“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lamoraga Restaurant

Lamoraga Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lamoraga Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 981 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$5 - US$42
Cuisines: International, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lamoraga Restaurant is the creative International and Tapas Cuisine restaurant in Naples, Florida. We offer a wide variety of international dishes, delicious food, fresh seafood, and refreshing cocktails.
Naples, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

This newer restaurant was a great find, we now visit every week. The menu features a mix of traditional Spanish favs as well as their own unique creations. There's a hint of Asian influence in a few of the selections. We generally share everything, starting with a salad and then two or three tapas selections. The main courses are also good, but we almost always order tapas and share. There's a roasted eggplant dish that is not to be missed! Decor is beautiful, and staff are attentive and helpful without being intrusive. Nice selection of wines. One of the best restaurants we have found in Naples.

1 Thank Chicag0AB

Sarasota, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and great modern atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

What a nice place to go have Lunch or dinner. We were passing by and had lunch. Even though the Kitchen was not yet open. We were welcome to seat a table by the window and enjoy a drink.
A few minutes later our Canadian waitress brought us some tapas and our meals. Such nice
Affordable, excellent fresh Mediterranean food! We loved the whole experience!

1 Thank Helene F
Naples, Florida
“Overpriced and you're paying for decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Having recently moved to Naples from the NYC area I was instantly charmed by the restaurant's trendy, chic decor. The drink specials menu touted one of my old standbys: lychee martini. Was delish! My friend and I sat at the bar and enjoyed the barkeep's company; chatting with her over our cocktails. So far so good.

Our first order was the hamachi and it was excellent. I didn't think twice when I ordered the garlic shrimp; a tapas standard. SORELY disappointing. I was completely underwhelmed. The shrimp was overcooked and rubbery and the dish lacked flavor overall. We went to bat again with "the special": grilled octopus. The dish we were served was so utterly disgusting, I sent it back and spit the one bite I took into my dinner napkin. It was like chewing on a knuckle. Our bartender made up for it by sending us another app on the house; she was definitely the best part of the dining experience. Better tapas to be had elsewhere for sure.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sabrina B
Florida
“Finally, something truly new (and great) comes to Naples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I'm originally from NYC, so I want each weekend to be an adventure of discovering a new restaurant (especially non-American cuisine). Lamoraga is that type of great new discovery. A winner on every level.

Tapas and contemporary Spanish cuisine (with a slight Japanese-fusion element) in a very hip, contemporary space. Really cool and original and exactly what this area needs.

Here's what we had, and it was all great:

3 Very original and daring versions of Gazpacho

Lamb Skewers (Tapas)

Eggplant Lamoraga

Iberian Pork Slider

Beef Slider

Awesome Red Sangria

Juan Gil Monastrell, Jumilla

Amazing Pedro Ximenez Sherry (from the Barrosoa Valley of all places)

A "late harvest" Malbec dessert wine (I've never heard of such a thing and I teach classes about wine)

And finally a truly unique, delicious, chocolaty Uruguayan Tannat (dessert wine).

AWESOME DINNER !!!

Before closing this review, I would be remiss if I did not mention that Lamoraga has been lucky enough to grab one of the best restaurant managers in Naples. Chip (Shumway) was the guy who guided such well-known and successful downtown Naples icons like Bistro 821 and Chops City Grill to their levels of greatness. He's now the guy at the helm here.

Congrats Chip and congrats Lamoraga. Can't wait to visit again.

3 Thank AquaMan998
Naples, Florida, United States
“Simply the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The most beautiful restaurant I have ever seen followed up with exceptional service and delicious tapas. La Moraga is a MUST for anyone looking for a great place to eat in Naples!

• Visited July 2014