July holiday. From the moment we arrived the entire staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Especially Bobbi who gave my girlfriend a birthday card, balloon and champagne from the hotel. I really appreciated Bobbi going the extra mile to help us celebrate!

The amenities were great and provided many options for us that did not require leaving the property. This resort is also within walking distance to downtown and a short drive to the beach which we found very convenient when we did leave.

We will surly be back next time we are in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina provided a great view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheldon B

Sheldon B

Thank you so much for not only visiting with us but also taking a moment to write a wonderful review of your time at Naples Bay Resort. Happy birthday to your girlfriend! Hope she felt special and taken care of throughout her entire stay.

It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the fun that Naples, Florida has to offer. The shops and restaurants on 5th Avenue South provide a fun retreat from the pools and beaches when the Florida heat kicks it up an extra notch. Hope that you are able to come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was the fourth time my daughter and I have visited the resort for some mother /daughter bonding time. We love everything about the 2 bedroom suite with the marina view. The staff and everyone who works for the resort have been extremely friendly and helpful. We especially appreciate everything Roxanne has done through the years to make our stay special. It is due to her willingness to make a room change for us on our first visit that we have returned every year.
She goes out of her way to greet us and to make sure we have a good time. We love the small pool situated next to the yacht club so much that we rarely go over to the larger resort club. It is private, quiet and a fun place to watch the water crafts go by. We can't even imagine staying any where else.

Room Tip: Marina view rooms have a much better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

cluk83

Thank you for taking a minute to write your review of your many experiences at Naples Bay Resort. It was fantastic to hear that you and your daughter have made this place your fun mother-daughter getaway destination. We are thrilled that Naples Bay Resort holds such a happy place in your hearts.

Roxanne is such an important member of our team here and I am glad that you have come to depend on her over the years just as we have. Your loyalty and support mean so much to us and we are looking forward to the many years of memories to come.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wonderful 2-bedroom suite with staff everywhere that exemplify excellent guest service. Any issues that arose were quickly resolved, and Zack at front desk was awesome, answering all questions and concerns kindly. He even made sure my mom had a golf cart ride back to the room when she went to the gift shop to get a soft drink and negotiated with manager for us to have free breakfast for a problem with our A/C upon arrival (that was fixed quickly on July 4th by a maintenance man who must have been melting in the hot sun and would not take a tip)! Great kayak and rental staff and wonderful dinner and breakfast at yacht club! Overall wonderful week-end, and shuttle service readily available to pool and beach!

Room Tip: marina and canal view suites are a shuttle ride to main pools, while cottages are closer to pools bu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Disneyfan36
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Disneyfan36

Thank you very much for a detailed review of your experience at Naples Bay Resort. It is so nice to hear that you were so well taken care of by all of our wonderful team members. Taking advantage of the kayak rentals was such a good idea. Seeing the Paradise Coast by water is one of the best ways to get a good feel of the beauty and majesty of the area. Hope you come back soon for a repeat experience!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

So I'm actually writing this review from my room on the third floor of the hotel.

The hotel presents well, is clean, well decorated, etc. and the views were nice. The beds are also comfortable enough. For some odd reason, there was terrible water pressure in the shower (a big pet peeve for me), but when you turned the sink on, the water gushed out with such incredible water pressure that it spilled all over the counter. I found this to be very odd.

As far as amenities the pools are much smaller than they appeared in the photos, and I wasn't aware that they are not housed in the same area as the rooms which makes going to the pool a hassle - since you have to drive down the block.

As for the spa, I arrived on Saturday, and spent most of the day at the pool and beach. When I got back (at 6), I tried to book a massage for Sunday morning. Not only was I unable to book it because they closed at 5, but I was told that I would need an appointment before Sunday, since the spa isn't normally operating on Sunday. Huh??? Most people who come to Naples as tourists aren't coming on Tuesday or Wednesday...they come for a weekend getaway. I couldn't understand why they would close on a day where they could probably make a lot more money. I also couldn't understand how somebody (anybody) couldn't help me to get a reservation at the spa, just because it was after 5. Or, if I had to book it before five, somebody at the front desk could have told me so I book it right when I check in.

As far as location, it is a few blocks from the 5th avenue area, and even further from the beach. This didn't bother me too much, but for the price of $248 (218 + taxes, but before the $40/day resort fee; bringing the total to 280) I guess I was expecting something a little more in the heart of town or closer to the beaches. To be frank, I don't think I'll ever be back here mostly because it is overpriced for what it is. If i wanted to be near fifth avenue, I could have gotten a hotel on the avenue for at least that price, if not less. If I wanted to be near the beaches, I also could have stayed for less. And given the problems described above, I'm not so sure the hotel offers anything (outside of its bay view) that is really worth the price that I couldn't get elsewhere for less money.

Overall just a bit disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank stmarcus
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

stmarcus

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Naples Bay Resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the view and found your room to be satisfactory.

Apologies for things not being completely transparent in terms of amenities and the times in which they opened. It is not listed on our website that the Spa is closed on Sundays and that should certainly be noted for our guests; thank you for bringing that to our attention.

In terms of value, we feel the free shuttle service to the Club pool, 5th Avenue shops, restaurants, and nearby beaches, as well as the shops available at the Hotel level, the fine dining restaurant options available on property, the care and attention to detail, and our staff truly set Naples Bay Resort apart from other hotels competing at this level.

I sincerely hope that you come back for a better experience with us. We would love the opportunity to dazzle you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

One day before arriving, I got a call from the resort that I will not be able to use the Naples resort facilities. But when I arrived Friday, June 27,2014 there was no mention and the front desk handed me the list of amenities that we can avail during our stay. "The Bad News" referred by previous customers were taken care off.... Lucky me, everything was excellent....

Room Tip: I stayed at the 3rd Floor Marina View which is best if you want solitude. But June was a slow seaso...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

rjpackerscitrus

Thank you for taking a minute of your time to write up a review of your positive experience at Naplse Bay Resort. I am so very glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us without it being compromised by the temporary changes we experienced at a resort level the week prior to your arrival. Thank you for your kind words and support.

I see that you mentioned wanting to come back when a Florida resident special was available. Luckily, we have one running all summer long, offering room discounts, reduced prices of spa services, breakfast, and more. Give us a call. We would love to have you back!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Upon entering this beautiful resort, we were very excited for our stay. It was a wonderful property - super clean and the room was just wonderful. We stayed in a room that overlooked the boats. It really was beautiful. Upon arriving we were given the "bad news" that the resort no longer was affiliated with the other part of the resprt and all of its ammenities. While they did offer a discount to the nightly room rate, there was nothing else done. Of course a discount should have been offered, in my opinion. I asked for something such as a discount on the boat rental we were doing, dinner discount, bottle of wine.... nothing was offered. In addition to this, when I called to book the boat I was told that they provide a lunch to bring on the boat - that was no longer offered either. I was really disappointed at the way they handled this and didn't seem to want to do anything to make it better. Once again a beautiful property - but we lost alot of what we wanted to come for. I am in the business of customer service and was very let down by how this was handled.

Room Tip: Room over looking the boats! We were in room 310!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

cacfla

Let me apologize for your experience at Naples Bay Resort. Unfortunately, during your stay with us, we were, as you stated, experiencing some very sudden changes that we were entirely unprepared for.

In terms of compensation to our guests for the inconvenience, we did offer complimentary breakfast in the lobby, discounted room rates, transportation was provided to the Briggs Wellness Center, among other things. We are sorry if you were not able to take advantage of these temporary amenity changes.

Now that Naples Bay Resort has been restored to normal operating procedures, we know that your future visits will be much more satisfactory and meet all your expectations.