“Perfect place for a relaxed vacation”
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 27 July 2014

After we booked at the Naples Bay Resort, we found out that the manager of this resort used to be the manager of one of the hotels in Miami that we visited before. That was a great stay, so we expected this stay to be at least as good; and it definitely was! Our room (2 bedroom/2 bathroom) was spacious and clean, the resort offers a shuttle to the beach and downtown Naples, which was very convenient. The swimming pool was a bit crowded, but it was still nice. We had some problems with the wifi and the tennis, but those problems were solved quickly and properly. Only downside seemed the walking distance from our apartment to the pool/tennis courts, however, the distance is very doable. One point of improvement for us is that the shuttle should go to the beach (after 6.00 PM), since the Pier of Naples is nice to walk through around 7.00/8.00 PM.

Compliments again to Philip Starling and his staff! We would love to come again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Rajish

Thank you so much for writing a review of your experience with us at Naples Bay Resort. As a personal note, I am glad to hear that my reputation remains consistent and you enjoyed your stay here in beautiful Naples, Florida.

Thank you for your suggestion about having a scheduled sunset beach shuttle. We discussed it and think that you have a really great idea. We are going to see what we can do to incorporate it into our current schedule so that our guests can enjoy a walk on the beach as the sun dips into the Gulf of Mexico, a sight that is matched by none other.

Hope that you return soon. Feel free to offer any more great suggestions!
Phillip Starling

Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely wonderful! I have no complaints on our stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was extremely nice and comfortable. The view was gorgeous, and the amenities were outstanding! I just wish we could have stayed longer.

Jessica W

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your stay at Naples Bay Resort. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay through and through. The marina from your room looked fantastic. So glad that you got such a beautiful view throughout your visit. Sunsets over the marina cannot be beat. The staff here might be the only thing that can top them; each team member has such a positive impact on the whole experience, making the difference with each interaction. Hope you are able to return again soon for a repeat and longer visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

i had great reservations about our stay here. We got off to a great start from very welcoming valet staff and the receptionists. The room was excellent overlooking the canal and the ocean going cruisers. It is a great location ten minute walk to Fifth Ave and great eateries at very reasonable prices. The only drawback was the poor internet connection but don't let that spoil you're stay here i would highly recommend it and we intend revisiting next year

Room Tip: there is a little noise on the canal side as the main highway runs alongside but i did not find it a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

fatcatdotcom

Thank you so much for your review of Naples Bay Resort. Your generous and honest feedback is very much appreciated.

Glad that you enjoyed the view from the canal. Normally we hear that our wifi is exceptional, so we will have to look into where we might have some slow spots. The team members we have here do such a great job making every guest stay memorable and I am pleased to hear you experienced that same great service. We would love to have you back anytime!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Overpriced rooms - people at front desk were rather rude to me. I had no room service menu... But one for their overpriced spa services!! I would not recommend this hotel as there are soo many better ones to stay at. There was no coffee pot in the room either. When I told front desk they just shrugged their shoulders- no offer to bring me one. They wanted to sell their poolside breakfast for $25!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have written only one prior hotel review (all positive!) and it was for Naples Bay Resort. Because our second stay here was even more wonderful than the first, I felt the need to write one again. I just can't say enough about how great this resort is! We were there 3 years ago for my husband's 50th birthday and decided it had been too long since that trip and made the smart choice to return for his 53rd. Wow! What a weekend! The staff at this resort resort is top-notch... from reservations (Amber), to front desk (Roxanne!), to concierge (Marilyn & Bobbi) to new employee, Harry who greeted us and helped with our luggage, as well as shuttled us to town... they are all just fabulous! As return guests and there for a special occasion, they all just seemed to go above and beyond to make our weekend special... from upgrading our room to providing a surprise birthday gift for my husband which was just so NICE and always calling us by name when they saw us... just these touches made it an even better experience... it felt like going home! The room was HUGE and beautiful and clean and so comfortable. Such a joy. We loved returning to Bonefish Grill for drinks and snacks and also had a wonderful breakfast which was delicious and reasonably priced. Then of course, there was the tennis!! We are fanatics and play for a couple hours at least every weekend so having such GREAT clay courts on which to play was a dream! We made sure to take advantage of that both days. To have a resort with their own courts was extremely important to us... great perk! After tennis on Saturday we decided to give boating a try and boy was that the right choice. Big, beautiful, clean, comfortable boats to rent right at the resort? Why wouldn't you?? A perfect day going out to the Snook Inn at Marco Island followed by a nice dip in the ocean anchored up at a nice little patch of beach... calm, quiet and so relaxing! We made sure to take advantage of the shuttle service the hotel provides for a nominal fee and headed into town for drinks and dinner on both Friday and Saturday night... and of course, the beach to watch the sunset. The pool is nice and the Bluewater Bar & Grill is a great place to get fun drinks and good food.. and of course, seeing the same faces we saw 3 years ago was another pleasure (Adam & Michael). Great service!! Obviously, I can't seem to say enough about this resort but I will end it here and just say.... WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN! And this time, it won't be 3 years before we do again!!!!! Thank you Naples Bay Resort for making my husband's birthday a trip to remember!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa E
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

mellis2367

Thank you not only for the time you took to write your review of Naples Bay Resort but also for your continued support. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us once again and for such a fun occasion.

Between the weekend full of tennis and the adventure into waters off Naples Bay, it sounds like you both celebrated in luxurious style. It is great to hear that all our team members left you with wonderful memories. They really make the difference, making a trip away from home feel more like coming back to your home away from home. We are looking forward to celebrating many birthdays with you for many years to come!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I accompanied my husband to the Naples Bay Resort, while he was there for a continuing education seminar. The resort was lovely. We had a one bedroom villa with a large, clean, new and well equipped kitchen, two full baths and a comfortable balcony with a marina view. It was definitely a place where we could have stayed and been very happy for an extended vacation. The resort is not beach side, and "Club" where the pool and spa are located is a couple of blocks away (the only negative). It's an easy enough walk, if you're inclined to do that, but if not, there's a shuttle or you can take your car and there's ample parking there. Once at the Club, you can go into the gym and work out or take a yoga class (I took Gentle Yoga), use the spa services (I had a Swedish massage, which was just okay), and go to the pool. The locker room at the spa is nicely appointed, clean and well-equipped and I stashed all my stuff in a free, nice, clean & large locker for the day, while I went to the pool, which connects directly to the spa. The setup is great. The gym, spa, pool and restaurant are all connected, so it's really comfortable and easy to just relax and enjoy all the services and go easily from one to another. Also, all the food I are was really good--I had two meals at the poolside restaurant and both were fresh and flavorful. I also partook of the breakfast in my husband's seminar. There was abundant fresh fruit, pastries (which I didn't taste), good coffee and breakfast burritos that you can tell were freshly made and hadn't been sitting around in a chafing dish for a long while. When I discovered they had bacon inside, which I don't eat, the wait staff happily made me two new fresh burritos with no bacon. All in all, we're happy we discovered this resort in Naples, and if we can go to another continuing ed course there again, I'll book the place for longer!

2  Thank Travelmommy3
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

TravelMommy3

Thank you for taking a few moments to write up such a fantastic review of your time at Naples Bay Resort. Such a lovely retreat, being able to join your husband while he attends a seminar here on property. You did a marvelous job of taking advantage of your time here, imbibing in massages and dining al fresco poolside. I like the way you vacation! You are both welcome back anytime to better explore all that Naples has to offer. The beaches are marvelous, the boat rentals available at our marina make adventuring convenient, and Fifth Avenue South shops and restaurants are just the icing on the cake. Hope to see you and your family soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the place to stay if you want to take control of your vacation and have access to all of the amenities you would have at home.

You really feel like you're living in a beautiful Naples community when you stay here. The apartment/condo units are beautiful, clean, and well-equipped. You've got a washer/dryer, flat screen tv, full kitchen including dishwasher and ice-making fridge. The bathroom is huge. Ours had 2 sections, each with a toilet, a bathtub/shower, and a stall shower. The balcony was very nice, with plenty of modern seating, including a rocking sofa and outdoor ceiling fan. Housekeeping were great and super friendly when we ran into them.

The front desk is located in the main building, and depending on where you are staying, it could be a bit of a walk. The pool/fitness club is also a bit of a walk, although they do provide a shuttle. I don't think it's worth the hassle though. Prepare yourself to do some walking around. The concierge Marilyn is glamorous and so helpful. She's a lovely woman who does her job well.

The pools are great. I loved the infinity pool although I will say that you're left to pretty much fend for yourself. You can expect a plethora of crazy kids in the main pool; luckily there's an adults only pool which is lovely. The pool side cafe/restaurant is nothing to write home about. The fellow manning the counter seemed to have more of an interest in his iPhone than serving customers. I had to pull him away from his socializing in order to sign my bill!

When we checked out on the early morning of July 13, the individual at the front desk had decided she didn't want to wear her shoes and was doing her job with ankle gym socks on. This is a luxury resort, isn't it?

I think there's a bit of tweaking that needs to go on here but I would recommend staying here. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

UrbanLeo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your visit with us at Naples Bay Resort. I deeply apologize for the lapse in exceptional service we have come to pride ourselves in. We know the individuals that you mentioned and the issues that you brought up will be addressed and prevented in the future.

Your time here appears to have been filled with relaxation, leaving you with great memories. I will personally let Marilyn know that you found her to be helpful and glamorous. I think that she is deserving of both those titles; she truly makes staying here a breeze!

I sincerely hope that you visit us again in the near future. We know you will experience more 5-star moments and make some new wonderful memories!