“Delightful Stay!”

Gulfcoast Inn Naples
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We went to Gulfcoast Inn for a brief vacation and it was wonderful! There are 3 restaurants on site, all with great food. The room was clean and comfortable. All the employees were extremely courteous. It was a great experience and one we'd like to repeat. It is pet friendly, though we decided not to take our dog.

Room Tip: I would avoid a room that was near the bar as it probably got noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gulfcoast Inn Naples

Reviewed 11 August 2013

we stayed in naples 2 nights. check in was ok. staff is on the border of being ignorant and unpolite. seemed they all weren't really happy with there job. we had ground floor rooms, which was good, since we had a lot of luggage, but there were a lot of little antlike bugs in the kids room coming from underneath the door. and several tiny little bugs coming from behind the very old AC. luckily the room had no carpet but white tiles so we could see them and tried to get rid of the. then we sprayed insect repellent. they were gone then. the rooms had a white moden appearance and seemed clean. bathrooms were ok. the poolarea is really beautiful . best pool on all the road trips and the tiki-bar area was convenient to chill after a days of sightseeing. great burgers ! staff was ok. people hanging out at the bar were ok, got a bit loud sometimes. theres a sushi bar too, which seems completely out of place. the hotels location is very convenient. everything is not too far by car. lowdermilk beach was great, payed parking. changing rooms, showers. everything close to the beach. but the naples beach is even better naturewise. beautiful with lots of palmtrees . seemed a bit small and crowded in the changing area.
even though the hotel has the big restaurant at the pool, it doesn't use it to serve good breakfast there. guest get their breakfast of the simplest motel style in the lobby. then they may take their food to the restaurant and sit there. atmosphere is unhappy and disappointing. breakfast staff seems unhappy too. overall the hotel is ok though , due to the location , the pool and the convenience to eat there in the evening and chill out with a beer. salad is served on plastic. so stick to the 8oz angus burgers

Room Tip: request a room on the top floor. maybe helps to avoid the bugs. and not on the poolside because of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank strasy
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I must admit that I had trepidations about a deal this good. $159 for two nights including breakfast and one dinner. Wow! I met a high school friend there last week and we had a delightful time. The pool was just wonderful and the area around the pool immaculate. The rooms were clean and well furnished. Harold's Bar served a delicious lunch and the price was right! Dinner at Fujiyama was as good as any hibachi dinner as I ever have had. All in all I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EnidBetty
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We arrived at the GCI early evening and after a quick check in were pleasantly surprised at the lovely atmosphere as we waked past Harold's Bar! It was Sunday and Karaoke night.
Our rooms were perfect with everything we needed for our 3 night stay.
The beds were huge and very soft, as were the pillows. I must say I prefer firm beds and flatter pillows but that's just my preference and nothing to complain about.
The free breakfast had the usual cereals, bagels, juice etc and also a waffle maker. The breakfast room is very pleasant and clean.
We had rooms by the pool and Harold's bar, I didn't find it noisy at all during or after closing and I'm 64 years old, in fact I thought it was great to sit by the pool watching the local seniors spending their afternoons having a good time in the lovely setting.
I only wished we had been there longer and would certainly recommend the GCI.
I'm from the UK and find most of the places we visit and stay at in America great, I read some of these negative reviews before travelling and am always pleasantly surprised that things are far better than expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz35
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Our room was clean, spacious and beach-y. We liked the efficiency apartment style with a very comfortable bed. The location is especially nice; close to beaches, shopping, dining,(on site as well as nearby)and attractions such as golf and the zoo.The free breakfast was nice, bagels, doughnuts, cereal or make your own belgian waffles, and it was a pleasant time to socialize with other guests. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margie I
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

This old and outdated hotel is in need of some serious TLC. The beds are old and boxy. The bathrooms were rusty, musty, and had the poorest water pressure ever. The door had gaps that let all the outside sounds in and the sometimes it took 7 tries to get the card reader to unlock it. Maybe this was a nice room back in 1987 but, it doesn't work anymore.

The absolute and only best part of staying here were the bars and restaurants. Harold's was busy every night and they pour nice strong drinks and the staff always remembered what you had. I had the best sushi ever at this place. The chef was meticulous and focused when he prepared each course and I left full and satisfied. I'm sure if Anthony Bourdain ever visited this place, he would agree with me about the food and booze. I say that mostly because they are always filled with the 'locals'.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Olsonkmn
Reviewed 9 April 2013

After check in the allocated rooms were not good especially one that smelt this was changed. Both our rooms had children and they were in the near vicinity of the bar which became very noisy until just after midnight.
Then about an hour later people started returning from nights out and the noise and language were not child friendly. This went on to 3
I know people should be able to enjoy their holidays in different ways but in that case room allocation becomes important
We had booked in the GCI for 2 nights to complete our florida holiday after one.
While we were having breakfast and obtains a refund a guest came into breakfast with no shirt
Won't be going back or recommending

• Stayed: April 2013
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Sorry about your experience. If you did not want to be near the pool or bar area, we would have been more than happy to move your rooms to a different location. Ask us next time. If there were other loud guest in the night, we will be more than happy to put a stop to any people causing the issues. If we are not told about the problem, there is no way for us fix it. Keep that in mind when traveling in the future. Thank you.