“Watch Your Credit Card Charges”

Gulfcoast Inn Naples
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Lakeland, Florida
“Watch Your Credit Card Charges”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We took advantage of their weekend "deal" offering two nights and free dinner and drinks. I made the reservation in advance and paid with my credit card. A month later noticed that not only did they charge me the usual $172.76 for the package, they charged me an additional $150. After I disputed their claim, they credited back $50, then a month later, charged me another $50. This was in August, now it's December and I'm still trying to straighten this out. Just when I thought it had been, they charged me another $50 in November. They've got a pretty good scam going here. A lot of people don't check their credit card statements and they're being robbed by these grifters and their "great package deal". If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Penny G
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
The $150 additional charge was for smoking in a non smoking room. The fee is $100. That is why the $50 was credited the next day. That was a mistake that was corrected. You clearley smoked in the room & I have the pictures to prove it. The $100 charge was completely ligit. It even states on the reg card that you understand the smoking charge policies. We do have a few smokinf rooms left. Next time, ask for one. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at Gulfcoast Inn. We arrived early thinking we could change our clothes and hang at pool until check in time. the front desk was so accommodating, they gave us a room right away.
Continental breakfast every morning. Wonderful pool , close to beaches. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end near parking lot, much quieter than pool area
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dee08753
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just last week stayed at the Gulfcoast and had a wonderful experience, enjoyed a renovated King room facing the pool and lovely grounds, property s so clean and a wonderful warm enviroment have stayed there n the past and this time was one of the best thanks to the desk staff (Teto was great) and made a much needed getaway the best Harold's restaurant bar was fabulous the food and the crowd amazing

Room Tip: Poolside room the best lovely pool and grounds
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tweety_pie44
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great location and price with continental breakfast included. I would stay here again. Only downside was,after receiving many complaints management did not step up to the plate and deal with 4 rowdy, obnoxious guests that were spoiling the pool enjoyment of others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this inn several weeks ago with my family.upon checking in we were given a key to an unrenovated room that had a damp,mildewy odor to it.we were exhausted from our long trip and didnt immediately leave. We should have. When we turned the lights on there were ants under the sheets and what appeared to be rodent fecal droppings all over the floor and the bathroom counter. We tried to report this to the staff and were greeted with hostility. Fearing for my families safety we immediately left and will let the credit card company handle it. This was my worst hotel experience in my life !!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NYTimesCritic M
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
This is completely untrue. We have never had any rodents in any rooms or complaints of any rodents. Livinging in Florida, one can become familair with ants. I will tell to you, they are not found in beds. They are usually found around door ways, bathroom & kitchen areas looking for food. I will not say we have never had any ants in a room, but I don't ever remeber them being located in any beds. If any of these coments were relayed to the front desk, there would have been a solution offered. I even emailed you when you posted this, to try & look into the situation, but no reply as of yet. I'm not surprised, since these claims are false.

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We traveled down with a large group from Ohio for a high school football game. We loved GCI! We arrived early yet our rooms were ready for us, staff friendly. We had a fantastic burger by the pool and really loved how the pool area/bar area is like a secluded little island all its own on busy (but so convenient) road. You forget you are only seconds from shopping and a very short drive to the beautiful beach. We loved watching the Ohio State game in the bar which was packed with locals and our group. The rooms were fine and ours even had a newly renovated/tiled shower. Breakfast was completely on par with all the more expensive chain hotels. I cant wait to return to Naples and will definately stay here again. O-H-......

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I-O
go Bucks.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you
Lodi
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed four nights - enjoyed having the large area to sit outside by the pool and by Harold's. The price was extremely good for the Naples area. The combined sink for the bathroom/kitchen area is different but doable. There is a very clean laundry area which was very convenient while staying here. The breakfast is continental and options are limited. If you enjoy being outside and want to save some money - this hotel will work well for you.

Room Tip: We choose a room on the parking lot side -was quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple